News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Sad Decline of Midland Red West

Started by richardjones210368, December 28, 2019, 10:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Tim Brown has posted this on midlandred.net My thanks to him. A few weeks ago @Tony and others questioned my views of First's stupid idea of a SantaBus. Today a Solo was photographed in the Crowngate with side adverts for a non existent FirstDay ticket proving my argument that FirstGroup should get First Midland Red Buses Ltd  front line affairs in order before any other trivia.

winston

You may also want to check out the latest accounts for First Midland Red Ltd, Worcester has since slipped in to the red:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01556327/filing-history

Also, more elderly Citaro's are due from Slough to oust newer Streetlites to Leicester.....

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on December 28, 2019, 11:04:34 PM
You may also want to check out the latest accounts for First Midland Red Ltd, Worcester has since slipped in to the red:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01556327/filing-history

Also, more elderly Citaro's are due from Slough to oust newer Streetlites to Leicester.....
Thanks Winston,  The Streetlites are heading for the Lecis LEZ. I have First Midland Red Buses Ltd on a Companies House alert the latest horrors were filled at Companies House Xmas Eve funny that, I dont need the link but others will find it usefull and yes I agree this year they are in the red, the previous year was a small break even, the year before that in the red. The COGS ratio of the company is dreadfull the current management has no idea how to run a bus company when I was attached to the Badgerline Holdings accounts department we achieved good returns at MRW and then Trevor Smallwood met a man called Moir Lockhead on a blind date that would fill Cilla with horror...........

richardjones210368

winston

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 07, 2020, 11:42:40 PM
The revised 144 Timetable from the 26th Jan is now on the First Midland Red website.
https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershire/plan-journey/timetables/?source_id=3

Can't see the 144 serving B'ham for much longer.

I was expecting that First may have retained the half hourly frequency to B'ham at least in the Mon - Fri peaks.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 08, 2020, 01:18:03 AM
Can't see the 144 serving B'ham for much longer.

I was expecting that First may have retained the half hourly frequency to B'ham at least in the Mon - Fri peaks.
There is a 90min gap to Brum from 15.45 to 17.15 from The Crowngate its not that long ago First were every 20mins and Rotala Half Hourly on the route when I was at MRW we had a fitted 15 min frequency on the 143 and 144 timetable from Bromesgrove to Brum pluss the 83  84 and 85 from Longbridge amazing.really

richardjones210368

How much lower can First Midland Red sink @Tony West Midlands Travel Limited are Bafta award winners compered with the w*****s currently running the company I loved my time at it makes you just sick to see such a fine company with such an heritage doing this to its passengers for f***s sake FirstGroup put it out of misery & let Rotala fill the void anything is better than this.
http://midlandred.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&p=12138&sid=c54edf44eff00987976ee4c6051a42b4#p12138

LazyGuy222

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 11, 2020, 07:45:03 PM
How much lower can First Midland Red sink @Tony West Midlands Travel Limited are Bafta award winners compered with the w*****s currently running the company I loved my time at it makes you just sick to see such a fine company with such an heritage doing this to its passengers for f***s sake FirstGroup put it out of misery & let Rotala fill the void anything is better than this.
http://midlandred.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&p=12138&sid=c54edf44eff00987976ee4c6051a42b4#p12138
Most other divisions don't have return tickets. Leicester for example only has them for child tickets.

richardjones210368

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on January 11, 2020, 08:37:38 PM
Most other divisions don't have return tickets. Leicester for example only has them for child tickets.
@LazyGuy222  Take a close look at my profile picture to see how long I have had a return ticket on the company in fact First Midland Red have had return tickets for 116 years it is a show of utter contempt to treat your customers in this way and an indication of the rottern management that is based I believe in Leicester your comment about other divisions proves my piont Worcstershire & The Black Country are not a division they are a geographical area that is used to its returns dismissed by a company so out of touch with its customers needs so your argument is?

LazyGuy222

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 11, 2020, 08:43:11 PM
@LazyGuy222  Take a close look at my profile picture to see how long I have had a return ticket on the company in fact First Midland Red have had return tickets for 116 years it is a show of utter contempt to treat your customers in this way and an indication of the rottern management that is based I believe in Leicester your comment about other divisions proves my piont Worcstershire & The Black Country are not a division they are a geographical area that is used to its returns dismissed by a company so out of touch with its customers needs so your argument is?
But the Leicester operations are run from Colchester or Basildon arent they?

richardjones210368

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on January 11, 2020, 11:08:34 PM
No idea @LazyGuy222  I dont.think FirstGroup have a clue either where its run from when I worked for the historic company our head office which I worked at was Heron Lodge off London Rd in Worcester with just payroll done at the PLC in Weston now the brain dead idiots who should be totally ashamed of themselves at First might as well be on Planet Mars for all they care for First Midland Red Buses Limited.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on January 11, 2020, 11:08:34 PM

They were run from Chelmsford as were Potteries & Wyvern, but I think First Group are now moving to have each operation being managed locally, so that they are easier to sell off if needs be.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Ian Hardy on January 12, 2020, 08:32:48 PM
They were run from Chelmsford as were Potteries & Wyvern, but I think First Group are now moving to have each operation being managed locally, so that they are easier to sell off if needs be.
Ironic really when Midland Red West Limited, Midland Red Coaches Limited and Midland Red Holdings Limited were very sucessfully run from Heron Lodge, London Road Worcester even after the merger with Badgerline Holdings Limited all decision save for vechicle acquisition and payroll were made at local level mind you Bristol Omnibus and later Badgerline did the payroll in NBC days from 1981 after Vernon Road ceased to be the Head Office.

richardjones210368

richardjones210368

Enjoy A Free Ride on First Midland Red 37 in February
https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershire
The owners of First Midland Red have withdrawn First Glasow No1 Ltd and First Glasgow No2 from sale today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk