News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

rotala fleet numbers

Started by arrifirststage, January 02, 2013, 08:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

I realise I may have missed a previous explanation,but can anyone explain the Rotala fleet numbering system to me because it initially seems utterly random.Thanks for any help.

vinh1000

Same here

Its like the 20xxx fleet numbers were assigned to Blue and Red Diamond and the 30xxx fleets assigned to Black Diamond or something like that
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

John

I'm pretty sure that the smaller length dart's, and Solo's are all numbered 2****, the longer dart's, B7RLE's, Centro's and Daf/Vdl's are 3**** and the double deckers were 4**** when Blue diamond had deckers.

Discodave

Numbering at rotala is similar to stagecoach and first a national system between diamond, preston and wessex.  Yourbus is another matter being separate even though it owned by the dunns.

sconehead85

Ive only just discovered this thread. Fleet numbering is a hobby horse of mine. I have a 5-digit system for Arriva, but a 5-digit system for Rotala is an extravagance .  It is chaotic with no ordergiven to specific types other than the initial digit.  Rotala surely should be able to count the different types of vehicle and allocate blocks accordingly.  IMHO a 4-digit system would suffice as follows:

1000-1999  DOUBLE DECK

10xx Dennis Trident
                  12xx Volvo B9TL/ Scania (12 in total)
                  13xx Volvo B5LH
                  19xx  Step-entrance- Preston's Leyland Olympians,
                           Ex First Volvo Olympian/Citybus

2000-2999  MINIBUS/MIDIBUSES

20xx/21xx/22xx  Optare Solo
                   24xx   Plaxton Primo
                   25xx   Wrightbus Streetlite
                   29xx   Mercedes Benz Vario/Sprinter

3000-4999   SINGLE DECK
                   30xx/31xx  Dennis Dart full length
                   32xx/33xx  Dennis Dart short length
                   34xx           Volvo B7RLE
                   36xx          VDL SB120
                   37xx          Scania
                   38xx          MAN
                   39xx          Mercedes Citaro
                   40xx          Optare Versa, an Excel will be 4099
                   41xx          ADL E series
                   49xx          Any step entry sd, currently only a Leyland Lynx at Preston and ex First
                                    Dennis Lance

5000-8999   SPARE

9000-9999  COACHES

90xx         Volvo B7/B9R
                   91xx         Volvo B12 (A BOVA will be 9199)

This scheme allows plenty of room for expansion .  As of yet Im not sure what if any vehicles will be acquired from First Wyvern but this 4 digit system would be able to accommodate them.

sconehead85

Ash

The full size plaxton pointers B37F from Your bus have been given fleet numbers 20848-20851 and are full size single deckers but have a 2 at the start of their fleet numbers probably because 30851 for example has been used.

Discodave

wierd thought I was told on this forum yourbus was not part of rotala just a company for Mr dunn

Ash

Quote from: Discodave on January 26, 2013, 03:33:43 PM
wierd thought I was told on this forum yourbus was not part of rotala just a company for Mr dunn

There not but 4 full size plaxton pointers have been purchased by rotala for their diamond operation from your bus and have been given these fleet numbers but your bus are not part of the rotala group, sorry if my previous comment was misleading.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk