News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

What happens next?

Started by tank90, March 10, 2013, 12:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Ok so we know that the enviro 300's that werent sold went to Worcester and Hereford, well after looking at midlandred.net forum of the 5 that went to Hereford only 67600 is there, the rest are all at worcester and rumour also has over there that Worcester are to loose all 12 of the Volvos to Colchester. Now if that is right whats happening to some of the older buses in Lecister and Northampton or have they/are they being sold off.
And also why first havent kept them here to compete on some services for Hereford I have no idea, I mean they could do with getting more routes for both Worcester and Hereford as the route Map is looking bear to say the least.
I have a funny feeling in 12 months time WR and HR will be sold to out becuase FMR aren't making money, I say that as RH had 2 on hire ex London presidents and then 10 Ex Essex buses last year so the fuel bill for them to get here and back would have eaten some of the profits and then also does any one know which garage took the fuel bills for the MOTs and servicing at Kidderminster?
Also whats to say (and this is me sumising big time) that First didnt lump some debt of FMR onto RH and KR from WRs new buses as well, because from the route list I cant see them having as much profit as they might of had if they still had RH at least.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

3 x Volvo B7RLE/Wright have already moved from Worcester to Colchester namely 66976, 66977 & 66982. With the ex Redditch Enviro 300's & ex London Tridents 33039 & 33043 it does look as though all 12 B7RLE may well end up moving.

I think Leicester & Northampton are now the only operations not to have a bus painted in the First livery, which doesn't bode well. I'd be very surprised if Worcester isn't making any money, most of the routes operated are higher frequency & Worcester has always had the newest of the FMR fleet. First were quick to see Red Diamond off when they set-up in competition in the City. Like you say, I'll be surprised if First don't end selling off what's left of FMR as they now only operate circa 100 buses. If what's left is reasonably profitable it may well fetch a decent asking price towards the rest of the £100 million disposal proceeds

First don't drive cascaded buses between the operating subsidiaries, they are nearly always moved on suspended tow, I believe Alpha currently has the contract to dispose of / transfer cascaded buses around the UK. As regards costs, I should imagine that the fuel element equates to peanuts in comparison to what First Group use on a daily basis 

tank90

True but -£270,000.00 wasn't much of a loss tho in the grand scheme of things.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

richie

Quote from: tank90 on March 10, 2013, 12:53:31 AM

It is when your stricken with debt! It may appear a small amount to a large PLC but every penny still counts. Shareholders are funny people. Lol

winston

Quote from: richie on March 10, 2013, 12:59:52 AM
Quote from: tank90 on March 10, 2013, 12:53:31 AM

It is when your stricken with debt! It may appear a small amount to a large PLC but every penny still counts. Shareholders are funny people. Lol

No, it's not much of a loss really, around 5% loss. Had First Group been in a better financial position, they could have brought new vehicles in to Redditch & intensified completion to see off Diamond & probably quite quickly have turned that around. On a £5.2 million turnover they should really be looking to make at least £500k profit

tank90

Yep which is what lead me to think RHs profit bought the ex walse Volvos for Worcester along with some of Worcesters.
Because I couldn't see anyone buying a bus operation that has made a profit and Im sure RH has been making some.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on March 10, 2013, 01:10:17 AM
Yep which is what lead me to think RHs profit bought the ex walse Volvos for Worcester along with some of Worcesters.
Because I couldn't see anyone buying a bus operation that has made a profit and Im sure RH has been making some.

I may well have been Kidderminster that has caused the combined operations to make a loss, we'll probably never get to see a full breakdown

tank90

There is that but, there has to be more to it than -£270,000.00 because that seems a weird figure by that i mean its looks like somethings have been bought. But your right we will never get to know what the break downs are from FMR.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk