News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social distancing on buses, post Lockdown.

Started by ellspurs, May 27, 2020, 03:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on June 05, 2020, 12:25:58 PM
Where did you buy it & how much
I have just tried to post the link from Amazon  for you @Steveminor but sadly its been removed for some reason.

JoNi

Mandating the wearing of face coverings on public transport was a way of softening up attitudes as it has just been announced they will be mandated for all visitors and staff at hospitals.
This is another location where you can have someone on the entrance.
Shops would be a straight forward next step for "masking"!

ellspurs

Quote from: JoNi on June 05, 2020, 05:42:37 PM
Mandating the wearing of face coverings on public transport was a way of softening up attitudes as it has just been announced they will be mandated for all visitors and staff at hospitals.
This is another location where you can have someone on the entrance.
Shops would be a straight forward next step for "masking"!

The BMI are already petitioning the government to extend the masking to all internal areas where social distancing could be difficult, according to the Radio 2 news today.

the trainbasher

Quote from: ellspurs on June 05, 2020, 07:02:31 PM
The BMI are already petitioning the government to extend the masking to all internal areas where social distancing could be difficult, according to the Radio 2 news today.

So theoretically I could sit outside Stourbridge Bus Station and not be required to wear a face covering, yet if I needed to use the lavatory there I could be required to wear one.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Gareth

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 06, 2020, 07:59:42 PM
So theoretically I could sit outside Stourbridge Bus Station and not be required to wear a face covering, yet if I needed to use the lavatory there I could be required to wear one.

If that does ever become the rules, then yes. As one is inside and one is outside.

WyreForestShuttle

Tom

Government guidance has come through industry trade bodies.  The guidance has been moving around a little. We have put out a statement on social media and our website, which tries to mirror the guidance provided.

In essence, the government is trying to create an expectation on people, and there is an acceptance that there will be people who cannot comply due to a variety of reasons

Simon

I do not want to post on @Simon Dunn  own thread.

Mr Dunn is quite correct as always I personally did undertake the consultation with the DfT on face coverings.

The onus is on the public to accept the rules which are of benefit for all users of public transport.

The new guidelines are to keep us safe

Under the regulations due to my ongoing treatment for Tounge Cancer at QEHB I am exempted from the regulations .

However as I am not able to wear a mask as such throughout my treatment I have worn a hoodie with a snood built in to cover the mouth.

I do think that drivers from all operators will face challenging decisions from tomorrow

An idea must surely be to issue anyone "who has a justifiable reason for not wearing one on the grounds of health or a disability" with an exemption pass which can be shown to the drivers and police - With the pass being issued on supplying evidence of their condition.

Surely this will make it much easier and it would clearly highlight who is not wearing one because they are unable to and who is not wearing one because they simply don't want to. Hence making it a little easier to enforce.
And it would presumably make it easier for the passenger as well, as there would be no sort of discomfort where a driver is telling someone with an exception they should be wearing a mask.

Until something such as issuing a pass is done I think it would be very hard to enforce this at all to be honest.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2206 on June 14, 2020, 10:22:22 PM
An idea must surely be to issue anyone "who has a justifiable reason for not wearing one on the grounds of health or a disability" with an exemption pass which can be shown to the drivers and police - With the pass being issued on supplying evidence of their condition.

Surely this will make it much easier and it would clearly highlight who is not wearing one because they are unable to and who is not wearing one because they simply don't want to. Hence making it a little easier to enforce.
And it would presumably make it easier for the passenger as well, as there would be no sort of discomfort where a driver is telling someone with an exception they should be wearing a mask.

Until something such as issuing a pass is done I think it would be very hard to enforce this at all to be honest.
@2206 wake up & join the real world I have a letter from the CCG & a text on my phone to prove my exemption stop making stupid statements when you are not aware of the facts you belittling exemption holders such as myself

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 14, 2020, 11:57:37 PM
@2206 wake up & join the real world I have a letter from the CCG & a text on my phone to prove my exemption stop making stupid statements when you are not aware of the facts you belittling exemption holders such as myself
I disagree.
And I don't see the need to be rude about it either.
I was going of comments on the NX Bus facebook page. There seems to be an awful amount of unclarity on this.

So I will post these comments here:
"Hayley Selina Cox Question
Am I going to be refused entry on to buses if i dont have a face covering? Im a key worker and i use the bus everyday. I have not worn one up until now. But i dont want to get on the bus tp be told i need a face covering. I cant have my face covered as it triggers my anxiety."

"Me and my husband have official autism cards and landyards and I have my inhalers and spacer for my inhalers, can they be used as proof so we don't need to wear a face mask as a doctors letter cost £50 for my husband from his doctors and it will take 2 weeks to come and it will cost £50 for a letter from my doctors and we haven't got that sort of money"

"Lynda Marie I'd carry a card with pleasure (I'm asthmatic) but as none have been supplied yet 🤷‍♀️ I can prove it by showing the driver my medication which I carry with me all the time but its not very practical"

https://www.facebook.com/pg/nxwestmidlands/posts/?ref=page_internal

A pass/card would prove these peoples conditions to the driver and there wouldn't be any discomfort that way.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richie

Not necessarily, if you have an anxiety problem for instance you would not have been told you don't need a face covering.

Your very pigheaded.

WyreForestShuttle

If you are a disabled person and are known to your GP or Hospital or H M Government you would be the holder of a concessionry bus  pass to be shown to the driver of any operator such as First Worcester in England.

If you are not a concessionary disabled bus pass holder you should contact your local authority in England at the earliest opportunity if you are entitled as an disabled person by H M GOVERNMENT  your Local Authority will ensure there is no charge for proof of exemption.

I trust this clarifrity's matters.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 15, 2020, 12:37:54 AM
If you are a disabled person and are known to your GP or Hospital or H M Government you would be the holder of a concessionry bus  pass to be shown to the driver of any operator such as First Worcester in England.

If you are not a concessionary disabled bus pass holder you should contact your local authority in England at the earliest opportunity if you are entitled as an disabled person by H M GOVERNMENT  your Local Authority will ensure there is no charge for proof of exemption.

I trust this clarifrity's matters.

Well actually you don't show it to the driver  on First you have to scan it. Unless I'm mistaken and Sl'some First' operations still work to the old legislation? I know certain companies still say to show it to the driver, but most big companies First being one of them have new ticket machines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk