News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

AM/PM

Started by Nathan4775, April 25, 2012, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

No they're sacks of s@$t

countryliner

@Steveminor - That is a shame. I assume then that your low floor Darts were probably much more reliable. I often find that some older buses can be much more reliable than some more modern buses.

Steveminor

Yes we're finding that at sunny travel now the elderly darts that have now gone for scrap were much more reliable than the newer buses.

countryliner

@Steveminor - Yes i have definetly found that with a lot of buses that i have driven with different operators that i have worked for. For example some older mk1 and mk2 Dart SLF buses can be a lot more reliable than newer buses such as Enviro 200 and Plaxton Primo and MAN 14.220 MCV Evolution buses.

Kevin

Quote from: Steveminor on February 07, 2016, 03:03:07 AM
Yes we're finding that at sunny travel now the elderly darts that have now gone for scrap were much more reliable than the newer buses.

I sense trolling  :D
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

countryliner

@Kevin - I am not trolling at all. I was just asking questions.

Kevin

Quote from: countryliner on February 08, 2016, 04:09:11 PM
@Kevin - I am not trolling at all. I was just asking questions.

I wasn't suggesting it was you doing the trolling

Steveminor

Are you suggesting I am @Kevin as I'm just stating things from my personal experience.

Kevin

Quote from: Steveminor on February 08, 2016, 06:57:26 PM
Are you suggesting I am @Kevin as I'm just stating things from my personal experience.

Fair enough, genuinely thought you were taking the piss. My bad

the trainbasher

Quote from: Steveminor on February 06, 2016, 08:24:52 AM
No bus at ampm was assigned a set route. I kept allocating them to the 900 during their short stay but could have gone on any route. One was even allocated on the 40 from time to time.

Ironically one was on the 40 the same day as the last day as the metrobus at AG

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Steveminor on February 06, 2016, 08:24:52 AM
No bus at ampm was assigned a set route. I kept allocating them to the 900 during their short stay but could have gone on any route. One was even allocated on the 40 from time to time.

Oh, so you were responsible Steve, for taking those brilliant Olympians off the 900 and replacing them with those dreadful single deckers that seemed to have more luggage rack than seats!! I used to love my runs out to the Airport and back on those great buses.

Steveminor

Well the dockers were doing a lot of private hire work so it was either them or the darts at the time & I didn't feel the darts were quite upto the job

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk