News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bethhart2022

Quote from: Ginger66 on April 08, 2023, 07:44:52 AMDo you think there will be special livery done to celebrate the coronation of King Charles 
Your joking aren't ya they didn't do a livery for the queen's platinum jubilee 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Bethhart2022 on April 08, 2023, 07:29:05 PMYour joking aren't ya they didn't do a livery for the queen's platinum jubilee
They have stickers and a bus numbered E1952R

Would be a mark of respect to now remove the stickers and renumber the bus back to E052 again and 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Ginger66 on April 08, 2023, 07:44:52 AMDo you think there will be special livery done to celebrate the coronation of King Charles IIl
why waste money on celebrating the privileged rich with vast amounts of wealth when there's cost living crisis going on, i'd rather see a bus high lighting a good cause in the local community.  

suavegarv

Theres an article in Route One magazine confirming 170  additional buses from Alexander Dennis / BYD  by the end of 2024.

BK63 YWP

QuoteTheres an article in Route One magazine confirming 170  additional buses from Alexander Dennis / BYD  by the end of 2024.
So the other 130 must be Wright Electroliners 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

cardew

Quote from: suavegarv on April 13, 2023, 01:42:18 PMTheres an article in Route One magazine confirming 170  additional buses from Alexander Dennis / BYD  by the end of 2024.
Link

https://www.route-one.net/orders/alexander-dennis-confirms-further-large-order-from-national-express-west-midlands/

Although the article says that these 170 are part of the 300 announced in January and would take the fleet total to 329 ADL/BYD (E001-E029, E034-E333).

But with the additional 170 announced at the Conservative conference for which Tony has already announced the body numbers (N449/1-30; N455/1-50 & N461/1-90) these would actually take the total to 499 not 329.

Unless I am getting confused by all these 170s

Jack6101

I've just saw a pic on Facebook and it's shows a new Nx plain livery inside ADL gates reg is LG23EWB , is this one from the new batch 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Quote from: suavegarv on April 13, 2023, 01:42:18 PMTheres an article in Route One magazine confirming 170  additional buses from Alexander Dennis / BYD  by the end of 2024.
The first 30 are already built 

Jack6101

Quote from: Tony on April 13, 2023, 03:44:21 PMThe first 30 are already built
Will they be stored elsewhere first whilst electric charging points installed at intended garages  or will they start being delivered in upcoming weeks 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Details of the next 30 electrics  (E164-E193) are now on the main site
E001 upwards (wmbusphotos.com)
Although some of these have been seem with registration plates on at Falkirk none have actually been registered yet and it is unlikely the plates fitted at Falkirk will be the registrations when they do enter service

Budgie

With the discussion on the Pensnett thread comparing that garage to West Bromwich, age of comparative fleets etc and profitability of routes etc, it made me wonder an old recurring question. How many routes have been allocated new buses that don't serve Birmingham City Centre in the last 10 years?  I can think of only 1, the 529 Walsall-Wolverhampton but there must be more?

Normally this question is asked in terms of garages, I'm asking it in terms of routes. Wolverhampton had massive investment what 11-12 years ago now? You could argue merging the 376 with the 934 means the former was allocated new buses in 2015, I also get that the 11A and 11C have hand me downs that are newer than 10 years old and there are a few examples of that. I also recognise that my own ex routes in Walsall (10, 9, 35) got new Platinums on Sundays but I'm meaning regular Mon-Sat boards getting new buses. Assuming it is more than the 529, there are not many are there?

Tony

Quote from: Budgie on May 20, 2023, 05:15:30 PMWith the discussion on the Pensnett thread comparing that garage to West Bromwich, age of comparative fleets etc and profitability of routes etc, it made me wonder an old recurring question. How many routes have been allocated new buses that don't serve Birmingham City Centre in the last 10 years?  I can think of only 1, the 529 Walsall-Wolverhampton but there must be more?

Normally this question is asked in terms of garages, I'm asking it in terms of routes. Wolverhampton had massive investment what 11-12 years ago now? You could argue merging the 376 with the 934 means the former was allocated new buses in 2015, I also get that the 11A and 11C have hand me downs that are newer than 10 years old and there are a few examples of that. I also recognise that my own ex routes in Walsall (10, 9, 35) got new Platinums on Sundays but I'm meaning regular Mon-Sat boards getting new buses. Assuming it is more than the 529, there are not many are there?
All the routes run by E200s in the Black Country.

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2023, 05:22:31 PMAll the routes run by E200s in the Black Country.

All of the Coventry electric buses as well?

Also in 2015 the 71 had E200 MMC new on that route as well for a few years until it moved to Perry Barr.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Budgie

I really hope that all those electric buses for Coventry will be reflected in a significant increase in passenger numbers.  What future for buses if not?

So of the 4 none Brum garages, Bus Times reckons approx 614 buses, a fair number of approx 266 are 14 plates or newer and at least 61 of those were new for none Birmingham routes with up to 10 more Wolverhampton platinum's that appear on both X8 and other routes. Newest of those past 6 years ago..... not sure that will prove a major attraction for passengers who don't travel into Birmingham back onto the bus network but it could be worse.

If only Walsall could get more of those Hydrogen's out on a daily basis. I know good reasons why there isn't but it seems such a waste such valuable assets aren't in more regular use.

Gareth

Quote from: Budgie on May 20, 2023, 07:13:26 PMI really hope that all those electric buses for Coventry will be reflected in a significant increase in passenger numbers. 
They're not really suitable for 'significant increases in passenger numbers', they're quite a bit smaller than the buses they've replaced so far. Unless frequencies can be changed in the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk