News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 10, 2018, 03:15:51 PM
Does anyone here from NX know if the '50% off fares when presenting a valid National Express West Midlands travel card, daysaver or mTicket.' offer would be valid if I have a student term Network pass?

No it wouldn't. Simply because you've brought a NWM pass not a National Express pass.

DJ

Quote from: Dom on October 10, 2018, 03:23:11 PM
No it wouldn't. Simply because you've brought a NWM pass not a National Express pass.

That's a bit daft then when it covers you for NX buses just the same as one of their passes.  ::)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 10, 2018, 04:22:05 PM
That's a bit daft then when it covers you for NX buses just the same as one of their passes.  ::)

Not at all. Different issuing companies.

Gareth

Quote from: Dom on October 10, 2018, 04:27:03 PM
Not at all. Different issuing companies.

Talking of different issuing companies, West Midlands Travel card systems were responsible for Centrocard, Busmaster and Nbus. Has this now changed with the current range by Swift and Network WM?

Quote from: Gareth on October 10, 2018, 06:50:25 PM
Talking of different issuing companies, West Midlands Travel card systems were responsible for Centrocard, Busmaster and Nbus. Has this now changed with the current range by Swift and Network WM?
NX Travelcards are issued by NX Bus (a lot of there travelcards are certainly on Swift cards these days - not sure which ones specifically, it may be that they all are on Swift now?).
N Bus/Network Travelcards are issued by NWM (A lot of theres are on swift as well) - when I used to have one mine was certainly issued by NWM.
Its been this way for as long I can remember personally, at least the last 10 - 12 years.

Though it looks like you may be able to purchase them of NX aswell, potentially -
https://nxbus.co.uk/travelcards/results/west-midlands/nbus
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

How nice an birthday open day in November will they have there new buses by then?

Stu

@Tony is there any reason why the 3 journey towards Birmingham timetabled to arrive at Trittiford Road (Hullbrook Road) at 8:06am this morning failed to run? It wasn't tracking on the NX Bus app, and I was at the stop from 8:03am.

I must add at this point that I think it was last week that this particular journey only turned up once that week, so while I would forgive a one-off "no-show", I am concerned that this may become a regular occurence?

@Stu I believe Tony is currently helping out at Xplore Dundee driving buses covering for driver shortages, therefore, is unlikely to be in a position to check at the moment, Winston
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 12, 2018, 07:58:39 PM
@Tony is there any reason why the 3 journey towards Birmingham timetabled to arrive at Trittiford Road (Hullbrook Road) at 8:06am this morning failed to run? It wasn't tracking on the NX Bus app, and I was at the stop from 8:03am.

I must add at this point that I think it was last week that this particular journey only turned up once that week, so while I would forgive a one-off "no-show", I am concerned that this may become a regular occurence?

@Stu I believe Tony is currently helping out at Xplore Dundee driving buses covering for driver shortages, therefore, is unlikely to be in a position to check at the moment, Winston

Winston is correct, I am having a few days playing at being a bus driver on the 22 from Cairgowl to Ninewells which I am quite enjoying, but have no access to many systems

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 12, 2018, 08:12:51 PM
Winston is correct, I am having a few days playing at being a bus driver on the 22 from Cairgowl to Ninewells which I am quite enjoying, but have no access to many systems

No problem Tony, I'm going to report this to NX West Midlands anyway, I was just wondering if you might have had any insight in the meantime. ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

V89MOA

Quote from: Stu on October 12, 2018, 08:28:17 PM
No problem Tony, I'm going to report this to NX West Midlands anyway, I was just wondering if you might have had any insight in the meantime. ;)
2208 was on the 3 on loan today, this is guesswork but they probably didn't have any buses fit this morning hence the missing early trip (2234 allocated on there too). 2221 was also on the 6 today, I think they are struggling in general with the unreliable ex Wolves tat, definitely noticed a lot of odd workings and route brandeds straying since the big swap. They've had at least four different vehicles on loan this week too.

winston

Quote from: V89MOA on October 12, 2018, 11:54:26 PM
2208 was on the 3 on loan today, this is guesswork but they probably didn't have any buses fit this morning hence the missing early trip (2234 allocated on there too). 2221 was also on the 6 today, I think they are struggling in general with the unreliable ex Wolves tat, definitely noticed a lot of odd workings and route brandeds straying since the big swap. They've had at least four different vehicles on loan this week too.

Or a number of the unreliable ex Wolves tat could be away receiving Euro 6 exhaust upgrades

V89MOA

Quote from: Winston on October 13, 2018, 12:32:10 AM
Or a number of the unreliable ex Wolves tat could be away receiving Euro 6 exhaust upgrades
I believe they were all done pre transfer at Park Lane. A couple stayed in service there after being done, for a short while, 4553 and 4592 iirc.

BN

Quote from: V89MOA on October 12, 2018, 11:54:26 PM
Unreliable ex Wolves tat?

mranon

Quote from: BN on October 13, 2018, 03:21:19 PM
Unreliable ex Wolves tat?

isn't it the other way around as in what wn lost gained in exchange BN?

MasterPlan

Saw a 27 saying Harborne, On Diversion. In the same style as the short journey blinds, barely readable.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk