News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2023, 01:15:22 PMOn the main site!
You haven't put it on there yet, only pic of 2231 is in Walsall paintshop

Tony

I put it on last night, looks like the upload didn't pick it up. The link should have been in that gap after 4433 on the home page. Will sort it later

Tony

Quote from: winston on March 30, 2023, 01:24:42 PMYou haven't put it on there yet, only pic of 2231 is in Walsall paintshop

It is there now

Mike K

I have to say that after a move away from that dreadful white with red diagonal front end livery, to the pleasant Lothian-inspired crimson and Platinum designs, this latest two-tone grey scheme is a real let down.

The way the horizontal sticker on 2231 cuts through the diagonal stripe isn't aesthetically pleasing. Just my opinion, but I'd much rather they'd stuck with the previous grey livery, which at least had some nice detailing to detract from the uninspiring colour scheme.

winston

Lukeee

Personally I wish they had stuck with the crimson livery, this new grey scheme seems a backwards step in comparison 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Lukeee on March 31, 2023, 01:54:54 AMPersonally I wish they had stuck with the crimson livery, this new grey scheme seems a backwards step in comparison
They've gone with the grey because it's very hard waring, if you look at the earliest Platinum buses (6701-6758) they still look good after nearly eight years old.

Wumpty

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 31, 2023, 05:15:59 AMThey've gone with the grey because it's very hard waring, if you look at the earliest Platinum buses (6701-6758) they still look good after nearly eight years old.
From a practical aspect, I agree, though it does dilute the Platinum brand somewhat. Whichever livery was chosen for main fleet, Platinum was a real contrast, similar to the Timesaver rationale.

I must agree that the new grey for the single deckers does look rather bland compared to the Platinum/crimsons, and the orange blinds also clash visually too.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Wumpty on March 31, 2023, 06:07:27 AMFrom a practical aspect, I agree, though it does dilute the Platinum brand somewhat. Whichever livery was chosen for main fleet, Platinum was a real contrast, similar to the Timesaver rationale.

I must agree that the new grey for the single deckers does look rather bland compared to the Platinum/crimsons, and the orange blinds also clash visually too.
The Platinum name will probably disappear as all new deliveries will be platinum spec anyway

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 31, 2023, 06:22:12 AMThe Platinum name will probably disappear as all new deliveries will be platinum spec anyway
It will go the same way as the electrics in coventry the first batch (E020-29) had "National Express Coventry electric" the new batch (E034-163) has just "National Express Coventry"
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Gareth

I understand the owners of the new electrics specified what colour the buses had to be, but surely the old layout could have been used? This has in turn made the rest fleet going from having one of the best and smartest liveries in years to drab, boring and uninspired. And that branding doesn't improve it much either.

BBS

QuoteThey've gone with the grey because it's very hard waring, if you look at the earliest Platinum buses (6701-6758) they still look good after nearly eight years old.
That batch only had dest boards which aren't as bright as they used to be anymore 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

don

Quote from: Gareth on March 31, 2023, 10:59:05 AMI understand the owners of the new electrics specified what colour the buses had to be, but surely the old layout could have been used? This has in turn made the rest fleet going from having one of the best and smartest liveries in years to drab, boring and uninspired. And that branding doesn't improve it much either.
I suspect using the old layout for the second tone of grey would have been more expensive per bus. It will also be easier for the paint shop to do, saving cost and time - let's see how long it takes to do all the applicable buses in the pre 2015 colours, letting alone getting the whole fleet consistent.

However this new price branding is unbelievable - the font is totally out of keeping with the normal NXWM fonts, and is totally in your face - a bit like a Donald Trump Truth Social post with block capitals etc - you can imagine Brian Blessed bellowing it out the side of the bus.

So 100% for getting the message over - 10% for the graphic design - I suppose at least it's red background so in keeping with the NXWM livery!

This is why a certain firm on the south coast can charge six figure sums for their design work - although I must say the colours evocative of sand castles, sea and beach balls are somewhat out of place in Weoley Castle and Solihull.

This is a pity because hitherto NXWM's stuff has been good and even the new two tone grey livery with its colour coded trim - that branding is awful though!!

The branding on the new electric fleet in Coventry clearly refers to Coventry Electrics - maybe in a different place from the first batch. I think that Coventry branding is also good but will no doubt be covered up to an extent by advertising.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

CL

I've noticed the new front accent - which, to me, looks smart - has resulted in the name being removed.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ginger66

Do you think there will be special livery done to celebrate the coronation of King Charles IIl 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk