News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Just a quick general question - I saw a D1/2/3 branded E200 on the 585 in Coventry on Sunday, and I noticed that it had a very small number on the blinds. Doesn't this break the DDA rules regarding displays?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stourvalley/32175743568/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: StourValley98 on November 27, 2018, 09:06:28 AM
Just a quick general question - I saw a D1/2/3 branded E200 on the 585 in Coventry on Sunday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stourvalley/32175743568/
Do you think Stagecoach is getting more passngers on the Sunday 585 than when MDC ran it?

Kevin

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 27, 2018, 03:08:05 PM
Do you think Stagecoach is getting more passngers on the Sunday 585 than when MDC ran it?
[/quote

Every potential, people who have stagecoach passes might use it between Rugby and Cov, extra Sunday journeys on top of the 86
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin

What usually works the 665? Cause I've just followed Unibus 10041 around Bishops Itchington while on the 502 from Banbury, seems massively over the top to have a decker on there
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Adam 404

Quote from: Kevin on December 22, 2018, 02:38:55 PM
What usually works the 665? Cause I've just followed Unibus 10041 around Bishops Itchington while on the 502 from Banbury, seems massively over the top to have a decker on there
The 665 is generally Enviro 200. Most of the general allocations are found on my spreadsheet. Hope that helps! 🙂 @Kevin
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuV-OWRD_pekgSs6TzRmdqSPwMhv

Solo1

Are the sightseeing buses at Stratford only De licensed for the winter or are they have some new buses in the spring

markcf83

Quote from: Solo1 on February 03, 2019, 05:57:22 AM
Are the sightseeing buses at Stratford only De licensed for the winter or are they have some new buses in the spring

I think they're mostly delicenced over the winter months. They definitely run between around Easter and early September but I stand to be corrected on this.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Solo1 on February 03, 2019, 05:57:22 AM
They are just delicensed for the winter.  The Stratford service no longer runs all year - it will restart a week before Easter.

I don't know if the existing open toppers will be replaced next year, but I haven't heard that they will or may be.  I'd be a little surprised if they were.

Sandy Lane

Coventry news tonight
Stagecoach Midlands ordered to run reduced fleet following fatal Coventry bus crash inquiry.
https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/stagecoach-midlands-ordered-to-run-reduced-fleet-following-fatal-coventry-bus-crash-inquiry-11850/

limit the number of vehicles the firm can run from 261 to 200 between April 1 and April 29

Solo1

Have the versa's now been returned that Leamington depot had

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Solo1 on March 10, 2019, 08:36:48 AM
Have the versa's now been returned that Leamington depot had
Yes, they were returned to Warwickshire County Council in January.

D10

The end of the Kenilworth Station Link , or the contract has been awarded to someone else?

PD0000479/325 Cancelled
MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LIMITED

Route: Kenilworth Shops to Kenilworth Station

Service number: SL (SL)

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 01 Jun 2019

JPC

I imagine the service is axed, a logistical nightmare really for commuters.  Kenilworth only has a direct rail service to Coventry and Leamington Spa and not quite the centre of them at that.
Established bus services gets people more closer to the centres in little difference of journey time and is more frequent.

The 539 service might be amended around 9:10am to cover the Malthouse Lane loop as per the past ::).

the trainbasher

Quote from: JPC on April 07, 2019, 01:46:51 PM
I imagine the service is axed, a logistical nightmare really for commuters.  Kenilworth only has a direct rail service to Coventry and Leamington Spa and not quite the centre of them at that.
Established bus services gets people more closer to the centres in little difference of journey time and is more frequent.

The 539 service might be amended around 9:10am to cover the Malthouse Lane loop as per the past ::).

And from May the Coventry arena and Nuneaton will be served from Kenilworth by rail

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dennis

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 07, 2019, 02:08:21 PM
And from May the Coventry arena and Nuneaton will be served from Kenilworth by rail

Yes, because clearly lots of people from Kenilworth commute to the Ricoh...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk