News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filbus1

Quote from: Eric Shaw on November 16, 2016, 03:44:28 PM
6825, 6826 and 6827 on the 957 today. They advertise their attributes but I could not see any route branding.
Waiting for the route numbers to change.

Stu

With less than three weeks to go now, I'd have thought it prudent to have them fully branded for the new routes, to help with awareness.

Especially now the bus stop flags are being updated along the Coventry Road. But why are they being updated with the blue/white flags, rather than the black Platinum ones?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Stu on November 16, 2016, 06:28:44 PM
With less than three weeks to go now, I'd have thought it prudent to have them fully branded for the new routes, to help with awareness.

Especially now the bus stop flags are being updated along the Coventry Road. But why are they being updated with the blue/white flags, rather than the black Platinum ones?

I've also noticed around the X61 terminus area that the flags there also updated to show X61 but they're also blue as opposed to black.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Bus stops also being updated on the Bristol Road, again with the normal Blue ones instead of black.

Gareth

Quote from: Eric Shaw on November 16, 2016, 03:44:28 PM
6825, 6826 and 6827 on the 957 today. They advertise their attributes but I could not see any route branding.

The ones in service so far are generic platinum branded, not route branded examples.

Dom

@MasterPlan Birmingham Central run a few journeys on the 9 in the morning peak.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Dom on November 17, 2016, 07:05:43 AM
@MasterPlan Birmingham Central run a few journeys on the 9 in the morning peak.

Ah I see, fair enough :)
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Re: the blue/white flags, I have had the following response from Network West Midlands:

"After driver feedback we have decided to change them back to the normal flags which are more recognisable for them. They also fit with the shelters / stops better and provide a more consistent look across the network."

::)
My locals:

Dom

Quote from: Stu on November 17, 2016, 07:43:22 AM
Re: the blue/white flags, I have had the following response from Network West Midlands:

"After driver feedback we have decided to change them back to the normal flags which are more recognisable for them. They also fit with the shelters / stops better and provide a more consistent look across the network."

So all the money spent on changing the 126 and 529 stops appears to be wasted, if my interpretation is correct, that they will change the flags again to ' fit in '

Gareth

Quote from: Stu on November 17, 2016, 07:43:22 AM

If a driver cannot recognise a bus stop in the location where there always has been a bus stop, maybe they shouldn't be driving buses. Personally I do prefer the white on blue stops. Are they really that hard to see?

MW

Quote from: Gareth on November 17, 2016, 03:11:27 PM
If a driver cannot recognise a bus stop in the location where there always has been a bus stop, maybe they shouldn't be driving buses. Personally I do prefer the white on blue stops. Are they really that hard to see?

Yeah they are. Try looking at them in the night

Dom

Quote from: MW on November 17, 2016, 03:41:31 PM
Yeah they are. Try looking at them in the night

Give them a coat of glow in the dark paint @karl724223

karl724223

Quote from: Dom on November 17, 2016, 04:19:34 PM
Give them a coat of glow in the dark paint @karl724223
hi viz yellow or orange problem solved
Or eat your carrots good for your eyesight you never see a rabbit wearing glasses  dun ya

Gareth

Maybe they'll paint the platinums blue when the passengers can't see them at night.

Stu

Had a ride home on 6827 on the 957 this evening. Apart from that overpowering 'new bus' smell, and the USB points under the seats, nothing really fundamentally different with them, so I can't get excited about them.

The stop/start experience for me was the same as when I used to get 2203 and 2204 on the 37, still feels like the bus has stalled when it judders to a halt.

Could do with sorting out the tracking system and the audio/visual announcements, neither of which were working. (With reliability up the spout at present, you can't rely on either the 900 or 957 to be running on time, RTI info is invaluable!) The screens were just showing CCTV imagery, while the upstairs LED display was just scrolling "Hanover Displays". Feels like they're being rushed into service to be honest.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk