News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stechford Lane at the Fox and Goose has been closed clockwise only, road ahead closed, access only signs have been put up and the 11C has (i've seen 4675 and 4651 do it now), been turning left and heading up the Coleshill Road, following the diversion signs heading towards the Hunters Moon, as has the 55.
Does anyone know where they are being diverted to and where they are resuming there normal line of route?
Also does anyone know how long it will be like this for?

There's been nothing about this diversion on the NX and NWM websites as well?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on January 28, 2018, 01:28:48 PM
Stechford Lane at the Fox and Goose has been closed clockwise only, road ahead closed, access only signs have been put up and the 11C has (i've seen 4675 and 4651 do it now), been turning left and heading up the Coleshill Road, following the diversion signs heading towards the Hunters Moon, as has the 55.
Does anyone know where they are being diverted to and where they are resuming there normal line of route?
Also does anyone know how long it will be like this for?

There's been nothing about this diversion on the NX and NWM websites as well?
To The Hunters Moon and back along Stechford Road, Emergency Water Main works

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2018, 01:36:36 PM
To The Hunters Moon and back along Stechford Road, Emergency Water Main works
Thanks for the info.
Do you know if its still likely to be closed at 7AM tomorrow morning?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on January 28, 2018, 01:39:29 PM
Thanks for the info.
Do you know if its still likely to be closed at 7AM tomorrow morning?

"Possibly" closed all day tomorrow

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2018, 01:40:26 PM
"Possibly" closed all day tomorrow
Thanks for the info, most appreciated.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

OH25

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the 82 turned towards the Barclaycard Arena before Sandpits. Is this because of the Broad Street changes?

Quote from: OH25 on January 28, 2018, 08:50:59 PM
Sorry of this has already been mentioned but the 82 turned towards the Barclaycard Arena before Sandpits. Is this because of the Broad Street changes?
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/disruptions/#/params?DisruptionType=true&when=All&TransportModeA=5#4153_Centro
Demolition Works at Paradise Circus.
The 82 and 87 are being diverted into Birmingham - Summer Hill Road, Summer Hill Street, St Vincent Street, Sheepcote Street, Broad Street, Isslington Row Middleway, Bath Row, Holloway Head, Smallbrook Queensway, Normal Line Of Route.
From 23:55 on Friday 12th January till 05:00 on Monday 15th January.
From 23:55 on Friday 19th January till 05:00 on Monday 22 January.
And finally from 23:55 on Friday 26th January till 05:00 on Monday 29th January.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Doesn't explain why buses have been diverted rather way during the day today though
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

Quote from: Kevin on January 29, 2018, 01:28:18 PM
Doesn't explain why buses have been diverted rather way during the day today though
there was a broken down bus in broad st this morning
Should be normal now

Mike K

Quote from: karl724223 on January 29, 2018, 01:33:40 PM
there was a broken down bus in broad st this morning
Should be normal now

Broad St was a nightmare this morning with temporary lights in place at the Bishopsgate St junction, the existing roadworks by the Novotel, and as you say a broken down number 9 outside the Brasshouse not helping matters. Despite the 9 having hazard lights flashing, 6874 that I was on stopped right behind it and then had to reverse to get round it. 52 minutes to travel 4 miles to work ☹️

Police blocked of Warwick Road in Acocks Green towards Solihull only at about 08:45 today.
The 37 would have been diverted via, Warwick Road, Shirley Road, Olton Boulevard East, Warwick Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

Quote from: Mike K on January 29, 2018, 03:58:54 PM
Broad St was a nightmare this morning with temporary lights in place at the Bishopsgate St junction, the existing roadworks by the Novotel, and as you say a broken down number 9 outside the Brasshouse not helping matters. Despite the 9 having hazard lights flashing, 6874 that I was on stopped right behind it and then had to reverse to get round it. 52 minutes to travel 4 miles to work ☹️
was a bc bus broke down not a pn  pn bus was stuck behind the bus

Stu

Stratford Road was still closed this evening. I work around the corner from where the fire was yesterday, so I went to have a nose when I finished; they were still demolishing the buildings about 5:30pm, unless they're going to work through the night I can't see it being opened by the morning.
Diverted buses towards Birmingham were getting stuck in the resulting traffic congestion on Bordesley Middleway, I noticed some drivers were sensibly continuing down Coventry Road towards Digbeth; I saw a 31 turn left onto Camp Hill to then presumably turn right onto Bradford Street, while a 37 was unloading passengers at the Bordesley station stop before turning right onto Deritend High Street.
Poets Corner island was horrific, jammed with traffic trying to get onto Golden Hillock Road.
Its on evenings like this you really realise just how much traffic congestion there is, when all the traffic that would normally use one major route has to join the heavy traffic on other already congested routes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 29, 2018, 06:50:21 PM
Stratford Road was still closed this evening. I work around the corner from where the fire was yesterday, so I went to have a nose when I finished; they were still demolishing the buildings about 5:30pm, unless they're going to work through the night I can't see it being opened by the morning.
Diverted buses towards Birmingham were getting stuck in the resulting traffic congestion on Bordesley Middleway, I noticed some drivers were sensibly continuing down Coventry Road towards Digbeth; I saw a 31 turn left onto Camp Hill to then presumably turn right onto Bradford Street, while a 37 was unloading passengers at the Bordesley station stop before turning right onto Deritend High Street.
Poets Corner island was horrific, jammed with traffic trying to get onto Golden Hillock Road.
Its on evenings like this you really realise just how much traffic congestion there is, when all the traffic that would normally use one major route has to join the heavy traffic on other already congested routes.

It looks like it will be closed all day tomorrow and all day Wednesday

Mike K

Quote from: karl724223 on January 29, 2018, 06:24:51 PM
was a bc bus broke down not a pn  pn bus was stuck behind the bus

Definitely a 9 branded MMC outside the Brasshouse at around 8.45 this morning (inbound) with hazard lights on and nobody on board. There was no other bus in front. Unless we are talking about different breakdowns.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk