News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Worst route?

Started by nx4737, May 09, 2012, 04:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I used to live on the 82 route, I live by blue gates, and from my experience, the 87 isn't great for anti-social behaviour

Quote from: nx4737 on May 09, 2012, 06:49:40 PM
Quote from: lgr on May 09, 2012, 05:55:02 PM
The Soho road routes are awful, I agree.

I also feel extremely unsafe on the 49/A through Hawkesley/Pool Farm/Druids Heath, even in the middle of the day.

Never had a problem on the 49, 82 or 87...

74/75 Don't look brilliant though at times.

Ash

Im not suprised no one has said the 51 or X51 thats probably due to the inspectors and police always pulling the buses or checking tickets they were by the towers the other day and im sure they would find more fare invaders checking tickets in Hockley or other areas like that also why is there never inspectors at night checking tickets when most of the unsocialble people catch the buses and might aswell show the driver a reciept as they just walk on the bus knowing the day saver or pass is out of date but dont blame the driver saying anything as its not worth the bother. I would also think it would make the buses feel safer for both passengers and drivers knowing inspectors regualary check the buses on the evening services i know drivers have some kind of panic button which is not much use when under attack, a great addition would be an outside door for the driver like on route masters in london if the driver is under attack at least there is a way out rather than one way in one way out

Tony

Quote from: Ash on May 09, 2012, 10:30:07 PM
Im not suprised no one has said the 51 or X51 thats probably due to the inspectors and police always pulling the buses or checking tickets they were by the towers the other day and im sure they would find more fare invaders checking tickets in Hockley or other areas like that also why is there never inspectors at night checking tickets when most of the unsocialble people catch the buses and might aswell show the driver a reciept as they just walk on the bus knowing the day saver or pass is out of date but dont blame the driver saying anything as its not worth the bother. I would also think it would make the buses feel safer for both passengers and drivers knowing inspectors regualary check the buses on the evening services i know drivers have some kind of panic button which is not much use when under attack, a great addition would be an outside door for the driver like on route masters in london if the driver is under attack at least there is a way out rather than one way in one way out

So I never work nights?

I've heard bad things about the 51, but I've never had any problems it.
I think the 120 can be bad at times

Ash

I dont think i have seen inspectors at night on the services i have used in the evening, when i catch them i never see any NXWM personell around bus stations or bus stops just the drivers, i never said u didnt work nights also i never  see the 'see something say something team' late in the evening.

suavegarv

There used to be a late night security squad in the late 80's / early 90's that were on call and were also around when the night services were operated by West Midlands Travel.

Quote from: Tony on May 09, 2012, 10:31:27 PM

So I never work nights?

Your lucky to see inspectors checking tickets/buses in the day never mind the nights of which I have never seen and I certainly would not envy the people who do this job. There is some right lousy scum out there and Employees get little back up or support and can often get themselves into trouble or put their jobs at risk by doing so. The Morale issue of bus travel in the Midlands on NXWM buses is pushed under the table. How is it that a pensioner pays for travel before 9.30 because their pass is not valid yet and they sit and watch some drunken lout stagger on 5 mins later obviously with a dodgy ticket and no-one says a word! Likewize paying customers watch drunken louts get on in groups at night without paying while they sit clutching onto their tickets worrying if they will get home safe. There are many rules and regulations these days but a bus seams to be the only place where you can do exaclty what you like....and get away with it!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on May 10, 2012, 08:39:23 PM

So I never work nights?

Your lucky to see inspectors checking tickets/buses in the day

Been out today training 7 more
Had 3 people arrested

Tony

Quote from: Tony on May 10, 2012, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: 4006 on May 10, 2012, 08:39:23 PM

So I never work nights?

Your lucky to see inspectors checking tickets/buses in the day

Been out today training 7 more
Had 3 people arrested

Tony

Thanks and keep up the good work  :)
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Nathan4775

There a quite a few NX inpections on the 50 route lately and a few other 31/2/3/5/6 etc
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

richie

I think you all need to take into account the size of the network and the amount of inspectors dedicated to revenue protection which has just increased by double i believe.

Ashley

I've never had a problem with the 49, the 50 isn't usually too bad i think, i got on a 51 yesterday and there was a few noisy chavs at the back upstairs. The worst iv seen was 4082 on the 451 just before christmas, there was a gang of youths upstairs and they ripped off near enough every seat squab and that just added to the rest of the litter. It does feel like some people can just get away with anything on NXWM buses, like on WN Tridents, the same graffiti tag appears on at least one window, just does my nut in that they cant do more to solve the problem. If it was me, id check every bus every night for graffiti and remove it straight away, might be abit more costly but would make the buses look better. I also said on another topic that 1643 has had some graffiti on the it for at least 8 months

Lukeee

Quote from: Ash on May 09, 2012, 10:36:39 PM
I dont think i have seen inspectors at night on the services i have used in the evening, when i catch them i never see any NXWM personell around bus stations or bus stops just the drivers, i never said u didnt work nights also i never  see the 'see something say something team' late in the evening.

I seen tickect checks taking place outside my work on sunday, infact 9 times out of 10 i see them is on a sunday.

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on May 21, 2012, 08:53:00 PM
Quote from: Ash on May 09, 2012, 10:36:39 PM

I seen tickect checks taking place outside my work on sunday, infact 9 times out of 10 i see them is on a sunday.

Your Not in Dudley Zoo are you?
The stop outside was one place we did checks yesterday. The other was Sandpits on the 82/87

BU07 LGO

The 451 is quite bad, i remember being on a newly repainted b7 alx back in 2008/2009 and chavs were blatantly etching all the windows with a pound coin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk