News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

bus registrations

Started by arrifirststage, June 22, 2013, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

Does anyone know why,or even if,new registrations now seem to be exclusively BX,having previously used a variety of B combinations.
Also,in the "Birmingham" series why have I never seen any cars registered BE,BH,BO,BR,BS or BY.
There may,of course ,be a simple explanation.

nitromatt1

Quote from: arrifirststage on June 22, 2013, 01:04:30 PM
Does anyone know why,or even if,new registrations now seem to be exclusively BX,having previously used a variety of B combinations.
Also,in the "Birmingham" series why have I never seen any cars registered BE,BH,BO,BR,BS or BY.

Well BE can be combined with 11 to make BELL lol

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 22, 2013, 04:22:37 PM

Yes and the last thing we want is to have BE11 END driving round Birmingham.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 22, 2013, 05:55:20 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 22, 2013, 04:22:37 PM

Yes and the last thing we want is to have BE11 END driving round Birmingham.

Why not, there are enough of them - & not exclusive to Birmingham either!

Ash

I have always wondered this how come 1515-1559 are R reg 1560-1594 are S reg but then 1595-1606 are R reg again. I have always wondered why this happened I guess due to late or early deliveries.

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 12:09:34 AM
I have always wondered this how come 1515-1559 are R reg 1560-1594 are S reg but then 1595-1606 are R reg again. I have always wondered why this happened I guess due to late or early deliveries.

Ash, I can't remember for sure, but it may just have simply been down to how they came off the production line

arrifirststage

re the original question in this thread...............................I assume from the rather flippant replies that no member has any idea of the answer...still rather strange though.

BU07 LGO

public service vehicles generally seem to take BX number plates with Police and bins lorries, buses etc usually with them.

I think it is up to the dealer to register them as they want as my mates dad works at tamworth audi and says they register all their cars as BK

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2013, 11:13:41 AM
public service vehicles generally seem to take BX number plates with Police and bins lorries, buses etc usually with them.

This. (X is for the 'specials')

B is the area (Birmingham)

X is the DVLA registration office code.

13 - Year of manufacture

Last 3 letters are random (Unless in a fleet when they follow a pattern.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Almost Stagecoach buses registrations in Cumbria have the registration PX, with some (Tridents) having MX. However, I also noticed that there were just as many cars with PX registrations. Literally every other car I saw around West Cumbria had PX or PY registrations.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
Almost Stagecoach buses registrations in Cumbria have the registration PX, with some (Tridents) having MX. However, I also noticed that there were just as many cars with PX registrations. Literally every other car I saw around West Cumbria had PX or PY registrations.

Yeah in Birmingham X is the 'special' code which is used by dvla office. Other areas I don't know. Although the second letter is meant for various areas. So you're probably correct in your comment, Matt.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: The Rat on June 24, 2013, 02:08:53 PM

Yeah in Birmingham X is the 'special' code which is used by dvla office. Other areas I don't know. Although the second letter is meant for various areas. So you're probably correct in your comment, Matt.

My current car is BX and my wife's previous car was BX. Does that make us 'special'?

BU07 LGO

MX are ex- Manchester buses, I know tamworth and Staffordshire police use VX. It's usually a good way to spot an unmarked Police car

nitromatt1

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

It's usually a good way to spot an unmarked Police car

And you would know that because...? ;)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

It's usually a good way to spot an unmarked Police car

And you would know that because...? ;)

You see a lot when your a young driver in a lowered car! Also the extra aerials are another sign ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk