News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

I boarded on 6726 earlier on the X51 from Walsall to Cannock. The bus was pretty decent, only one problem with it while driving randomly the "please apply hand break" would announce when the cab door was closed. This happened a few times during the journey. Maybe it's a faulty sensor or something. 

Dababa015

This might be the wrong place to say this but at roughly 16.25 on severene road 4A the driver of 6704 would not move because a passenger was carrying a TV, is this allowed on a bus or is the driver overreacting? He was holding 7540 up which was already 20 mins late and we couldn't go around due to a parked car.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 02, 2024, 08:54:14 PMI boarded on 6726 earlier on the X51 from Walsall to Cannock. The bus was pretty decent, only one problem with it while driving randomly the "please apply hand break" would announce when the cab door was closed. This happened a few times during the journey. Maybe it's a faulty sensor or something.
Very likely. Probably just needs adjustment to the cab door.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Dababa015 on April 06, 2024, 04:28:10 PMThis might be the wrong place to say this but at roughly 16.25 on severene road 4A the driver of 6704 would not move because a passenger was carrying a TV, is this allowed on a bus or is the driver overreacting? He was holding 7540 up which was already 20 mins late and we couldn't go around due to a parked car.
According to NX Conditions of Carriage (downloadable from the NX website), the driver is within their rights to refuse to carry any luggage or goods. In addition any item weighing over 22kg is prohibited. Therefore annoying as it might seem the driver was following the correct procedure in my opinion. 

Stu

Quote from: Dababa015 on April 06, 2024, 04:28:10 PMThis might be the wrong place to say this but at roughly 16.25 on severene road 4A the driver of 6704 would not move because a passenger was carrying a TV, is this allowed on a bus or is the driver overreacting? He was holding 7540 up which was already 20 mins late and we couldn't go around due to a parked car.
Depends on how big the TV was and/or if it was boxed or not.

A large boxed item would have to be stowed in the buggy zone, if that area was already occupied by buggies then the driver would be perfectly right to refuse entry.

If it was a large unboxed LCD/LED TV, the driver can refuse to carry it due to the risk of getting damaged and potentially injuring other passengers, as well as making a hazardous mess.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Surely you'd know someone with a car, or get a taxi?

MW

Quote from: Westy on April 06, 2024, 09:04:29 PMSurely you'd know someone with a car, or get a taxi?

I had 3 seperate passengers on the same journey once. One got on with an Iron (looked new but wasn't boxed), another got on with an ironing board and the another got on with a clothes rack on wheels (that he wheeled onboard). I was in stitches. This was the 11A from Erdington

Lukeee

Quote from: MW on April 06, 2024, 10:30:37 PMI had 3 seperate passengers on the same journey once. One got on with an Iron (looked new but wasn't boxed), another got on with an ironing board and the another got on with a clothes rack on wheels (that he wheeled onboard). I was in stitches. This was the 11A from Erdington
It's erdington, are you surprised lol

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I once got an Arriva DAF Alx 400 on the 334 with a boxed PS3, I wouldn't try to get on the 34/37 or 39 with a Flat Screen TV Boxed or not risk of it being broken
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on April 07, 2024, 11:15:59 PMI once got an Arriva DAF Alx 400 on the 334 with a boxed PS3, I wouldn't try to get on the 34/37 or 39 with a Flat Screen TV Boxed or not risk of it being broken
Well, it would be a fair walk from Currys Pc World Wednesbury to the nearest bus stop on both the Darlo & Dudley routes.

I bought a laptop in the Comet closing down sale at Bescot several years ago & bought it back on the 401e & the Bloxwich route, plus I had a nice compact hi fi from Clearance in Walsall & bought it back on the bus.

Probably would still have it now, if it wasn't for the fact it wasn't DAB + compatible!

Stu

OK, back on topic now please folks
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

spacecowboy150

4806: this thing is so sluggish and slow it took a while to get up to 30mph and it could barely get up any hills. It used to be fast but have a slipping gearbox, id rather that than what i got today

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Here is my review of the B7's and E200 I rode to Lichfield and back yesterday. The first B7 was 2138 on the 34 driver drove proffesionally considering Pleck has some truly awful drivers and this time was no different, he slowed for an indescive passenger just after Darlaston who didn't signal him to stop so he carried on another passenger didn't stand at the curb and put there arm out but tried to stop him without moving before shaking there head. I heard the indicator applied and the brakes pressed not the drivers fault you didn't signal clearly. Bus didn't seem to rattle much. The B7's feel well built haven't aged much and I do prefer them to the Omnilinks because they feel more spacious as 2138 had most of it's Seats taken. 

My next bus was 2123 driver was a nice guy helped some people with how to get to a Morrisons somewhere inbetween Brownhills and Lichfield, helped a lot of people who had probably not caught the 8 before to go where they needed. I was getting of at the end so I didn't need any help myself. We were a bit late due to traffic so the Driver put his foot down on the faster sections Bus didn't rattle much and for the hour I was on I sat at the back right handside I had plenty of room to move my legs I am almost 6'0 foot didn't feel my bum or legs going numb. Over one of the Canal bridges after Clayhanger It felt fun to go over. Ik B7's don't offer much to the spotter but I'm not sure but when the Driver was putting his foot down I heard a small whistle/hiss maybe a Turbo. Surprised the B7 could handle some of the narrow lanes. Must say what a nice route the 8 is I can go from Urban area to Staffordshire Countryside within minutes. 

856 was my third Bus to Pelsall Fingerpost needed to use the loo. E200's do rattle but this felt nippy on the country lanes I would imagine smaller wheelbase helps, Driver didn't need to have much interaction and I can't remember much as I was chatting to a passenger and was In a state of sheer joy after watching My local football team get promoted to Step 4 of the Non League game and I was 3 pints deep and full of passion, shock and adrenaline

Fourth bus from Walsall Road the Bungalow a few stops after the Cenotaph in Pelsall as I decided to try and walk into Rushall to get another bus back into Walsall was 2143 seemed fairly busy, again does what a B7 does chatted to Darlo fans. Overall I expected to feel drained and tired after spending about 2 and half hours on buses but I wasn't the Number 8 is possibly one of the most scenic routes I have caught decent route, I dreaded an E200 at first being on one for an hour as I had planned If it wasn't for my Bladder I would have and honestly it would have been fine maybe I'll try it when I ay running on emotional joy and 3 pints.

But overall I really do like the B7's there reliable, Comfortable, Well Built have speed or a boost of power when the driver does need it. They feel spacious and still quite new and I do like the look of them and the E200 was decent to. A Voith one might have not been good as I tend to think they jolt and shudder a lot more than the ZF's I say the E200 rattled it didn't as much as some of the Voith ones which I know were slated when they first entered service
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Danthebusman

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 10:17:43 PMHere is my review of the B7's and E200 I rode to Lichfield and back yesterday. The first B7 was 2138 on the 34 driver drove proffesionally considering Pleck has some truly awful drivers and this time was no different, he slowed for an indescive passenger just after Darlaston who didn't signal him to stop so he carried on another passenger didn't stand at the curb and put there arm out but tried to stop him without moving before shaking there head. I heard the indicator applied and the brakes pressed not the drivers fault you didn't signal clearly. Bus didn't seem to rattle much. The B7's feel well built haven't aged much and I do prefer them to the Omnilinks because they feel more spacious as 2138 had most of it's Seats taken.

My next bus was 2123 driver was a nice guy helped some people with how to get to a Morrisons somewhere inbetween Brownhills and Lichfield, helped a lot of people who had probably not caught the 8 before to go where they needed. I was getting of at the end so I didn't need any help myself. We were a bit late due to traffic so the Driver put his foot down on the faster sections Bus didn't rattle much and for the hour I was on I sat at the back right handside I had plenty of room to move my legs I am almost 6'0 foot didn't feel my bum or legs going numb. Over one of the Canal bridges after Clayhanger It felt fun to go over. Ik B7's don't offer much to the spotter but I'm not sure but when the Driver was putting his foot down I heard a small whistle/hiss maybe a Turbo. Surprised the B7 could handle some of the narrow lanes. Must say what a nice route the 8 is I can go from Urban area to Staffordshire Countryside within minutes.

856 was my third Bus to Pelsall Fingerpost needed to use the loo. E200's do rattle but this felt nippy on the country lanes I would imagine smaller wheelbase helps, Driver didn't need to have much interaction and I can't remember much as I was chatting to a passenger and was In a state of sheer joy after watching My local football team get promoted to Step 4 of the Non League game and I was 3 pints deep and full of passion, shock and adrenaline

Fourth bus from Walsall Road the Bungalow a few stops after the Cenotaph in Pelsall as I decided to try and walk into Rushall to get another bus back into Walsall was 2143 seemed fairly busy, again does what a B7 does chatted to Darlo fans. Overall I expected to feel drained and tired after spending about 2 and half hours on buses but I wasn't the Number 8 is possibly one of the most scenic routes I have caught decent route, I dreaded an E200 at first being on one for an hour as I had planned If it wasn't for my Bladder I would have and honestly it would have been fine maybe I'll try it when I ay running on emotional joy and 3 pints.

But overall I really do like the B7's there reliable, Comfortable, Well Built have speed or a boost of power when the driver does need it. They feel spacious and still quite new and I do like the look of them and the E200 was decent to. A Voith one might have not been good as I tend to think they jolt and shudder a lot more than the ZF's I say the E200 rattled it didn't as much as some of the Voith ones which I know were slated when they first entered service
E200s definitely notorious for how rattly they are, exact reason I dislike them to be honest, but they can be fast if you put your foot down, a lot of them are used here in Coventry on the 85 that goes to Rugby, I have been on a few E200s on this particular route and, except the usual rattling, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. I gotta say though I definitely prefer B7s over E200s, slightly faster acceleration, more spacious and a lot quieter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk