News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: frostjay974 on February 10, 2024, 03:07:41 PMIs Yardley Wood garage the only one that is owned by NX? as all the rest are rented out apparently
Isn't the new Perry Barr site owned by NX?

cardew

Quote from: frostjay974 on February 10, 2024, 03:07:41 PMIs Yardley Wood garage the only one that is owned by NX? as all the rest are rented out apparently

YW and WB were sold and leased back in 2018. YW has since been sold on at a profit to another company.

https://www.atlasre.co.uk/sales/west-midlands-travel-ltd-sale-leasebacks-west-bromwich-yardley-wood/

mesub

Z4007 appears to have done a run of the 11A with Mr. Fitchew providing a running commentary of the history of the bus route.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: cardew on February 11, 2024, 07:19:02 AMYW and WB were sold and leased back in 2018. YW has since been sold on at a profit to another company.

https://www.atlasre.co.uk/sales/west-midlands-travel-ltd-sale-leasebacks-west-bromwich-yardley-wood/

is there a thread or post etc on NXWM assets  buses buildings anything else relavant,  who owns/leases  what etc

Ronnoc

Saw 4567 in town about 20 mins ago with some NX staff inside, wonder what it was doing.

Ronnoc

1921 on the 2 to Birmingham deviated from its main route, turning right to Chinn Brook Road before turning left on to Trittiford Road before returning to YW road. Is there a reason why it did that?

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 08, 2024, 12:29:50 PM1921 on the 2 to Birmingham deviated from its main route, turning right to Chinn Brook Road before turning left on to Trittiford Road before returning to YW road. Is there a reason why it did that?
Yes, Yardley Wood Road has been closed all morning.

Drivers don't do diversions like that without a reason

Ronnoc

Thanks for the clarification. The reason why I was wondering was because I walked towards the Billesley Common bus stop only to find the road closure had disappeared alongside a 17XX Omnilink passing by on the 2 to Maypole on normal route. I got some extra steps in at the very least.

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 08, 2024, 02:26:11 PMThanks for the clarification. The reason why I was wondering was because I walked towards the Billesley Common bus stop only to find the road closure had disappeared alongside a 17XX Omnilink passing by on the 2 to Maypole on normal route. I got some extra steps in at the very least.
It was shut from 09:02 until 10:05 due to a serious RTC between two cars

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 08, 2024, 04:12:23 PMIt was shut from 09:02 until 10:05 due to a serious RTC between two cars
There was also a smash on Stoney Lane, just after 8:30am, which meant the 2 and 3 had to be diverted.

All I saw was some car speeding incredibly fast in the other direction, then we all heard a loud smash behind us. Looking back out the window, just saw a black car with the front end badly crumpled on the corner of Ivor Road, couldn't see the other one that had been speeding.

Front and rear CCTV cameras on 1948 would have caught everything.

There were two near-misses I counted yesterday evening. Far too many maniacs driving dangerously on our roads.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 08, 2024, 12:29:50 PM1921 on the 2 to Birmingham deviated from its main route, turning right to Chinn Brook Road before turning left on to Trittiford Road before returning to YW road. Is there a reason why it did that?
Scheduled diversion:

https://x.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1765980820659904572?s=20
My locals:

Stu

I had cause to make a complaint to NXWM the other morning after being unable to get on the 3 due to it being full, because the previous journey had failed to operate.

As part of the response I received today, the following gave me a glimmer of hope.

QuoteThe garage has also said that they are in the process of changing some single deckers around and having more double deckers brought in. Hopefully you will see some improvements in the near future.
My locals:

Jack

@OH25, Tridents aren't noteworthy on the 50. They do appear quite often.

tufwum

TGZac

Does anyone know why E004, E017 and E018 were swapped with some of the Zenobe spares?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk