News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Unusual Sightings

Started by Valandil, March 05, 2014, 01:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

There is a Goldline Solo vehicle on the 16 working which leaves Coventry at 1343, for anyone interested!

JoNi

Seem to be more Olympians on 16 this week, also saw a 28 branded Enviro on 16 this morning.

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on March 05, 2014, 02:08:45 PM
Seem to be more Olympians on 16 this week, also saw a 28 branded Enviro on 16 this morning.

There seems very often to be 28-branded Enviros on the Stratford-operated 16 workings.
I wonder whether there is any interworking which might cause this? -- I can't immediately see anything obvious suggesting that on the timetables, though the layover on the 16 at Stratford is very long indeed.

I happen to know that the Goldline vehicle on the 16 (which got into Stratford at 1500) did not then stay on the 16, but I do not know what it went onto, since it would assumedly be far too small for schools, and there is nothing else for a while in the Leamington direction.

While we're on the subject of the 28(a), there is an updated timetable due to the extension of the temporary change until 31st March:
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=1004

jc

The Goldline Solo could have gone onto the 50/A to Banbury, this used to be a booked board on a weekend and looking at the times, could be done on a weekday.

The 28 Branded deckers are used on the 06:20ish 26 From Stratford - Redditch and return trip for anyone interested.

Valandil

Quote from: jc on March 06, 2014, 07:09:22 AM
The Goldline Solo could have gone onto the 50/A to Banbury, this used to be a booked board on a weekend and looking at the times, could be done on a weekday.

The 28 Branded deckers are used on the 06:20ish 26 From Stratford - Redditch and return trip for anyone interested.

That's really interesting: it does surprise me how far Stagecoach let their vehicles stray from their depot!
It would figure, since Solos are often used on the 50(a) (and indeed normal single decks and deckers, basically anything!)
I can't work out what the 16 ex Stratford at 1532 worked before starting that route: neither the 50(a) nor the 26 fits, and the vehicle was a Solo.
The only possibility I can see at the moment is the X15 which gets into Stratford at 1516, which would give 16 minutes' layover.
One of the evening peak 26's used to be served by the Leamington depot as well, and I saw Unibus-branded vehicles on that particular one fairly often. I am not sure whether this is still the case though.

Valandil

Goldline Solos on the 16 seems to be an increasingly common sight these days!
There was another one today.

JoNi

I'm sure there's a connection between these sightings and reduced services on University of Warwick service U1 during vacation.

Valandil

Quote from: JoNi on March 23, 2014, 05:17:50 PM
I'm sure there's a connection between these sightings and reduced services on University of Warwick service U1 during vacation.

There may well be, though many of the sightings I've observed recently were during the term time.
There is also the more obvious consequence of there being more Unibus-branded vehicles 'off route' out of term time.

poolmeadow

Could be 47652 or 47512 both have been on loan to Stratford at various times since Christmas.

Ashley

Unibus liveried 10039 on Leamington 67 and or 68 yesterday. That seemed a bit daft to me given the routes would cope with a Solo from my observations

jc

67 gets regular deckers from both Leamington and Rugby depots, usually all dead but remember Sydenham is a large student area and has buses well into the night and even morning on Friday and Saturday nights

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk