News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Vehicles

Started by windy miller, March 27, 2012, 01:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayP

I'm pretty sure 120 PVR is 12 & 140/241 is either 6/8, leaving either 2 or 3 B7RLEs.

Quote from: winston on March 29, 2012, 11:55:24 PM
Is the 238 still being run with B6's even after PE have withdrawn a load following the introduction of the Volvo B7RLE's in to service? The only one I haven't seen in service or in the depot is 2097

I also saw 604, 615 & 616 parked huddled together on Wed on double yellows outside of the perimeter fence, never seen anything parked there before. They looked as though they may be heading for Miller St as 604 was missing a headlight surround, so don't think they were for PM peak workings

Does anyone have any idea what the PVR of the 120/120E, 140 & 241 is? Trying to establish how many B7RLE's may be spare each day for other routes

Quote from: makkacdt on March 28, 2012, 12:24:16 AM
i blooming agree with the 238, why on earth they kept moving it from wb to pe all the time droved me crazy. When they took of the 129 which was used a hell of lot were i live, they upped the 238 to every 20, so with the 128 we would have a bus every 10 mins, perfect, at the time opperated by wb mercs they would get full and croweded but hey at least you got a seat. And occasianly you would get the deckers which were even better.

Now Some body has had the wisdom, o lets reduces it back to every half hour, have a b6 run it, it will be fine. Is it heck,

people are waiting longer as they are never on time, they are over crowded nearley every journey, they struggle to get up the hills, and to be quite honest the buses are just awful.

Its funny when wb were opperating them cause they were actually on time, the sunday they went back to pe, bang late.

Not having a dig at pe, but why suddenly change the the garage and the bus type when they were fine, to something which cleary aint.

I want the 129 back LOL

richie

120 pvr mon - sat is 11 vehicles 140 pvr mon - fri am is 6 and pm is 7 as one am 140 card is operated by WB. 11 B7rle for 120 1 for 141 am extra 6 for 140 am then 7 for pm 140 leaving 3 spare for 246 service providing there are non dead for vi and mot. And 238 will be 0405n operation.

Ash

Does anyone now wether the buses at WB that have the electronic destination displays also have Pensnett routes programmed into them.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Ash on April 01, 2012, 04:29:10 PM
Does anyone now wether the buses at WB that have the electronic destination displays also have Pensnett routes programmed into them.

I am aware that they have the 140/241 and 9/9S in them. I am sure that they have the boxing day routes in them but i cannot be too sure

Stu

It is probably a whole lot easier to program new routes into the LED display, rather than replace the old destination blinds.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

KayP

I saw 2 B7RLEs on the 246 on Friday.

Quote from: winston on March 27, 2012, 09:06:43 PM
Non of PE's / WN's new buses serve Brierley Hill or Merry Hill, I believe it has been suggested / rumoured that the 222 could be due some of the new Midi's later in the year.

Would have thought the 222, 246, 276 & X96 must be good contenders for any further new vehicles deliveries @ PE

Quote from: Stu on March 27, 2012, 08:38:59 PM
Quote from: Tomjusttom on March 27, 2012, 08:07:00 PM
According to http://www.centro.org.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.aspx?lID=7711&sID=4284, the following is meant to happen in the Brierley Hill area:

Quote- £2.2.m investment in brand new euro 5 buses

So presumably PE/WN might end up having more new buses.

I believe the new buses already introduced at WN and PE are Euro5 compliant. And that total figure includes other operators too.

And the 1 doesn't go to Merry Hill.  ;D

KayP

I'm pretty sure they have the 9, 120, 140, 141 and 241 from Boxing Day and peak journeys.

Quote from: Ash on April 01, 2012, 04:29:10 PM

Stu

West Brom used to operate the 120 full-time previously.  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk