News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X51 Walsall - Cannock

Started by fleetline6477, October 14, 2013, 07:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

I was at Bloxwich (Asda) traffic lights tonight when a single decker went across on the X51 to Cannock with not a single passenger on. It was the 1725 from Birmingham.

What are loadings usually like on this section of the route?

Bob

Unsurprisingly poor given that theres not a single timetable at any stop after bloxwich so you wouldn't even know the bloody thing existed! !!

fleetline6477

Quote from: bob on October 14, 2013, 07:56:35 PM
Unsurprisingly poor given that theres not a single timetable at any stop after bloxwich so you wouldn't even know the bloody thing existed! !!

I guess that shows the difference between the way Centro and Staffordshire display timetable information at stops.

Westy

Probably full from Birmingham to Walsall then empty onwards,  if the comments from my sister are anything to go by.

Any idea when the bridge works in Cheslyn Hay finish as she is doing my head in over the abysmal service.

She's told NX customer service that buses are continually rammed as well!

Why can't they put timetables on the Staffs section?

Bob

In wmt days there were always timetables they even had there own navy blue cases. Nx may as well withdraw completely really theyve got no interest in the area anymore its quite sad really. What's the point in running 3 stupid oclock trips that run almost empty that nobody knows about?  Yet for the last few years they've continued to do it :-(

Kevin

Quote from: bob on October 14, 2013, 10:09:21 PM
In wmt days there were always timetables they even had there own navy blue cases. Nx may as well withdraw completely really theyve got no interest in the area anymore its quite sad really. What's the point in running 3 stupid oclock trips that run almost empty that nobody knows about?  Yet for the last few years they've continued to do it :-(

Wouldn't exactly call those three "stupid o'clock" trips, they're in the rush hour, makes perfect sense to me
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on October 15, 2013, 07:57:10 AM
Quote from: bob on October 14, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

Wouldn't exactly call those three "stupid o'clock" trips, they're in the rush hour, makes perfect sense to me

So why don't they promote them then?

Bob

Iwouldnt call 630-7am rush hour??????

Kevin

Valid, but these would be services that get into Birmingham for when exactly? Oh yeah, rush hour
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

The first two get there at 7, 25 and 7.48....majority of people start work at 9? Only the last one gets there at 8.21 so personally id class just the one trip as 'rush hour'...

Liverpool Street

Quote from: bob on October 15, 2013, 04:53:19 PM
The first two get there at 7, 25 and 7.48....majority of people start work at 9? Only the last one gets there at 8.21 so personally id class just the one trip as 'rush hour'...

Flexi Time now Bob, you'll probably get more starting at 8am to 'beat the rush' - but in effect causing a bigger rush over a longer time!!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bob

Lol if the walsall to cannock section is as dead as what people say why have they persevered with it all these years? A later shopping hours trip or two properly advertised would be great!  As an alternative to the train

andyr

Sorry but in what world do people still work Monday to Friday 9 to 5 ???

the trainbasher

Those with fixed hours like some Civil Enforcement Officers

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andyr

So few and far between then !!!..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk