News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: 2900 on January 18, 2024, 03:07:44 PMDudley stops err what can one say other than complete shambles imo, they TFWM have had years to sort this out properly how did they think they could operate an entire bus station of routes on 2 streets its a joke.
Today i,m glad traffic ate up my all my dropback/layover time resulting in straight in and out there sharpish
100% agree. 

4960, regarding indicator stalks, in my case every modern bus since the 4000s have had indicator stalks mounted on the left side of the steering column, at WB 2 4900s i believe have had new indicator stalks mounted on the right most annoying i spent the whole time on that bus looking for the phamtom stalk, my left hand just constantly reaching out for the stalk that simply wasn't there. It just done my nut in. I assume shortage of correct parts supply. It makes you understand why bus makers build cabs that are universal across different model ranges. Something as simple as stalk being moved to the opposite side just throws you off nuts.

Wumpty

Quote from: 2900 on April 04, 2024, 08:27:54 AM4960, regarding indicator stalks, in my case every modern bus since the 4000s have had indicator stalks mounted on the left side of the steering column, at WB 2 4900s i believe have had new indicator stalks mounted on the right most annoying i spent the whole time on that bus looking for the phamtom stalk, my left hand just constantly reaching out for the stalk that simply wasn't there. It just done my nut in. I assume shortage of correct parts supply. It makes you understand why bus makers build cabs that are universal across different model ranges. Something as simple as stalk being moved to the opposite side just throws you off nuts.
Completely agree! The multifunction stalks that operate all of the indicators/lights/wipers used to drive me nuts - spent ages going for phantom indicators and the wiper knob on the dashboard that wasn't there!

Same when I bought a Kia Sedona and the stalks are on the opposite sides - wiping when indicating and indicating when it's raining LOL!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

ZF B7

4747 - Ok on flats but it absolutely despises hills. Struggles to reach 10mph on steep ones, worse than your average painfully slow 4900s

karl724223

4722 on the 9 today what a bostin fast bus now pn engineers have fixed it @BN 

Stu

Quote from: ZF B7 on April 12, 2024, 12:25:24 PM4747 - Ok on flats but it absolutely despises hills. Struggles to reach 10mph on steep ones, worse than your average painfully slow 4900s
Are you a bus driver then?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ZF B7

WB's 4700s are going down hill, tired engines etc , the ex premier fleet at WB worst of the lot imo 

ZF B7

Some of them are still absolute rockets, particularly the ex YW ones like 4739 and 4746. Night and day difference between them and most of the ex Coventry ones

ZF B7

1887 - Cannot be withdrawn any sooner. Struggles very badly for power, likes to take its time when opening the doors, and can get incredibly smokey at times, particularly when climbing hills. All the other numerous uncomfortable aspects of driving the Scanias makes it a painful drive

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk