News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva September 2015 changes

Started by the trainbasher, July 17, 2015, 03:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

Quote from: Bob on September 17, 2015, 04:15:27 PM
Is it not massively unlawful to operated unregistered unscheduled journeys? Big company or not they should be done for it if they've done it!

It depends on how they were running them, I cant really see Arriva risking its licence over a 2 bus competition.  I would of thought they would of used one of the many possible loop holes in the system. I.e duplicate services

Bob

Quote from: LG on September 17, 2015, 04:32:41 PM
It depends on how they were running them, I cant really see Arriva risking its licence over a 2 bus competition.  I would of thought they would of used one of the many possible loop holes in the system. I.e duplicate services

And on what grounds would they be running duplicates? Certainly not extra patronage

LG

Quote from: Bob on September 17, 2015, 04:58:41 PM
And on what grounds would they be running duplicates? Certainly not extra patronage

There is probably many im not sure it was just an example

Steveminor

You are permitted to run a duplicate as long as it is running with your main service & you can prove the extra capacity is required. You can't as arriva were doing run it earlier than your registered time, run it when your main vehicle is half empty, use it to block bus station stands & you can't run 3 or 4 of them.

Steveminor

The thing with arriva or whoever has been taking the decisions that they've been employing recently is, they think because of their size they are untouchable.  Well if that's the case then that has set a dangerous precedent.  We wouldn't want grs or travel express winning an appeal using this precedent would we.
The idea is to run the cowboys out of this industry not create more of them.

LG

Quote from: Steveminor on September 17, 2015, 08:25:37 PM
You are permitted to run a duplicate as long as it is running with your main service & you can prove the extra capacity is required. You can't as arriva were doing run it earlier than your registered time, run it when your main vehicle is half empty, use it to block bus station stands & you can't run 3 or 4 of them.

Ah I see

LG

Quote from: Steveminor on September 17, 2015, 08:28:56 PM
The thing with arriva or whoever has been taking the decisions that they've been employing recently is, they think because of their size they are untouchable.  Well if that's the case then that has set a dangerous precedent.  We wouldn't want grs or travel express winning an appeal using this precedent would we.
The idea is to run the cowboys out of this industry not create more of them.

I still cant see why they would risk the licences running unregistered services

Steveminor

Maybe they thought they would gain their passengers back & we'd run empty & fold before anyone noticed.
Maybe they thought our cctv cameras were fake & wouldn't be recording their antics.
Maybe they underestimated how hated they are by the staffordshire public. I mean when they were charging £1 a ticket ^ running in front yet we were carrying more charging more & running behind. It tells a story.
If they concentrate on getting things right & not blatantly trying to run everyone else out. Then maybe just maybe if they showed there was room for others to work together, then they could win back the trust & loyalty of the public.
Treat public like they're stupid & they'll treat you the same.
I learned that years ago.

williamposh

Always glad when you share your learnings with us steveminor.

I am sure that somewhere in Thurmaston or Sunderland or even Berlin the great minds of Arriva were holding meetings to discuss whether or not the Social Travel CCTV cameras were fake.

Steveminor

Arriva & great minds don't belong in the same sentence. I believe the decision to run illegal services would probably have been taken at a local level. I'm sure the big bosses wouldn't be happy to know that some jumped up little term was risking their o licence

williamposh

Bob

Could be predicted text. Could mean intern

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk