News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry bus Changes on the 9 June

Started by 6013, May 14, 2013, 10:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Service 2 will no longer serve Allesley Park and will now be served by former 23.
Service 3 will revised route and around Fenside. New frequency is Every 20min from 30min. Inter-works with Service 2 to full serve Fenside loop with up to Every 10min.
Service 4 will minor timing changes to improve punctuality and maybe changes frequency from Every 15min to Every 12min.
Service 5  will minor timing changes to improve punctuality. An early am journey extended from Lythalls Lane to Arena Park
Service 7 will improve reliability with peak times during Middlemarch Business Park.
Service 8/8A/9/9A will improve reliability on Mon-Fri evening, Saturday evening and Sunday.
Service 10 will improve reliability and will extra buses operate on this. Could be changes frequency from Every 15min to Every 12min. Soon receive a new 10 ADL.
Service 11/12 will some time changes to up 5min on timetable in morning.
Service 13 will improve reliability.
Service 16/16A will extend to serve Warwickshire shopping park and upgrade the Double Decker. When the 10 route receive a new ADL then 16/16A will operate on Double Decker.
Service 23 will back on service and normal route. Frequency will be Every 15min on Mon-Sat Daytime.
Service 27 will new link to Toll Bar End replacing the 3A.

Need:-

- 20/20A/20E need improve reliability on evening, Saturday and Sunday make extra buses turn on time.

I'm dislike double decker! I love a bendy buses!

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

6004 T604 MOA .... 6005 T605 MOA ... 6008 T608 MOA .... 6013 BJ03 ESN ....

Solo1

I take it that the new deckers & the rest of the new singles will
be here in time for the June changes

Ash

The coventry review was only last year and aftrr around 12 months there is a mass change in the services showing that a few were not as successful and reliable as tgey first thought they would be

Quote from: Ash on May 14, 2013, 01:36:24 PM
The coventry review was only last year and aftrr around 12 months there is a mass change in the services showing that a few were not as successful and reliable as tgey first thought they would be
Yes true! Most people complaint about need return on the 1,19,19W,32,33 and 34. Bendibuses still running on the 4 look always empty that waste a fuel, road tax and maintenance! Bendibuses need going on the 12 route and remain two spare go on the 21.

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

paulb1973

Quote from: 6013 on May 14, 2013, 10:20:39 AM

Service 2 will no longer serve Allesley Park and will now be served by former 23.
Service 3 will revised route and around Fenside. New frequency is Every 20min from 30min. Inter-works with Service 2 to full serve Fenside loop with up to Every 10min.
Service 4 will minor timing changes to improve punctuality and maybe changes frequency from Every 15min to Every 12min.
Service 5  will minor timing changes to improve punctuality. An early am journey extended from Lythalls Lane to Arena Park
Service 7 will improve reliability with peak times during Middlemarch Business Park.
Service 8/8A/9/9A will improve reliability on Mon-Fri evening, Saturday evening and Sunday.
Service 10 will improve reliability and will extra buses operate on this. Could be changes frequency from Every 15min to Every 12min. Soon receive a new 10 ADL.
Service 11/12 will some time changes to up 5min on timetable in morning.
Service 13 will improve reliability.
Service 16/16A will extend to serve Warwickshire shopping park and upgrade the Double Decker. When the 10 route receive a new ADL then 16/16A will operate on Double Decker.
Service 23 will back on service and normal route. Frequency will be Every 15min on Mon-Sat Daytime.
Service 27 will new link to Toll Bar End replacing the 3A.

Need:-

- 20/20A/20E need improve reliability on evening, Saturday and Sunday make extra buses turn on time.

Those are just the NX Coventry changes of-course - changes take place at the same time with other local operators. The peak extension journey's to the Middlemarch Business Park are to be numbered 27A (an off-shoot of the new 27 City - Whitley - Willenhall - Toll Bar End which will cut-out the Cheylesmore area. The number 7 will no longer cross the city centre). I think the 16/16A is already traversing the Warwickshire Shopping Park [such a boring name for a shopping centre!]

Valandil

There do seem to be some anomalies in the full list of changes:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/09June2013.aspx

For instance 27a is recorded as 33, 3a is recorded as operating from Binley to Eastern Green and 4 is recorded as operating just between Binley and Arena Tesco (there are others).

I also really don't like how the numbers will appear random again.

JPC

Service 4 is part of the sixteen NX buses per hour for Ball Hill so is unlikely to change frequency.
Service 2 and 3 will have balanced round trips and relevant frequencies all around I guess, the 3 spur maybe didn't need to increase but had to in order to create balanced clock face departures, a few more bits of route are given the chop.
The hourly service 27 is a kick in the teeth for those reliant on the 3A, making it similar to former service A1, a backwards step, but I suppose it is Centro's decision/thriftiness.

Valandil

To be honest, I'm surprised that there will still be an NXC and the 41 service operating to that part of Coventry.

21 Enviro400 branded could no more on 7 with peak time due to new route on 27A! 21 Branded E400 could be going on 27A with peak time but wait see what happen on 10th June am and pm.

Valandil

I think it's a fair bet they'll still be on there, but yeah we can't be 100% sure I suppose!

Valandil

There's a clue to allocations on NXC's Facebook page:
"The 27 will run at school times and with an extra journey at these times and these will be operated with larger buses." (NXC)

Yeah! It would be Every 60min in Mon-Sat Daytime. 27 could be operate on Single Decker and 27A will be operate on Double Decker with peak times only.

JPC

The new 27 could be interworking with the existing journeys on the 42 timetable, paving the way for an eventual merge of both routes in September perhaps. ?!  ::)

windy miller

I know very little about Coventry bus services. I would like to visit the Maudslay hotel on the Allesley old road on a weekday evening but I was told I needed to catch a 10 or a 23a :-\ Bus...
(No idea where from)...But when I checked these No's the 23 appeared to be a school bus and the 10 only runs every 30 mins in the evenings.  can I get there from the rail station?  either direct or via pool meadow?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

2&3's will changes route - Knoll Drive, Postbridge Road and Dawlish Road will no longer be served but nearby Baginton Road and The Chesils will have a more frequent service on both sides of the road.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk