News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on December 21, 2023, 09:52:40 AMI may be mistaken as it was quite some distance away, but I thought I saw one of the new electric buses in the new two-tone grey diagonal livery, complete with diagonal red stripe and detailing, going round the island at Selly Oak Retail park at around 9.30 this morning.
That would be Z4007 which is on the 76 this morning

Wba_lad

Quote from: Mike K on December 21, 2023, 09:52:40 AMI may be mistaken as it was quite some distance away, but I thought I saw one of the new electric buses in the new two-tone grey diagonal livery, complete with diagonal red stripe and detailing, going round the island at Selly Oak Retail park at around 9.30 this morning.
It may of been one of the new deliveries.

Jack

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 21, 2023, 11:17:19 AMIt may of been one of the new deliveries.
Read above it's already been told it's Z4007.

Wba_lad

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2023, 10:06:18 AMThat would be Z4007 which is on the 76 this morning
Thanks, forgot about the "Z" ones getting the red stripe treatment 

JosephR

Are the new electrics going to replace the 40 non euro 6 vehicles in the 24 days they need to be. NX has had more than enough time to sort this out now. 

Solo1

Quote from: JosephR on December 31, 2023, 11:22:39 PMAre the new electrics going to replace the 40 non euro 6 vehicles in the 24 days they need to be. NX has had more than enough time to sort this out now.
You place an order for new buses you got to wait till they are built & ready to be delivered & have the charging points at the depot 

Stu

Quote from: JosephR on December 31, 2023, 11:22:39 PMAre the new electrics going to replace the 40 non euro 6 vehicles in the 24 days they need to be. NX has had more than enough time to sort this out now.
That is the plan I believe.

Quote from: Solo1 on January 01, 2024, 10:08:03 AMYou place an order for new buses you got to wait till they are built & ready to be delivered & have the charging points at the depot
According to Tony's last list of 'vehicles away from home garage', I make it 52 already delivered and in storage, awaiting allocation and transfer to their new homes.
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=322153

I don't know how installation of charging points is progressing though.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JosephR

Quote from: Stu on January 01, 2024, 10:42:12 AMThat is the plan I believe.
According to Tony's last list of 'vehicles away from home garage', I make it 52 already delivered and in storage, awaiting allocation and transfer to their new homes.
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=322153

I don't know how installation of charging points is progressing though.

It's mainly Gemini that need replacing I think around 30 odd. Means we'll be seeing cascades to AG & WB to displace. 

rumours are that PN will get some for the X10.. which is believable actually considering the garage is on its route. 

mesub

Quote from: JosephR on January 01, 2024, 07:33:26 PMIt's mainly Gemini that need replacing I think around 30 odd. Means we'll be seeing cascades to AG & WB to displace.

rumours are that PN will get some for the X10.. which is believable actually considering the garage is on its route.

Shiny new buses for Karl then!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

winston

There's no electrics due for PN anytime soon. 

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: JosephR on January 01, 2024, 07:33:26 PMIt's mainly Gemini that need replacing I think around 30 odd. Means we'll be seeing cascades to AG & WB to displace.

rumours are that PN will get some for the X10.. which is believable actually considering the garage is on its route.
what a surprise AG & WB get nothing - i would have thought the 37 would be an ideal candidate for Electrics, also 80 & 87
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on January 01, 2024, 08:54:11 PMwhat a surprise AG & WB get nothing - i would have thought the 37 would be an ideal candidate for Electrics, also 80 & 87

How do you know AG and WB get nothing?

How come people who've never worked in the bus industry, know how to run it better?

Know where the energy suppliers are capable of providing enough power.

Know which routes make enough to cover the cost of new investment.

All without ever having been involved 

winston

Unlikely, an extention was applied for to continue using 36 x non Euro 6 buses allocated to AG, WB & YW.

I'm assume it has since been approved.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on January 01, 2024, 09:47:07 PMHow do you know AG and WB get nothing?

How come people who've never worked in the bus industry, know how to run it better?

Know where the energy suppliers are capable of providing enough power.

Know which routes make enough to cover the cost of new investment.

All without ever having been involved
Hey i never said i know better,
and never mentioned Energy Supplies, i said i thought 37 / 80 / 87 would be good candidates for Electrics.
i also never said anything about cost or investment (although the 80 runs as a 3 bell load regularly, 37 does during the peak)
yes i did say AG & WB are getting nothing, in a majority of threads AG & WB do not get the new vehicles, just cast offs from elsewhere

never have i said that know better, never have i said if did, do or don't work in the industry,
in fact nobody on here actually knows me at all, i prefer it that way, i was also under the impression this is a discussion based forum, maybe i go that wrong.

i do not want trouble, i am not trying to cause trouble, maybe i should keep my opinions top myself & just read things & say nothing :undecided:
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk