News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

4 services

Started by PM, June 12, 2013, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 06:24:27 PM
Playing loud music, chav central, then you got the mothers with kids she can't control. It's like a zoo
@Trident 4194 is quite correct I have never been either physically or verbally abused on a Diamond Bus 4H compered with the patronage you have to endure on some of NXWM journeys on the 4H

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 16, 2020, 07:03:24 PM
@Trident 4194 is quite correct I have never been either physically or verbally abused on a Diamond Bus 4H compered with the patronage you have to endure on some of NXWM journeys on the 4H
I understand that some buses carry some undesirable passengers - drug addicts, fare dodgers, etc.

But I would of thought that unless you are intentionally getting into arguments with people your chances as a passenger of being physically or verbally abused are quite slim.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2206 on July 16, 2020, 07:06:19 PM
I understand that some buses carry some undesirable passengers - drug addicts, fare dodgers, etc.

But I would of thought that unless you are intentionally getting into arguments with people your chances as a passenger of being physically or verbally abused are quite slim.
I've certainly never had any physical or verbal abuse on the 11, 55, or 94.

You obviously never travel on a NXWM 4H @2206 I ask you in all my time on the forum how could you ever suggest I am intentionally getting into arguments with others..........

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 06:40:36 PM
Both companies timetable their services to take 64 minutes from Walsall to Hayley Green at the moment.

The breakdown of the timetables is
Walsall - West Bromwich NXWM 25min + 3 min in West Bromwhich; Diamond 25min + 2 min in West Bromwich
West Bromwich - Halesowen NXWM 29min; Diamond 28 min
Halesowen-Hayley Green NXWM 7 min; Diamond 9min

Today only one NXWM bus (4365 at 13:41 at Hayley Green 8 minutes late) was outside the guidance of no more than 1 min early, 5 min late and even that bus arrived back in Walsall only 1 minute late.

So I would imagine there was absolutely no difference in speed between the two companys

Can we look at pre lockdown timetables please.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 07:21:36 PM
Can we look at pre lockdown timetables please.

No, because they are no longer on line to check, but you said exactly the same thing before, and when checked the timetables were the same again. As Mr Jones has stated the only reason Diamond seem quicker is picking less passengers up between some points the will arrive Blackheath and Oldbury early and wait time, but if you are passing through those places it is of no advantage whatsoever

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 16, 2020, 07:09:45 PM
You obviously never travel on a NXWM 4H @2206 I ask you in all my time on the forum how could you ever suggest I am intentionally getting into arguments with others..........
No I didin't mean that you were, what I meant was in my own experience and I don't use the 4H, but on the 14, 55, 94, 11, etc, the chances of that happening seem slim and I generally find bus travel fairly safe.

I can think of a few things personally such as a few years back when a man came running down the stairs of the top deck saying some youth had been threatening him with a knife, but from what i've found its quite rare on the services I use.. 

I thinks its very shocking that this is happening regularly on the 4H to be honest.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2206 on July 16, 2020, 07:26:13 PM
No I didin't mean that you were, what I meant was from what I've seen and I don't use the 4H, but on the 14, 55, 94, 11, etc, that chances of that happening seem slim and I generally find bus travel fairly safe. And in recent years I can't say i've witnessed this regularly.

I can think of a few things personally such as a few years back when a man came running down the stairs of the top deck saying some youth had been threatening him, but from what i've found its quite rare on the services I use.. 

I find it quite shocking that this is happening regularly on the 4H to be honest.
To be fair until earlier this year I used the 55 & 94 regularly to Boultbee Business Units in Nechells for over a decade the same with the 8A/C & 11A/C and never had a problem at all @2206 .

Busboy105

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 06:24:27 PM
Playing loud music, chav central, then you got the mothers with kids she can't control. It's like a zoo
That argument isn't specific to just the 4 services. You get that with almost every bus service.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 07:25:02 PM
No, because they are no longer on line to check, but you said exactly the same thing before, and when checked the timetables were the same again. As Mr Jones has stated the only reason Diamond seem quicker is picking less passengers up between some points the will arrive Blackheath and Oldbury early and wait time, but if you are passing through those places it is of no advantage whatsoever

Ok pre lockdown timetable for diamond was..
Walsall- West Brom 25 minutes + 3 min wait at West Brom. They would often arrive from Walsall to West Brom in 23 minutes.
Then it was 10 minutes between West Brom and Oldbury. Very reasonable often waited a few minutes again here it departed West Brom on time.
Oldbury- blackheath 12 minutes. Pretty good catering in the traffic all the way up to blackheath.
13 minutes blackheath- Halesowen - would often do in 7-8 minutes leaving time for drivers to have a cigarette in Halesowen.
Halesowen- Hayley green 8 minutes- quite tight tbf.

And nx seemed to always arrive late at blackheath, late into Halesowen and late into Hayley green pre lockdown

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 08:30:00 PM
Pretty good catering in the traffic all the way up to blackheath.

I didn't realise Diamond were operating burger vans

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 16, 2020, 08:13:34 PM
That argument isn't specific to just the 4 services. You get that with almost every bus service.
From my own personal experience before March using The West Midlands Bus Network daily on NXWM & Diamond Bus I only ever experienced unsocial behaviour on the NXWM 4H & a Platinum service which perhaps is better forgotten now.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2020, 08:32:55 PM
I didn't realise Diamond were operating burger vans
Do they not work in conjunction with Deliveroo or am I mixing them up with someone else perhaps I am mistaken about what I see on the 4H again with Diamond Buses delivery service not sure about Vegans @Tony mind you like Vince Pinner I too have never missed an episode of Star Trek!

Busboy105

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 16, 2020, 08:33:25 PM
From my own personal experience before March using The West Midlands Bus Network daily on NXWM & Diamond Bus I only ever experienced unsocial behaviour on the NXWM 4H & a Platinum service which perhaps is better forgotten now.
Have you been all over Birmingham and the West Midlands? I doubt it based on your comments. You remind a lot of that Richard Jones dude. Could even be him just under a different alias.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 16, 2020, 09:23:19 PM
Have you been all over Birmingham and the West Midlands? I doubt it based on your comments. You remind a lot of that Richard Jones dude. Could even be him just under a different alias.
I doubt thats a compliment @Busboy105 but thats best laid to rest in another life however before March aside from the hard working employees of the bus companies I doubt anyone else on this forum came close to me in clocking up actual mileage on The West Midlands Bus Network daily & due to somewhat unfortunate circumstances for what were not just essential journeys but life saving journeys I continued to use The West Midlands Bus Network throughout the Covid-19 lockdown I am not sure what proof you would require but the one thing I can assure you of I never intentionally posted anything other that what I believe to be the truth on this brilliant forum & am always happy to be corrected when I am wrong.

Busboy105

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 16, 2020, 09:42:58 PM
I doubt thats a compliment @Busboy105 but thats best laid to rest in another life however before March aside from the hard working employees of the bus companies I doubt anyone else on this forum came close to me in clocking up actual mileage on The West Midlands Bus Network daily & due to somewhat unfortunate circumstances for what were not just essential journeys but life saving journeys I continued to use The West Midlands Bus Network throughout the Covid-19 lockdown I am not sure what proof you would require but the one thing I can assure you of I never intentionally posted anything other that what I believe to be the truth on this brilliant forum & am always happy to be corrected when I am wrong.
Ok. All I'm saying is that the 4 services aren't the only services to have anti-social problems. There's plenty of services that have this issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk