News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 16, 2024, 10:45:04 AM823 is stuck behind the crash the 79 is diverting down Holyhead Road no idea how the 40's are going to divert which way was it going
I know which way they would probably go but hard to explain 

mesub

Genners Lane was closed during the day, which led to some interesting diversions!

X21, 18 and 002 went down Jiggins Lane, through California and then up Barnes Hill.

23 terminated on the Field Lane / Scotland Lane Roundabout

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

PB50

Apparently the 41 service from Walsall to Willenhall is on diversion from 25th March due to Coppice Lane and Lucknow Rd being closed for 40 days. Diversion will be along Wesley Road, Straight Road,High Road,Sandbeds Road, Ashmore Lake Way and Ashmore Lake Road in both directions so I reckon delays possibly.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

529 back on Bentley Diversion between 7PM and 5AM until Friday 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

ellspurs

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 20, 2024, 10:30:25 AM529 back on Bentley Diversion between 7PM and 5AM until Friday
I went through there (on the m6) this morning and all of the roadworks on the m6 have been removed. I looked on the Highways England site and it gives the ETA as Spring 2024. Is the end in sight?

Rachvince53

Quote from: ellspurs on March 20, 2024, 03:46:23 PMI went through there (on the m6) this morning and all of the roadworks on the m6 have been removed. I looked on the Highways England site and it gives the ETA as Spring 2024. Is the end in sight?
According to one.network, further work will take place  April 2-6 (eastern side by holiday inn) . 

Steve3229vp

In April until June Diamond is diverting the 16A out of City via Carrs Lane due to Metro work. So all other buses will presumably follow the same diversion, That's lot of buses using Carrs Lane !

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 20, 2024, 04:20:30 PMIn April until June Diamond is diverting the 16A out of City via Carrs Lane due to Metro work. So all other buses will presumably follow the same diversion, That's lot of buses using Carrs Lane !
Where else do you expect them to go? 

Mike K

Quote from: Jack on March 20, 2024, 04:53:47 PMWhere else do you expect them to go?
Unnecessarily confrontational response once again. He hasn't said that they shouldn't use that route, just an observation that the Carrs Lane route, which can be a bottle neck, will see a lot of traffic. 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Mike K on March 20, 2024, 05:12:39 PMUnnecessarily confrontational response once again. He hasn't said that they shouldn't use that route, just an observation that the Carrs Lane route, which can be a bottle neck, will see a lot of traffic.
Thank you

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 20, 2024, 04:20:30 PMIn April until June Diamond is diverting the 16A out of City via Carrs Lane due to Metro work. So all other buses will presumably follow the same diversion, That's lot of buses using Carrs Lane !
Track works across Moor Street Queensway from 7th April 'until Autumn'.

There will be various stop closures and diversions during that time:
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/major-roadworks-and-events/eastside-birmingham-city-centre/moor-street-queensway/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on March 20, 2024, 07:14:14 PMTrack works across Moor Street Queensway from 7th April 'until Autumn'.
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/major-roadworks-and-events/eastside-birmingham-city-centre/moor-street-queensway/
Changes to bus stops in Birmingham City Centre | NX Bus West Midlands
So the X21/X22 are moving to Park Street then and 61/63 finishing at New Street Station and will then pickup at MS8A then u turning at St Michaels Church.
With the Perry Barr services moving to the current X21/X22 stop and 66 moving to next to the 94/95.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on March 20, 2024, 07:14:14 PMTrack works across Moor Street Queensway from 7th April 'until Autumn'.

Good news having the Perry Barr services on Priory Queensway (near 65/66/67 stop), The Square Peg stop is OK but in peak hours it takes so long to get through Moor Street, Carrs Lane and Lower Bull Street. The outward journeys will be quicker getting to Lancaster Circus

Westy

Only just got used to the X51 by The Square Peg!

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 20, 2024, 07:29:20 PMGood news having the Perry Barr services on Priory Queensway (near 65/66/67 stop), The Square Peg stop is OK but in peak hours it takes so long to get through Moor Street, Carrs Lane and Lower Bull Street. The outward journeys will be quicker getting to Lancaster Circus
I'm not as keen, now means a longer walk to Moor Street for me to catch the X1/X2 to get to work. Yes it will speed up journeys exiting City but for other connections it's a bit unhandy. Personally, I hope these services go back to Carrs Lane come October!

Maybe this means the Bus Lane under Lancaster Circus (outbound) will be used by the X51.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk