News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

S1

Started by 966, May 13, 2012, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Since when did VIP start operating the S1 route on a Sunday? Just seen one crossing over the bypass onto Damson Parkway. I know that the 966 and S1 interwork on a Sunday as the 966 that comes into Solihull leaves as the S1 but I thought it was NXWM that operates on a Sunday and VIP pick up the evening services as normal. 

Nathan4775

Quote from: 966 on May 13, 2012, 01:23:54 PM
Since when did VIP start operating the S1 route on a Sunday? Just seen one crossing over the bypass onto Damson Parkway. I know that the 966 and S1 interwork on a Sunday as the 966 that comes into Solihull leaves as the S1 but I thought it was NXWM that operates on a Sunday and VIP pick up the evening services as normal.

Are you sure it was working the S1
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

VIP began operating the S1 on Sundays from April 22nd.

It wasn't advertised on the Network West Midlands website, and AG only started putting up notices inside some of their buses after this date.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Thanks for the info Stu. So are VIP operating just the S1 and then taking over the 966 like normal in the evening or are they doing both routes throughout the day, with NXWM not operating the routes at all on a Sunday. The S1 is extremely unreliable during the week I personally think they should reintroduce the old 76 route (Damsonwood to Kings Heath) or extend it somewhere else so that they can increase frequency and sort out the reliability.

Stu

As far as I know, NXWM still operate the daytime Sunday journeys on the 966.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

Quote from: 966 on May 13, 2012, 03:21:38 PM
Thanks for the info Stu. So are VIP operating just the S1 and then taking over the 966 like normal in the evening or are they doing both routes throughout the day, with NXWM not operating the routes at all on a Sunday. The S1 is extremely unreliable during the week I personally think they should reintroduce the old 76 route (Damsonwood to Kings Heath) or extend it somewhere else so that they can increase frequency and sort out the reliability.

Or re-route current 966
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

MW

Quote from: NathanJC on May 13, 2012, 06:06:35 PM
Quote from: 966 on May 13, 2012, 03:21:38 PM

Or re-route current 966

To take it from one side of the Damsonwood area to the other? Then one side will lose out.

Lukeee

Think VIP run the 966 all sunday, was a VIP dart in Erdington this morning at 7.15

VIP run early Sunday 966A journeys and late 966 evening journeys. NXWM run 966 Sunday daytime journeys

Quote from: Lukeee on May 13, 2012, 09:25:50 PM
Think VIP run the 966 all sunday, was a VIP dart in Erdington this morning at 7.15

BU07 LGO

VIP are pikeys, t6he new AMPM. I was driving through Perry Beeches when a VIP dart came flying onto my side of the road to overtake parked cars depite me already been there so i just sat there and made him reverse!! then he had the cheek to try and have a go at me!

PM

Lol well done-I dont really like the look of VIP to be honest...

ilovetea4370

Cant say I'm keen on VIP either, I know a few enthusiasts like them but to me at least they just seem a bit "Bodge It And Scarper". Maybe if they came up with a proper livery, sorted out all the broken LED's and trained the drivers a bit more, they might be alright!

PM

Do enthusiasts really like them?

ilovetea4370

Well I know a couple of spotters who are fans but personally I think they are barmy!

Lukeee

I've heard good things about the coaching side of the buisness and have yet to hear anything bad about the bus side of the company, tbh everytime i see them there always running to schedule with working LED's so can't really see a problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk