News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hi-Ride

Started by John, February 13, 2014, 10:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

On vosa today

1. PD0001044/1 - FERDINAND PELLINGTON T/A HI-RIDE COACHES, 60 HOLLY ROAD, HANDSWORTH, BIRMINGHAM, B20 2DB

Variation Accepted: Operating between WATERLOO ROAD, SMETHWICK and ASTON SIXWAYS given service number 40X effective from 04-Dec-2014. To amend Timetable.

37351ml

Surprised to see Mr Pellington and his dart picking up in the city at the 16/74/75 stop on Friday morning, I had seen him at Hockley in the past so the route must have been extended.

Kevin

Quote from: 37351ml on December 07, 2014, 08:42:05 AM
Surprised to see Mr Pellington and his dart picking up in the city at the 16/74/75 stop on Friday morning, I had seen him at Hockley in the past so the route must have been extended.

Thought he was meant to terminate at Hockley Circus
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MrBevan2000

I've had trouble with the driver on the X40 before. Tried to take my camera off me before just for photographing the ex Stagecoach ALX200.

Steveminor

That's the owner. He's an owner driver & mechanic. He's done it all himself since he started. So you have to respect him for that

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Steveminor on December 18, 2014, 10:47:30 PM
That's the owner. He's an owner driver & mechanic. He's done it all himself since he started. So you have to respect him for that

Well I would respect him for that since it's hard to get one started but then I think he should respect us bus spotters. Actually pulled the bus over and delayed it to try and take my camera.

trident4370

Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 19, 2014, 08:13:16 PM

Well I would respect him for that since it's hard to get one started but then I think he should respect us bus spotters. Actually pulled the bus over and delayed it to try and take my camera.
When you say take your camera did he actually try and forcefully take it, or was he just telling you to hand it over?

MrBevan2000

Quote from: trident4370 on December 19, 2014, 08:26:12 PM
Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 19, 2014, 08:13:16 PM

When you say take your camera did he actually try and forcefully take it, or was he just telling you to hand it over?

He basically pulled up and said "Give me your camera!" I think he was there 3 minutes telling me to hand it over before I walked off. I could see him afterwards talking to one of the NXWM staff at One Stop. Could have been getting a telling off or something.

Westy

He's got something to hide!

Probably thinks you works for the Dss or whatever they're called thesedays!

trident4370

Ahh I see just a mouthy git then, I only asked because if he had tried to physically take it you could have took it further. I daresay I have photted the dart a couple of times and he hasn't said anything to me, yet. Usually when drivers don't want to be photographed for any reason they just cover their faces with their hands, so it makes me wonder why such an over reaction...

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Westy on December 20, 2014, 06:36:46 AM
He's got something to hide!

Probably thinks you works for the Dss or whatever they're called thesedays!

Quote from: trident4370 on December 20, 2014, 10:39:33 PM
Ahh I see just a mouthy git then, I only asked because if he had tried to physically take it you could have took it further. I daresay I have photted the dart a couple of times and he hasn't said anything to me, yet. Usually when drivers don't want to be photographed for any reason they just cover their faces with their hands, so it makes me wonder why such an over reaction...

Agreed. I wonder what he was hiding. But I haven't been to One Stop since. If he does it again I'll report him.

Solo1

Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 18, 2014, 11:58:34 AM
I've had trouble with the driver on the X40 before. Tried to take my camera off me before just for photographing the ex Stagecoach ALX200.
report him to the police who could send a plain clothes officer to see if he dose it again & hopefully will get done by them

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Matt on December 21, 2014, 11:57:47 PM
I think you should organise a meet up where you all go to One Stop with your cameras and photograph his bus...

Will have to in 2015. And if necessary we'll call the Police.

fleetline6477

Having seen his bus from a distance by Priory Queensway on Friday I've just looked at his timetable. Two questions

1. When does he take his break as the timetable is continuous from 0810 - 1735?

2. Is there an error on MXWM as all journeys from City run to Aston but only the first journey at 0810 starts from Aston with all others starting from One Stop?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 08:45:39 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 04, 2015, 08:28:43 PM
Having seen his bus from a distance by Priory Queensway on Friday I've just looked at his timetable. Two questions

1. When does he take his break as the timetable is continuous from 0810 - 1735?

2. Is there an error on MXWM as all journeys from City run to Aston but only the first journey at 0810 starts from Aston with all others starting from One Stop?

Good spot - I've added up the total driving time according to the NWM timetable which comes to 8h 38m with a cumulative break of 47 min when adding up the turnaround times at each terminus. Doesn't that take him over his legal hours as you can't drive over 8h 30m without an uninterrupted break of at least 30 min?

Having said that, according to the timetable after each outbound trip in his 5 min (or less) "turnaround" time he must drive from Aston Hall Road to One Stop (which according to Google Maps takes 5 min in a car without traffic) so if that timetable is correct (and since it doesn't take account for travelling time to/from wherever he parks his bus) it is likely in reality he drives over 9 hours solid each day without any break

...ahhh the good old days, ay Matt?

--

The Fox 4846 - Off topic posts will be deleted without warning.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk