News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

Just seen 5516 in West Bromwich. 

Mike K

Wba_lad

Wba_lad

7523, seen in West Bromwich earlier. 

BBS

Quote7523, seen in West Bromwich earlier.
So why did you post it in the BC thread then
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Mike K

Quote from: BBS on March 06, 2024, 10:51:01 PMSo why did you post it in the BC thread then
It's a BC bus, having its MOT at WB.

Tony

4908 is out on the Coventry Road services. The KFC advert has been removed so the front & sides are back to red & white, but the back is now grey.

The front & sides will go grey tomorrow.

frostjay974

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2024, 03:15:53 PM4908 is out on the Coventry Road services. The KFC advert has been removed so the front & sides are back to red & white, but the back is now grey.

The front & sides will go grey tomorrow.
Vinyl or repaint?

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

JosephR

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 12, 2024, 08:26:48 PMvinyl
I really don't see the point in vehicles being repainted anyway. This seems like a better way forward. Vinyls can simply be removed and replaced when a new design comes out.

I wonder if advert frames frames will be left off?

Tony

Quote from: JosephR on March 12, 2024, 09:06:09 PMI really don't see the point in vehicles being repainted anyway. This seems like a better way forward. Vinyls can simply be removed and replaced when a new design comes out.

I wonder if advert frames frames will be left off?
Definitely not the way forward, have a look at any advert wrap and you will see it peeling or bits missing after a few months. Quality painting will last for 7-8 years. Both cost around the same 

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2024, 09:12:28 PMDefinitely not the way forward, have a look at any advert wrap and you will see it peeling or bits missing after a few months. Quality painting will last for 7-8 years. Both cost around the same
4946 still carriers the red advert, although with  reference to KFC removed from it.
Will these be next in for repaint? If so I look forward to seeing 4946 in the new livery.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

frostjay974

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2024, 09:12:28 PMDefinitely not the way forward, have a look at any advert wrap and you will see it peeling or bits missing after a few months. Quality painting will last for 7-8 years. Both cost around the same
By that logic, wouldn't the sensible decision be to just repaint the bus instead of frequently applying a new vinyl to it every few months especially for buses like 4801 which I imagine that the only reason it gets vinyls is because most of the paint has been stripped off it. It would save money given that they cost around the same and repaints last way longer

Wba_lad

I seen 1837 was parked in Birmingham central

Stu

Quote from: frostjay974 on March 13, 2024, 08:14:49 PMBy that logic, wouldn't the sensible decision be to just repaint the bus instead of frequently applying a new vinyl to it every few months especially for buses such as 4801 which I imagine that the only reason it gets vinyls applied to it is because most of the paint has been stripped away from it. It would save money given that they cost around the same and repaints last way longer
Advertisers pay good money for all-over wraps.

If they can be applied to vehicles due for a repaint, then that covers the subsequent cost of the respray.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk