News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeeee2018

If you select on the route, the new timetable is there for Aug 30th. It still states on the changes page that "This page will be updated with timetables when they are available. "
EDIT: Only a handful of routes have got the timetables uploaded so far.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on August 17, 2020, 10:47:08 PM
The following is just a guess based on logic, mileage efficiency and personal preference...

3 Warks S P - HS4 Old Fire Station
8/8A Allesley Park - N Pool Meadow and also BS6 Burges
17/17A Fenside - TS2 Trinity St - but not stopping at BS6 Burges
17/17A Hospital - HS2 Hales St - approaching via Quadrant and Corporation St
14/14A/18/18A utilising the same Pool Meadow stands as the routes they'll replace

my fingers are crossed.

Looks like the new timetables have been added now:

https://nxbus.co.uk/routes/coventry/?page=3

Still not sure of the 14/14A route from Eastern Green though, as no route maps are showing. There was mention of NXC teaming up or partnering with the University of Warwick, which would suggest the 14/14A mirrors the 60/61 in the Tile Hill and Canley areas. The every 20-minute daytime frequency for Whoberley & Eastern Green etc seems a bit lightweight to me though.

I'd say your City Centre pick-up points for the above services are about right; the 8/8A is using Pool Meadow in both directions, as is the 17/17A. The 3 isn't, so presumably journeys to Binley/UHCW will drop-off/pick-up outside the Old Fire Station (if the 3 enters the city centre area from the Swanswell St/Pool area).

Adam 404

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 18, 2020, 04:38:48 PM

Still not sure of the 14/14A route from Eastern Green though, as no route maps are showing. There was mention of NXC teaming up or partnering with the University of Warwick, which would suggest the 14/14A mirrors the 60/61 in the Tile Hill and Canley areas. The every 20-minute daytime frequency for Whoberley & Eastern Green etc seems a bit lightweight to me though.

I'd say your City Centre pick-up points for the above services are about right; the 8/8A is using Pool Meadow in both directions, as is the 17/17A. The 3 isn't, so presumably journeys to Binley/UHCW will drop-off/pick-up outside the Old Fire Station (if the 3 enters the city centre area from the Swanswell St/Pool area).
Service 14 will run along Banner Lane to Tile Hill South.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Adam 404 on August 18, 2020, 05:03:49 PM
Service 14 will run along Banner Lane to Tile Hill South.

Does that mean that the 60 will still operate along the roads that it currently does?

Also arrond Eastern Green will the 14 operate along the current 8 route or the current 60 route?

Adam 404

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 18, 2020, 05:10:37 PM
Does that mean that the 60 will still operate along the roads that it currently does?

Also arrond Eastern Green will the 14 operate along the current 8 route or the current 60 route?
Service 8 and 8A in Eastern Green are being replaced by Service 14 & 14A. It will follow the route of service 8 to Hockley Lane.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Adam 404 on August 18, 2020, 05:19:53 PM
Service 8 and 8A in Eastern Green are being replaced by Service 14 & 14A. It will follow the route of service 8 to Hockley Lane.

Thanks for that.

As the 14/A has a time point at Farcroft Ave I assume ti will run the other way around Sutton Ave, Farcroft Ave and Broad Lane from Hockley Lane?

I assume you don't know if the 60 will stll operate to the Uni?

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 18, 2020, 05:24:52 PM
Thanks for that.

As the 14/A has a time point at Farcroft Ave I assume ti will run the other way around Sutton Ave, Farcroft Ave and Broad Lane from Hockley Lane?

I assume you don't know if the 60 will stll operate to the Uni?

I guess the 14/14A could use Hockley Lane, Sutton Avenue, Farcroft Avenue in both directions - but the bottom bit of Hockley Lane/and a small section of Broad Lane wouldn't be served.

Or follow as now, with outbound journeys continuing down Hockley Lane/Broad Lane then over to Banner Lane - with the return inbound leg [after Banner Lane] looping around Broad Lane, Farcroft Ave, Sutton Ave back onto Hockley Lane.

Adam 404

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 18, 2020, 09:59:35 PM
I guess the 14/14A could use Hockley Lane, Sutton Avenue, Farcroft Avenue in both directions - but the bottom bit of Hockley Lane/and a small section of Broad Lane wouldn't be served.
This is the correct route.

bususer28

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 18, 2020, 04:38:48 PM

I agree, 6 buses an hour on Charter Avenue seems like quite a lot but there must be a reason behind it so I hope it works.

paulb1973

Quote from: Adam 404 on August 18, 2020, 10:04:30 PM
This is the correct route.

Further on - I assume the 14/14A will use all of Charter Avenue, then Sir Henry Parkes Road, Kirby Corner Road etc (with an outbound and inbound clockwise loop around Cannon Park shops for the 14). And not use Mitchell Avenue or Westwood Way.

Adam 404

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 18, 2020, 10:59:17 PM
Further on - I assume the 14/14A will use all of Charter Avenue, then Sir Henry Parkes Road, Kirby Corner Road etc (with an outbound and inbound clockwise loop around Cannon Park shops for the 14). And not use Mitchell Avenue or Westwood Way.
Towards University of Warwick buses will use the full length of Charter Avenue, loop Cannon Park (14), then along Kirby Corner Road to University.
Towards Eastern Green & City Centre it will use Mitchell Avenue to join Charter Avenue.

paulb1973

Quote from: Adam 404 on August 18, 2020, 11:08:48 PM
Towards University of Warwick buses will use the full length of Charter Avenue, loop Cannon Park (14), then along Kirby Corner Road to University.
Towards Eastern Green & City Centre it will use Mitchell Avenue to join Charter Avenue.

Suppose once round the Cannon Park loop (14) is enough! Ah, so a slightly quicker way back.

JoNi

I've just returned from a week away to see a 20A in the evening running 10 minutes late driving past the following 20 in Trinity Street that a crowd if passengers have just boarded. Can't prove it because its not on bustimes.org. Obviously the sloppy cultures haven't changed while I've been in Edinburgh where apps physically show where the approaching bus is. Interesting challenge how do you ensure the enhanced bus partnership will deal with poor customer experiences like this.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 19, 2020, 10:07:57 PM
I've just returned from a week away to see a 20A in the evening running 10 minutes late driving past the following 20 in Trinity Street that a crowd if passengers have just boarded. Can't prove it because its not on bustimes.org. Obviously the sloppy cultures haven't changed while I've been in Edinburgh where apps physically show where the approaching bus is. Interesting challenge how do you ensure the enhanced bus partnership will deal with poor customer experiences like this.

What sloppy culture are you referring to? a bus running 10 minutes late? Do you know the reason?

Check your history Lothian have had far more sloppy practise with several million pounds going missing.

JoNi

Quote from: Tony on August 19, 2020, 10:18:02 PM
What sloppy culture are you referring to? a bus running 10 minutes late? Do you know the reason?

Check your history Lothian have had far more sloppy practise with several million pounds going missing.

No I don't know why the bus was 10 minutes late and we both know it could have been for a multitude of reasons, the bottom line it was late during late evening infrequent service.

When I talk about sloppy operating practices I'm talking about customer experience and perception. Friends have commented services have deteriorated/returned to "normal" as lockdown has been eased.
Lothian aren't perfect at the moment with further disruption caused by tram extension works which really is a multi million pound waste of
money.
I nipped by Walthamstow on the way back from  Scotland to take pictures of electric buses on route 212 to enable local leaders to appreciate  the second class  passenger experience Coventrys new electric buses are compared to these and Nottinghams Biogas buses which are all the same model.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk