News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on June 09, 2020, 05:04:47 PM
Likewise to what has happened in Wolverhampton there is going to be a number of stop changes in Coventry from 14th June in the hope of assisting social distance measures.

Impressively they are resolving the few groans I have had since the review last year, such as the Fenside bound 3/3A not stopping anywhere near Pool Meadow although they do stop at the start of Trinity Street most of the time on a hush hush unload only basis, it will use a new stop outside the Old Fire Station.
Also resolved is my past moan about the Primark stop which gains 10A to Westwood but loses service 10 (which supposedly combined with 11 to Earlsdon), the 10A obviously combines better with the 11/12X/87 to Warwick Rd and Central Six, 12X/87 to Kenilworth Rd and 87 to Cannon Park shops. The 10 is moving to a new stop on Corporation St to combine with the 4 and 6/6A which also moves here.

From what I've heard though the Wolves changes are short term, They may go back to 'normal' routes in due course. The Cov Changes are also probably the same.

Regards

Bus Man K2

Ben

Amidst the pandemic, there has in fact been a new service registration. The return of service 1 to National Express Coventry.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/549243/ 

Its a shame that National Express Coventry didn't publicise it better.

I thought it odd nobody had posted then I looked again...

Tony

Quote from: Ben on June 10, 2020, 08:13:08 PM
Amidst the pandemic, there has in fact been a new service registration. The return of service 1 to National Express Coventry.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/549243/ 

Its a shame that National Express Coventry didn't publicise it better.

I thought it odd nobody had posted then I looked again...

Why would you publicise it at the moment. Bus still runs as before so essential workers soon know, and there's no need for veg to go out looking for it

RW

Just looking at today's photo of 4890, presumably in Walsall paint shop. The  'non sky blue' part of the livery appears to be a much richer blue than normal. Is it just the lighting conditions at the time the photo was taken? Looks quite good actually.

Tony

Quote from: RW on June 11, 2020, 10:30:15 AM
Just looking at today's photo of 4890, presumably in Walsall paint shop. The  'non sky blue' part of the livery appears to be a much richer blue than normal. Is it just the lighting conditions at the time the photo was taken? Looks quite good actually.

My camera is busy and I am using an old one and had the settings wrong for an indoor photo

D10

RW

Quote from: Tony on June 11, 2020, 11:37:12 AM
My camera is busy and I am using an old one and had the settings wrong for an indoor photo
I'd keep the same settings Tony the 'new' livery looks pretty good!

Ben

Quote from: Tony on June 10, 2020, 08:19:39 PM
Why would you publicise it at the moment. Bus still runs as before so essential workers soon know, and there's no need for veg to go out looking for it
I think the answer lies in aspects of management that aren't quite suitable for a web forum.

windy miller

Anyone know if the coventry based  7539 is back from the cleaners yet?  Thanks!
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on June 16, 2020, 02:36:34 AM
  Anyone know if the coventry based  7539 is back from the cleaners yet?  Thanks!

No

Beano2211

7539 arrived back at Coventry today

ellspurs

Quote from: Beano2211 on June 16, 2020, 11:13:05 AM
7539 arrived back at Coventry today

Yea, this overtook me twice on the motorway as I was heading back from Boston. Once just as I joined the M1 at Junction 21A, and again on the M69 as I overtook it at Junction 21. Tow truck was maintaining 61mph towing it!

The front matrix display was missing.

windy miller

Many thanks to you both  My one remaining hybrid hopefully back on the leamington run soon   Am I right in thinking coventry has no E deliveries yet?  thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Ben

Quote from: windy miller on June 17, 2020, 02:46:12 AM
  Many thanks to you both  My one remaining hybrid hopefully back on the leamington run soon   Am I right in thinking coventry has no E deliveries yet?  thanks

Electric vehicles have been sighted in the vicinity of Fairfax street on driver training.

Tony

4678 has been out on the 6 today. First Gemini out since March

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk