News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

This is just nonsense about where the new garage is. It might have a Handsworth postcode but Perry Barr doesn't have it's own Postcode, Some parts of Perry Barr are B42 which is a Great Barr postcode, B20 covers some of Perry Barr and Birchfield. One thing is certain and that is the new Perry Barr garage is not in Handsworth !

winston

On the WMT Limited license Perry Barr new address is as follows:

National Express West Midlands, Aston Lane, Birmingham, B20 3BW, GB

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/view-details/licence/117951

B.C Driver

Its defiantly not Handsworth, as Mike says nothing on that side of Birchfield Rd is Handsworth. Its just because its on the cusp of B20 which is mainly Handsworth.

It's borderline Perry Barr / Witton in my eyes.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

the trainbasher

I noticed in my collection of timetables a service 911 (NXWM Perry Barr) which ran from the Fort Shopping Centre to Bromford Lane/Tyburn Road. Does anyone know what it did to turn around at the Tyburn Road end?

Route was circa 2002.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

4801 was being wrapped in the ITVX advert when I paid a visit earlier today
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The Real 4778

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 15, 2023, 04:27:46 PMI noticed in my collection of timetables a service 911 (NXWM Perry Barr) which ran from the Fort Shopping Centre to Bromford Lane/Tyburn Road. Does anyone know what it did to turn around at the Tyburn Road end?

Route was circa 2002.

I seem to recall the odd trio 3125/6/8 loitering around the Fort when I worked at Metro-Cammell (well, Alstom) around this time, presumably on this service.  Looking at the map, I understand the root of your question - there's no natural turning head in the vicinity of the old Navigation pub (probably the China Buffet at the time).
Don't you start.

don

Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 16, 2023, 08:49:37 PMI seem to recall the odd trio 3125/6/8 loitering around the Fort when I worked at Metro-Cammell (well, Alstom) around this time, presumably on this service.  Looking at the map, I understand the root of your question - there's no natural turning head in the vicinity of the old Navigation pub (probably the China Buffet at the time).
Couldn't they use Tyburn Road, right to Wheelwright Road, left to Bromford Lane, left to Tyburn Road? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

The Real 4778

Quote from: don on January 16, 2023, 09:21:24 PMCouldn't they use Tyburn Road, right to Wheelwright Road, left to Bromford Lane, left to Tyburn Road?

I didn't think they came from the Spaghetti Junction end to reach Tyburn/ Bromford.  I assumed the route went up Bromford Lane itself, or Wingfoot Way/ Holly Lane.
Don't you start.

Tony

QuoteI didn't think they came from the Spaghetti Junction end to reach Tyburn/ Bromford.  I assumed the route went up Bromford Lane itself, or Wingfoot Way/ Holly Lane.
Whichever way you approach from you can still use that Triangle

ellspurs

When did they put the Tyburn Road bus lane in? I'm sure you could turn left at the Navigation Inn (now Buffet Island) before the bus lane went in. 

Another alternative (which would cover all the bus stops on Bromford Lane) would've been right off Bromford Lane onto Wood Lane, left at the roundabout to stay on Wood Lane, left onto Tyburn Road and then left back onto Bromford Lane. 

CL

Saw 4780 on the move last night; left BC passing Great Barr Street around 4pm, presumably headed to Walsall for paint
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

QuoteSaw 4780 on the move last night; left BC passing Great Barr Street around 4pm, presumably headed to Walsall for paint
Back to PB for them to put the bits back on they 'borrowed' for the other 3 while it was dead

Steve3229vp

4486 on the 16.20 907 from City, blinds are blank

Saw a PB Omnilink displaying X3 Shenstone at the Fox & Goose this afternoon.

Dead run back to garage from the 28 I think. could possibly have been 7031.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-pb-7031?date=2023-02-05#journeys/379542148
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

4801 is following the 23 route but not in service, so I'm assuming it's doing route learning (looked like there were a few drivers inside). Is it on loan to BC or?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk