News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Vehicles

Started by windy miller, March 27, 2012, 01:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makkacdt

i blooming agree with the 238, why on earth they kept moving it from wb to pe all the time droved me crazy. When they took of the 129 which was used a hell of lot were i live, they upped the 238 to every 20, so with the 128 we would have a bus every 10 mins, perfect, at the time opperated by wb mercs they would get full and croweded but hey at least you got a seat. And occasianly you would get the deckers which were even better.

Now Some body has had the wisdom, o lets reduces it back to every half hour, have a b6 run it, it will be fine. Is it heck,

people are waiting longer as they are never on time, they are over crowded nearley every journey, they struggle to get up the hills, and to be quite honest the buses are just awful.

Its funny when wb were opperating them cause they were actually on time, the sunday they went back to pe, bang late.

Not having a dig at pe, but why suddenly change the the garage and the bus type when they were fine, to something which cleary aint.

I want the 129 back LOL
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Liberator9

The 1 in Wolverhampton could do with some new buses. One of my friends uses it regularly and usually comments to me on how bad some of the buses used are. I know she'd appreciate some new buses on it!

winston

Suprised you haven't seen it on here that the 1 (WN) is due the 21 x Hybrid deckers announced last week as part of the Green Bus Fund 3, these are due Early 2013

Whether these will be used to see off the Spectra's who know's

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 28, 2012, 08:11:44 PM
The 1 in Wolverhampton could do with some new buses. One of my friends uses it regularly and usually comments to me on how bad some of the buses used are. I know she'd appreciate some new buses on it!

KayP

I used to travel on the 9 every day and it was always packed. I think routes like the 276 and X96 would also benefit with doubles. Does anyone know the 9's PVR?

Quote from: wilmotm on March 27, 2012, 10:12:28 PM
I would sincerly hope so, these are all my local routes and the buses that serve them are often in a terrible state and are always overcrowded, especially the 246 which preferably could do with some more double deckers and I can't see any reason why some cannot be transferred from the 9, even just 2 or so would help. I also travel on the 9 and even at peak times in the morning they are never full and sometimes can be upto a frequency of almost every 3-4 minutes. Also the 9 gets support from BC Tridents so a few less PE Enviro's in my opinion will do no harm at all.

Oh and on the new buses note I travelled on 1640 today for the first time since re-furbishment and for what I presume PE reckon is there best Merc having spent money on it on a LED and repaint its still in a fairly poor condition making a dreadful screeching noise and with some seats covered in grafitti etc... So that just highlights the condition of some of the 15 year old buses in the fleet
Quote from: winston on March 27, 2012, 09:06:43 PM
Would have thought the 222, 246, 276 & X96 must be good contenders for any further new vehicles deliveries @ PE

Ash

I saw 4705 on the 9S this afternoon is this a normal working as i guess the bus goes onto the dudley road services once completed

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Ash on March 29, 2012, 06:28:40 PM
I saw 4705 on the 9S this afternoon is this a normal working as i guess the bus goes onto the dudley road services once completed

Yeah its normal, WB do a couple of 9S/140/241 trips for PE.

Liberator9

Quote from: winston on March 28, 2012, 09:28:04 PM
Suprised you haven't seen it on here that the 1 (WN) is due the 21 x Hybrid deckers announced last week as part of the Green Bus Fund 3, these are due Early 2013

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 28, 2012, 08:11:44 PM

Good news then that new buses shall soon arrive. Although it may well see the end of the spectras.

MW

Quote from: winston on March 28, 2012, 09:28:04 PM

Would have though so, with there being 21 Spectras too.

richie

The PVR from PN for the 9 service is 21. four of which run in am and four run out pm.

KayP

238 gets changed from WB to PE and vice versa a lot, won't be suprised if it happens on the 1st April. They could just extend the 89 get it to run the 238 route from Oldbury to Blackheath, problem solved, 15 mins combined frequency between Blackheath and Oldbury with the 238 and 89. I'm just tired they keep changing the Halesowen - Merry Hill route, it was perfect the way it was, with the 99/138.

Quote from: makkacdt on March 28, 2012, 12:24:16 AM
i blooming agree with the 238, why on earth they kept moving it from wb to pe all the time droved me crazy. When they took of the 129 which was used a hell of lot were i live, they upped the 238 to every 20, so with the 128 we would have a bus every 10 mins, perfect, at the time opperated by wb mercs they would get full and croweded but hey at least you got a seat. And occasianly you would get the deckers which were even better.

Now Some body has had the wisdom, o lets reduces it back to every half hour, have a b6 run it, it will be fine. Is it heck,

people are waiting longer as they are never on time, they are over crowded nearley every journey, they struggle to get up the hills, and to be quite honest the buses are just awful.

Its funny when wb were opperating them cause they were actually on time, the sunday they went back to pe, bang late.

Not having a dig at pe, but why suddenly change the the garage and the bus type when they were fine, to something which cleary aint.

I want the 129 back LOL

Ash

I think it would be a good idea to run the 404H weekdays too it would only mean one extra omnilink as it would be the 404A just extended to merry hill then there would be a 15 minute frequency to merry hill from West Bromwich aswell as a weekday link from walsall to merry hill

winston

There may well be more chance of that & potential new routes after Merry Hill bus station gets rebuilt & capacity is increased. Merry Hill isn't very bus friendly at present, it's not really surprising that the majority choose to travel by car

Quote from: Ash on March 29, 2012, 10:57:31 PM
I think it would be a good idea to run the 404H weekdays too it would only mean one extra omnilink as it would be the 404A just extended to merry hill then there would be a 15 minute frequency to merry hill from West Bromwich aswell as a weekday link from walsall to merry hill

Ash

Quote from: winston on March 29, 2012, 11:06:32 PM
There may well be more chance of that & potential new routes after Merry Hill bus station gets rebuilt & capacity is increased. Merry Hill isn't very bus friendly at present, it's not really surprising that the majority choose to travel by car

For a large shopping centre I have to agree the bus station is outdated and the shelters two people cant pass each other also its strange how buses like the 222/X96 pull in with passengers on whilst changing the drivers as theres no room to park around the bus sation they use the bays in the middle.

winston

It's never really changed that much since Phase 1 of the shopping Centre was originally built. It's always been just a parking area with a few bog standard bus shelters, the stop by Matalan doesn't even have a shelter, you have to use Matalan's canopy to protect you from the elements. They should sacrifice more of the car park in front of Halfords & build a proper bus station that is totally undercover & you can walk straight through in to the shopping centre, bus lanes & priorities is a good idea. If people see the buses getting in/out much quicker than cars they may be more inclined to give them a try

Quote from: Ash on March 29, 2012, 11:10:21 PM
Quote from: winston on March 29, 2012, 11:06:32 PM

For a large shopping centre I have to agree the bus station is outdated and the shelters two people cant pass each other also its strange how buses like the 222/X96 pull in with passengers on whilst changing the drivers as theres no room to park around the bus sation they use the bays in the middle.

winston

Is the 238 still being run with B6's even after PE have withdrawn a load following the introduction of the Volvo B7RLE's in to service? The only one I haven't seen in service or in the depot is 2097

I also saw 604, 615 & 616 parked huddled together on Wed on double yellows outside of the perimeter fence, never seen anything parked there before. They looked as though they may be heading for Miller St as 604 was missing a headlight surround, so don't think they were for PM peak workings

Does anyone have any idea what the PVR of the 120/120E, 140 & 241 is? Trying to establish how many B7RLE's may be spare each day for other routes

Quote from: makkacdt on March 28, 2012, 12:24:16 AM

I want the 129 back LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk