News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

don

Quote from: Stu on January 21, 2024, 04:21:15 PMMy understanding was that only vehicles expected to still be in service for another five years (from 2023) would get the grey repaint.

That takes us up to 2028. NX have set themselves a target of having a 100% zero emission fleet by 2030.

With the Eclipse 2 B7RLEs getting the grey treatment, that tells me the single decks will be the last to be replaced.

The earliest E400s won't last until 2028 I would imagine, though they've still got another few years left in them.
I thought the 4881 onwards vehicles were planned to get a refurb whereas the earlier E400s just a repaint (hence the 4830-4842 and 4763-4776 repaints). 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Jack

I'd at least hope they'd be repainting and refurbing the Red/White 49** E400's (as well as 4899). The state of some of those are awful. 

JosephR

If you go by how old the interior is (4880 and newer) the crimson e400s aren't really due for refurbs.

The red&white 49** are dire inside and out.
Early mmcs don't look so bad, but do need attention.

The re-branding on suttons and cov road lines look a cheap tacky patch up job. Look worse then WA & AG  mmc

BlackCountryBusSpotter

4951 has the newest interior out of all the Red and White E400's as it has the Crimson Interior after suffering an Arson attack on the 48 in Weoley Castle A couple of years ago, also from memory 4968 when I saw that in Wolverhampton Bus Station after doing an X8 looked really smart in Red and White. Some WB ones do need a refurb but a lot are still quite smart. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

jasmine

My sister has been telling me she's seen the new electrics run down parts of the 16 route, lozells and handsworth wood road specifically, she couldn't give me a fleet number though. been doing so for multiple days

Jay71

I saw o
Quote from: jasmine on January 22, 2024, 05:16:17 PMMy sister has been telling me she's seen the new electrics run down parts of the 16 route, lozells and handsworth wood road specifically, she couldn't give me a fleet number though. been doing so for multiple days
I saw one yesterday morning in Hampstead Village, going in the B'ham direction. Must have been about 0930

Tony

It's the standard driver training route for PB garage, each driver goes Perry Barr to Scott Arms down the 16 route to the city centre and back to Perry Barr.

It was E165 today will be E167 tomorrow

jasmine

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2024, 05:44:43 PMIt's the standard driver training route for PB garage, each driver goes Perry Barr to Scott Arms down the 16 route to the city centre and back to Perry Barr.

It was E165 today will be E167 tomorrow
any reason why its the 16? efficiency? not too long not too short? a good city loop? sharp weird turns like newton road and handsworth wood park gates?

Tony

Quote from: jasmine on January 22, 2024, 06:58:35 PMany reason why its the 16? efficiency? not too long not too short? a good city loop? sharp weird turns like newton road and handsworth wood park gates?
Just the garage Driver trainer likes that circuit

There's a red/white 4900 in W/B garages bodywork bay possibly the first  W/B deck'er from new to get the full refurb in years i believe, quite exstensive re'planeling  from what i,ve seen

LD713821

Quote from: Stu on January 21, 2024, 04:21:15 PMMy understanding was that only vehicles expected to still be in service for another five years (from 2023) would get the grey repaint.

That takes us up to 2028. NX have set themselves a target of having a 100% zero emission fleet by 2030.

With the Eclipse 2 B7RLEs getting the grey treatment, that tells me the single decks will be the last to be replaced.

The earliest E400s won't last until 2028 I would imagine, though they've still got another few years left in them.
What even happened to TFWM's plan to have all trains, trams and buses into the TFWM livery.
it seemed pretty smart tbf

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: LD713821 on January 23, 2024, 10:35:11 PMWhat even happened to TFWM's plan to have all trains, trams and buses into the TFWM livery.
it seemed pretty smart tbf

The Trams are some 172's are and some Buses are on the old Partnership Routes, presumably for the Buses they planned to make routes like the 4's, 16 and others Partnership between NX and Diamond but as it wasn't working they idea was scrapped so they abandoned that idea. So Now NX and Diamond have Buses floating around in the WMB Partnership livery that are now pointless. I think the 31 and 32 still have some sort of agreement, the 40 I'm not sure, the 42 is now Diamond and the 43 now NX so that one has been scrapped. They both operate the 40 but I'm not sure if it is still a Partnership anymore. I guess this new Nbus makes all Operators Partners within reason
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

JosephR

I don't see why some people keep up the complaints on the new livery. If you look at the 2021 hydroliners, and early 2020 electrics you can see that there is only 2 shades of grey anyway. The darker shade doesn't really stand out as there's so little of it.

Plus the new livery (on the electrics) is complimented by more vinyl under the windows that does look like the platinum 'tick' 'swoosh' altered. So imo is kind of like the last two livery's combined.

The repaints/ refurbs haven't had the extra vinyl to compliment which is why they look more boring.

JosephR

I think the reason the livery is changed so often is adapting to new vehicles body. What suits some don't suit others.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk