News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Worst route?

Started by nx4737, May 09, 2012, 04:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

The 11 is quite a bad route for anti-social behaviour.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Lukeee on May 09, 2012, 07:25:59 PM
The 11 is quite a bad route for anti-social behaviour.

I was gonna say that but thought it probally wouldnt be, but it does run through handsworth & places like that
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

D10

If we go by window etching then the routes served by BC, AG and YW seem the worst by far. With regard to the 11, I got fed up seeing all the buses in the new livery but totally spoiled by the idiots who had damaged the windows.

Nathan4775

Quote from: D10 on May 09, 2012, 07:44:32 PM
If we go by window etching then the routes served by BC, AG and YW seem the worst by far. With regard to the 11, I got fed up seeing all the buses in the new livery but totally spoiled by the idiots who had damaged the windows.

Theres quite a bit of window etching on PB routes aswell
My Flickr;

Maybe they are all just 'the worst route' ?
Can anyone say 'I know a good route, there's never any trouble and the buses are always clean and smell as fresh as a newly Lennored Pillow case'?
Maybee in Cornwall or Devon!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Liberator9

In reply to a good route, like Devon, the 157 from Sidmouth to Exmouth. The bus was a single deck (http://travel66.com/page_3437.html) and http://www.flickr.com/photos/swbuspics/6949504957/  and the route was excellent. Interesting and even a reversing section in a small farm dead end road. No graffiti or etching at all on any of the buses, even on the buses in Exeter. Oxford is another good example with smart vandalism free buses similar to Norfolk green.

Gareth

As a regular 8 user between Saltley and the Jewellery Quarter, it is really not that bad! One of the better routes actually!

The 14 is one of the worst for drug smoking.

Just because some of the areas are rough, doesnt mean that the bus routes are all bad. The 74/75 may be bad for time keeping and traffic congestion at times but from experience, the passengers are a lot better than other routes in Birmingham.

Nathan4775

Quote from: 4006 on May 09, 2012, 07:54:13 PM
Maybe they are all just 'the worst route' ?
Can anyone say 'I know a good route, there's never any trouble and the buses are always clean and smell as fresh as a newly Lennored Pillow case'?
Maybee in Cornwall or Devon!!

651/654
My Flickr;

MW

Quote from: Gareth on May 09, 2012, 08:03:09 PM
As a regular 8 user between Saltley and the Jewellery Quarter, it is really not that bad! One of the better routes actually!

Just because some of the areas are rough, doesnt mean that the bus routes are all bad. The 74/75 may be bad for time keeping and traffic congestion at times but from experience, the passengers are a lot better than other routes in Birmingham.

Exactly! I sometimes use it to get from Highgate to Sparkbrook, yes a very short distance but sometimes it's raining like mad, especially today! Then get the 37 from Aldi, or the 31 from the stop after, because for a ridiculous reason, the 2/3/37 stop far behind the next stop which is after the lights and is very annoying to get to Acocks Green. I might get to Centro on this!

Nathan4775

Quote from: Michael on May 09, 2012, 08:15:17 PM

Exactly! I sometimes use it to get from Highgate to Sparkbrook, yes a very short distance but sometimes it's raining like mad, especially today! Then get the 37 from Aldi, or the 31 from the stop after, because for a ridiculous reason, the 2/3/37 stop far behind the next stop which is after the lights and is very annoying to get to Acocks Green. I might get to Centro on this!

Shoudnt you go to the Garage about it as I think somwere Tony said "Centro only pay for routes if there tendered" its the garages choice about routes
My Flickr;

MW

Quote from: NathanJC on May 09, 2012, 08:23:03 PM

Shoudnt you go to the Garage about it as I think somwere Tony said "Centro only pay for routes if there tendered" its the garages choice about routes

It's not re-routing. It's to do with the bus stop in particular! I will get on to both though, in that case.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Michael on May 09, 2012, 08:26:58 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on May 09, 2012, 08:23:03 PM

It's not re-routing. It's to do with the bus stop in particular! I will get on to both though, in that case.

I carnt comment no further as I dont live up there
My Flickr;

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Centro manage the bus stops and bus stations and bus priorities etc... for every single route whether they provide a full subsidy or none whatsoever. So any complaints about bus stops, condition, location etc... need to go to Centro and its subsidary Network West Midlands which in my experience is so very very easily confused with National Express West Midlands, with the acronyms being NWM and NXWM which means that either fidn themselves fielding compaints that should have been addressed to the other party and vice versa. A friend on Twitter the other week got a very catty remark from NWM when he complained to them about a NXWM route!

Stu

I know what you mean about the bus stops at Sparkbrook, by the Aldi. It would make sense to have the 31, 31A and 37 all use the same stop, as they all go to Acocks Green, rather than have separate stops either side of Walford Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on May 09, 2012, 09:01:12 PM
I know what you mean about the bus stops at Sparkbrook, by the Aldi. It would make sense to have the 31, 31A and 37 all use the same stop, as they all go to Acocks Green, rather than have separate stops either side of Walford Road.

Yeah, very ridiculous. The 2/3 obviously I understand, well the 3 anyway, and the 2 is a similar route so that's fine. The 37 though is pointless. They may as well stop it on the stop after Walford Road, or let the 31/31A stop with the 37 as well. It'd make things so much easier! So now, if I see a President go past (side view as I'm walking down Highgate Road) I assume it's a 31, because the 5 cannot be President operated, and it's more likely a 31 than 37, so I catch the 37! If I see a million Scanias go past (6/37), I'll go to the 31 stop.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk