News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First in big trouble

Started by tank90, March 29, 2013, 12:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2013, 05:35:26 PM
First throw several thousand pounds away every year. A good example is fleetnumber 61353 (L206 KSX) a driver trainer at Oldham, retaxed for 12 months in January this year (£220), sold to PVS for scrap in February this year without claiming the unused VED back. so £200 wasted.

I could find you a couple of hundred vehicles First have done that with recently, some were even retaxed after they were last used at £400!

Not to mention the money they could be raising selling on their unwanted vehicles for further use instead of scrapping them

CRP2012

Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2013, 05:35:26 PM
First throw several thousand pounds away every year. A good example is fleetnumber 61353 (L206 KSX) a driver trainer at Oldham, retaxed for 12 months in January this year (£220), sold to PVS for scrap in February this year without claiming the unused VED back. so £200 wasted.

I could find you a couple of hundred vehicles First have done that with recently, some were even retaxed after they were last used at £400!

another thing is that firstbus seem to like Repainting buses to them in storage (they did them with Leeds Fusions a few year ago & more recently with Alexander Royale`s) plus a few buses have been repainted into Barbie Livery still.Another thing (i know this sounds like nit-picking) but with the new livery,why have the "cared for by..." stickers,i mean most of the general public dont realy care & they still carry normal Legal Lettering.Say it costs £5 per sticker & a bus moves round 5 times in a year,thats £25 just on small stickers for 1 bus!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk