News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hinckley Bus

Started by leepenfold30, November 27, 2013, 08:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Any idea what buses will be used on the new Nuneaton  services

Grinder

Not all Arriva subsidaries use corporate blue, another is Yorkshire Tiger aka Centrebus Holdings.

Arriva press release
09 Sep 2013
Centrebus (Holdings) Limited
Arriva's joint venture partners in Centrebus (Holdings) Limited, which was formed in 2008, have decided to leave making Arriva the sole operator of the business.
The business operates 152 vehicles and employs 360 people in West Yorkshire and Hinckley. The operations in West Yorkshire will be led by business director Martin Gilbert and the Hinckley operation will report into Arriva's Midlands region.
Arriva has confirmed that it is business as usual for customers and employees, with no planned changes to fares and service levels, or to day-to-day operations.
Note: Arriva has no involvement in Centrebus Limited operations (Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Luton, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire).

Dennis

Quote from: Grinder on May 12, 2018, 07:47:23 AM
Not all Arriva subsidaries use corporate blue, another is Yorkshire Tiger aka Centrebus Holdings.

Arriva press release
09 Sep 2013
Centrebus (Holdings) Limited
Arriva's joint venture partners in Centrebus (Holdings) Limited, which was formed in 2008, have decided to leave making Arriva the sole operator of the business.
The business operates 152 vehicles and employs 360 people in West Yorkshire and Hinckley. The operations in West Yorkshire will be led by business director Martin Gilbert and the Hinckley operation will report into Arriva's Midlands region.
Arriva has confirmed that it is business as usual for customers and employees, with no planned changes to fares and service levels, or to day-to-day operations.
Note: Arriva has no involvement in Centrebus Limited operations (Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Luton, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire).

As I've already said, the buses will be blue

leepenfold30

Only 3 Red Buses left at Hinckley 2170 2503 2570 the rest all in Arriva Colours

Hinckley have got buses on loan to them at moment 2407 2409 2527 2274

mikestone

Timetable leaflet for X84 makes no mention of Hinkleybus as far as I could see, bus working it had Centrebus paper legals
,  which is more than could be said for 2409 on the 7 in Nuneaton.

Dennis

Quote from: mikestone on May 17, 2018, 08:52:03 AM
Timetable leaflet for X84 makes no mention of Hinkleybus as far as I could see, bus working it had Centrebus paper legals
,  which is more than could be said for 2409 on the 7 in Nuneaton.

The X84 has never carried the Hinckleybus brand, it forms a common headway with the 84 and has had Arriva branded buses and leaflets since it was launched.

Straightlines

Quote from: Dennis on May 17, 2018, 09:11:37 PM
The X84 has never carried the Hinckleybus brand

Only all over the side of the Buses last year then... No wonder passengers get confused!

Dennis

Quote from: Straightlines on May 17, 2018, 09:17:15 PM
Only all over the side of the Buses last year then... No wonder passengers get confused!

It wasn't all over the side of the X84 vehicles. The allocation for this route since inception has been Arriva branded Cadets, then Versas, then Streetlites.

The other Hinckleybus services carried the red livery which has been discontinued since the new livery was announced.

Straightlines

Quote from: Dennis on May 18, 2018, 07:44:59 PM
It wasn't all over the side of the X84 vehicles. The allocation for this route since inception has been Arriva branded Cadets, then Versas, then Streetlites.

The other Hinckleybus services carried the red livery which has been discontinued since the new livery was announced.

A quick search of 'Hinckley Bus X84' on Google images shows several HinckleyBus logo Cadets, Darts and Solos all operating the X84 Service...

The joys of Ivory Towers...

Dennis

Quote from: Straightlines on May 19, 2018, 12:54:06 AM
A quick search of 'Hinckley Bus X84' on Google images shows several HinckleyBus logo Cadets, Darts and Solos all operating the X84 Service...

The joys of Ivory Towers...

Hardly an ivory tower, just not basing my statements on second hand information I've read on the internet. And, having done the Google search you suggest, I find the vast majority of photos depict Arriva branded buses.

The allocated vehicles for X84 are all (and always have been) Arriva branded; perhaps you should start a "noteworthy workings" thread for "hi" branded vehicles on this route? Particularly as there's so few left in operation.

Straightlines

Quote from: Dennis on May 19, 2018, 08:38:20 AM
Hardly an ivory tower, just not basing my statements on second hand information I've read on the internet. And, having done the Google search you suggest, I find the vast majority of photos depict Arriva branded buses.

The allocated vehicles for X84 are all (and always have been) Arriva branded; perhaps you should start a "noteworthy workings" thread for "hi" branded vehicles on this route? Particularly as there's so few left in operation.

As I said, last year the case was certainly different and based on first hand sightings and even usage of this service.

Similarly, the same levels of confusion now occur by the local Buses in Hinckley now being branded as Arriva and not Hinckleybus - Why not just brand it all as Arriva?  It has always felt very low cost and an operation that Arriva almost seem to shy away from having any ownership or responsibility for.

Dennis

Quote from: Straightlines on May 19, 2018, 02:03:31 PM
As I said, last year the case was certainly different and based on first hand sightings and even usage of this service.

Similarly, the same levels of confusion now occur by the local Buses in Hinckley now being branded as Arriva and not Hinckleybus - Why not just brand it all as Arriva?  It has always felt very low cost and an operation that Arriva almost seem to shy away from having any ownership or responsibility for.

1) "It has always felt like a low cost operation" - might that be because it was a low cost operation?

2) "Why not just brand it all as Arriva" - it is currently being rebranded to Arriva. Lee has already told you that only three vehicles retain the red livery.

Straightlines

Quote from: Dennis on May 19, 2018, 06:44:00 PM
1) "It has always felt like a low cost operation" - might that be because it was a low cost operation?

2) "Why not just brand it all as Arriva" - it is currently being rebranded to Arriva. Lee has already told you that only three vehicles retain the red livery.

I'm glad you agree it's low cost and I wish you well in your rebranding exercise which in turn will hopefully bring positive changes to the Bus Service in Hinckley.

At the moment it looks a mess and the Hinckley website makes no mention of said rebrand. In fairness not that the passengers will be confused or probably even care, they have received a substandard service for a very long time by both yourselves and the predecessor operation.

Dennis

Quote from: Straightlines on May 20, 2018, 09:37:48 PM
I'm glad you agree it's low cost and I wish you well in your rebranding exercise which in turn will hopefully bring positive changes to the Bus Service in Hinckley.

At the moment it looks a mess and the Hinckley website makes no mention of said rebrand. In fairness not that the passengers will be confused or probably even care, they have received a substandard service for a very long time by both yourselves and the predecessor operation.

I think you're labouring under a misconception, I don't work there LOL

Solo1

Found this on Facebook about the new service takin over from  De  courcey https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1916074348683129&id=1577430979214136

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk