News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Vehicles

Started by windy miller, March 27, 2012, 01:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Anyone know if WN are due any new Double Deck Vehicles this Year?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

winston

None are on order for this year. I would have thought a quantity of double deckers would be ordered for Spring 2013, these should include the recently announced 21 x Hybrid double deckers from Green Bus Fund 3.

As WN has just had 25% of its fleet replaced in the matter of months, I'd be suprised if they were to receive any further new vehicles in quantity

Stu

They've just had 40 brand new single-decks in the last couple of months, no need to get greedy!  :P

The priority is unfortunately going to be in the Birmingham area, I'm afraid. I reckon next year we'll see a load of new double-decks for the 11A/C Outer Circle.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

uniquicity

Quote from: winston on March 27, 2012, 01:34:39 PM
None are on order for this year. I would have thought a quantity of double deckers would be ordered for Spring 2013, these should include the recently announced 21 x Hybrid double deckers from Green Bus Fund 3.

As WN has just had 25% of its fleet replaced in the matter of months, I'd be suprised if they were to receive any further new vehicles in quantity

There is a Wolverhampton Transport Forum happening at this very moment. It was mentioned that the 21 hybrid deckers are destined for the 1.

Tomjusttom

According to http://www.centro.org.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.aspx?lID=7711&sID=4284, the following is meant to happen in the Brierley Hill area:

Quote- £2.2.m investment in brand new euro 5 buses

So presumably PE/WN might end up having more new buses.

Stu

Now I'm getting greedy! It would be nice if they were destined for the 1 in Birmingham (from Town Hall to Acocks Green), as it used to be a 'showcase' route, and was last upgraded with refurbed Presidents!  ::)

However using some on Wolverhamptons 1 would be a nice idea, as its a regular well-used route linking Wolverhampton and Dudley, don't think they'd need all 21 though, BC get away with using 18 on both the 22 and 23 routes.
My locals:

uniquicity

You would be suprised at the PVR of the Wolverhampton 1. It was 18 after the July 2011 service changes.

Stu

Quote from: Tomjusttom on March 27, 2012, 08:07:00 PM
According to http://www.centro.org.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.aspx?lID=7711&sID=4284, the following is meant to happen in the Brierley Hill area:

I believe the new buses already introduced at WN and PE are Euro5 compliant. And that total figure includes other operators too.

And the 1 doesn't go to Merry Hill.  ;D
My locals:

winston

Non of PE's / WN's new buses serve Brierley Hill or Merry Hill, I believe it has been suggested / rumoured that the 222 could be due some of the new Midi's later in the year.

Would have thought the 222, 246, 276 & X96 must be good contenders for any further new vehicles deliveries @ PE

Quote from: Stu on March 27, 2012, 08:38:59 PM

I believe the new buses already introduced at WN and PE are Euro5 compliant. And that total figure includes other operators too.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I would sincerly hope so, these are all my local routes and the buses that serve them are often in a terrible state and are always overcrowded, especially the 246 which preferably could do with some more double deckers and I can't see any reason why some cannot be transferred from the 9, even just 2 or so would help. I also travel on the 9 and even at peak times in the morning they are never full and sometimes can be upto a frequency of almost every 3-4 minutes. Also the 9 gets support from BC Tridents so a few less PE Enviro's in my opinion will do no harm at all.

Oh and on the new buses note I travelled on 1640 today for the first time since re-furbishment and for what I presume PE reckon is there best Merc having spent money on it on a LED and repaint its still in a fairly poor condition making a dreadful screeching noise and with some seats covered in grafitti etc... So that just highlights the condition of some of the 15 year old buses in the fleet
Quote from: winston on March 27, 2012, 09:06:43 PM
Would have thought the 222, 246, 276 & X96 must be good contenders for any further new vehicles deliveries @ PE

Tomjusttom

Winston, that's what I think the Centro document Might be referring to!

I believe it has been suggested / rumoured that the 222 could be due some of the new Midi's later in the year.

Ash

Does WB help out on certain PE routes i know one WB double decker does a turn on the 241, also does this mean the WB buses have PE routes programmed into there displays as they seem quite similar to each other with rear destination showing number and destination.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Ash on March 27, 2012, 11:01:07 PM
Does WB help out on certain PE routes i know one WB double decker does a turn on the 241, also does this mean the WB buses have PE routes programmed into there displays as they seem quite similar to each other with rear destination showing number and destination.

Wb have a board on the 241/140, and I think they have a run on the 9/9s however I'm not sure on that. PE Have a trip on the 256 (board 246/8).

WB also do PE services on Boxing Day

Ash

I never understand why the 238 is operated from PE when WB ran it there were mostly mercs and double deckers used and i know it interworks with the 297 but the since the frequency has been reduced it always seems overcrowded using mostly b6le's so would make sense from WB to operate it using the mercs or using double deckers or another solution run the 404H in weekdays too.

winston

A £2.2 million investment in new buses (split between NXWM & Rotala) unfortunately isn't going to buy that many new buses for the Brierley Hill area, therefore, it looks as though only a couple of the core routes mentioned will benefit from new stock

18 x Enviro 200's @ approx £125k /each
14 x Volvo B7RLE's @ approx £160k / each

Quote from: Tomjusttom on March 27, 2012, 10:39:46 PM
Winston, that's what I think the Centro document Might be referring to!

I believe it has been suggested / rumoured that the 222 could be due some of the new Midi's later in the year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk