News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beano2211

4405 appears to have been finished and is at Miller St

windy miller

Is 7539 back in service at coventry please?  thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

JoNi

Another merry go round of route numbers from 30th August see website for details!
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/coventry-timetable-route-changes-from-30th-august-2020

Gareth

Oh lovely. If I'd only had this information 3 days ago!
I turned down a job because commute times from my home in Birmingham would be far too long. I actually would have had a proper second thought about it had I known they would have been better bus links in this revision.

paulb1973

Quote from: Gareth on August 13, 2020, 03:13:54 PM
Oh lovely. If I'd only had this information 3 days ago!
I turned down a job because commute times from my home in Birmingham would be far too long. I actually would have had a proper second thought about it had I known they would have been better bus links in this revision.

Looks like quite an upheaval - but as in most changes, it's just segments of cross-city services that have been broken up and cross-linked over to different areas of the city. It is rare to see completely new roads now being served by a bus - that weren't previously.

The linking of the Arena Park over to Binley/UHCW via Hen Lane, Holbrook Lane, City, Stoke Aldermoor etc as service 3 is a blast from the past - as the old 3/4 broadly speaking provided the same link, granted with a few changes over the years to the route/destination.

The 17/17A is a bit of a nod to history too, as there was previously a 17 Fenside - City - Walsgrave Hospital service (until April 1985) although the same number was used with the 27 as the Rail Station - City - Hospital/Wyken service.

Pity not to have a service '23' I guess - that has been going to Allesley Park since 1959 (albeit with a gap when it was the 2/3/3A).

gc802002

paulb1973

Quote from: gc802002 on August 13, 2020, 04:42:02 PM
Will the 1 remain?

It is still with NXC or has gone over to another operator! Not sure yet, but the 539/580 aren't in the full list of NXC services either.

sandboy20

Hope the service revisions will prompt the replacement of the absurd "via Coventry" on  bus blinds with something more informative and less insulting

ellspurs

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 13, 2020, 04:44:22 PM
It is still with NXC or has gone over to another operator! Not sure yet, but the 539/580 aren't in the full list of NXC services either.

Until all 3 services get the cancellation notice from the place that comes from, I'm sure we are going to see NXC still operate them. Maybe that "full" list of services wasn't listing tendered services for one reason or another.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on August 17, 2020, 04:09:52 PM
Until all 3 services get the cancellation notice from the place that comes from, I'm sure we are going to see NXC still operate them. Maybe that "full" list of services wasn't listing tendered services for one reason or another.

Thry have now added the 1 to the list but it's still missing the 539 and 580 though. I'd have thought the notices would have been submitted at the same time as all the other changes/noticee, so why does it take NX this amount of time to updare the list. I can understand the timetables not being available but not the  whole list of services.

ellspurs

They're still listed on the main site's service list [ https://nxbus.co.uk/routes/coventry/?page=4 ].

Probably more an oversight than anything else, since the timetables weren't changing.

paulb1973

Re. these changes - will the 'new' 8/8A use Pool Meadow bus station - I think it does currently, but the new western arm of this service is now going to Allesley Park. And the 23 to that destination doesn't. Similarly the new combination of Fenside and UHCW [via Stoke Hill] the 17/17A - will that enter Pool Meadow? The current 4 to the Hospital does - but the current 3/3A does not.

JPC

The following is just a guess based on logic, mileage efficiency and personal preference...

3 Warks S P - HS4 Old Fire Station
8/8A Allesley Park - N Pool Meadow and also BS6 Burges
17/17A Fenside - TS2 Trinity St - but not stopping at BS6 Burges
17/17A Hospital - HS2 Hales St - approaching via Quadrant and Corporation St
14/14A/18/18A utilising the same Pool Meadow stands as the routes they'll replace

my fingers are crossed.

bususer28

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 17, 2020, 04:35:48 PM
Thry have now added the 1 to the list but it's still missing the 539 and 580 though. I'd have thought the notices would have been submitted at the same time as all the other changes/noticee, so why does it take NX this amount of time to updare the list. I can understand the timetables not being available but not the  whole list of services.
They've added them now along with the X1.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk