News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leicesterbusadventurer

I'm going to make a prediction that the 3 Geminis and the 2 B7RLEs (original) will be gone by the end of this month.

LazyGuy222

The PVR of both the 13 and 18 will increase up to 3 (13) and 5 (18), with the 13 having a service every 20 minutes and the 18 up to every 12 minutes, during the morning and afternoon peaks.
With Churchgate and Haymarket pedestrianised, they now take a new route down Mansfield Street.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on October 16, 2020, 05:20:59 PM
The PVR of both the 13 and 18 will increase up to 3 (13) and 5 (18), with the 13 having a service every 20 minutes and the 18 up to every 12 minutes, during the morning and afternoon peaks.
With Churchgate and Haymarket pedestrianised, they now take a new route down Mansfield Street.

I believe this could potentially free up a double decker.. as I guess the increased to 20 minutes on 13 will mean they no longer need to run the double decker to keep up demand. Although could be wrong, as according to their app, even decker runs full at peak (4.20 & 5.20pm)!

Mayfield

SN12AHA heading south this afternoon on M1 near LFE services then I believe on to the M69, it is in full 14 livery
But totally devoid of any logos and fleet numbers, any idea where it would have been going ?

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on October 23, 2020, 06:23:10 PM
SN12AHA heading south this afternoon on M1 near LFE services then I believe on to the M69, it is in full 14 livery
But totally devoid of any logos and fleet numbers, any idea where it would have been going ?

Probably Graysons at Tyseley

leicesterbusadventurer

After 5 years in Cornwall, former Leicester ALX400 32097 is now owned by Redline Travel in Penwortham, Preston. It is now registered YIL 6982.

willr7

69442 hasn't been out for a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if it's it in for a repaint? Maybe a candidate for the 'Spare bus' livery already used at Worcester & the Potteries...

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: willr7 on November 07, 2020, 09:01:02 AM
69442 hasn't been out for a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if it's it in for a repaint? Maybe a candidate for the 'Spare bus' livery already used at Worcester & the Potteries...

Gone for repaint.. should be for service 17.. (or at least that was what was planned back when they first painted service 18/88's etc).

I don't really think much to the spare bus livery.. and I think that should arrive last if anything! They need to brand / paint the rest of the buses otherwise it doesn't really make sense.
Fuscia is ok for "spare" if you ask me!

willr7

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on November 07, 2020, 12:12:15 PM
Gone for repaint.. should be for service 17.. (or at least that was what was planned back when they first painted service 18/88's etc).

I don't really think much to the spare bus livery.. and I think that should arrive last if anything! They need to brand / paint the rest of the buses otherwise it doesn't really make sense.
Fuscia is ok for "spare" if you ask me!

Thanks! The 17 uses 2 buses doesn't it? I wonder what other vehicle they could paint up for it...

Also, am I correct in saying there were plans to brand up the ex WoE StreetLite's for the 38/38A too?

Regarding the spare bus livery. I think a lot of people (including me) share your view on it. They tend to end up on any route on the network, not just the branded routes!

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: willr7 on November 07, 2020, 02:04:26 PM
Thanks! The 17 uses 2 buses doesn't it? I wonder what other vehicle they could paint up for it...

Also, am I correct in saying there were plans to brand up the ex WoE StreetLite's for the 38/38A too?

Regarding the spare bus livery. I think a lot of people (including me) share your view on it. They tend to end up on any route on the network, not just the branded routes!

I believe the plan is to eventually brand all of the network! Leicester to have a full branded network back in the day's of Barbie.. so I guess, that's the plan eventually. However it's going to take some time to do it all.
As for 17, I'm not sure which other bus (or if that bus) will be branded!
I'm thinking.. Service 12 only uses 1 bus, and with Frequent Fourteens branded.. maybe it'll become a dark blue / indigo colour for 12?

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on November 08, 2020, 11:49:58 AM
I believe the plan is to eventually brand all of the network! Leicester to have a full branded network back in the day's of Barbie.. so I guess, that's the plan eventually. However it's going to take some time to do it all.
As for 17, I'm not sure which other bus (or if that bus) will be branded!
I'm thinking.. Service 12 only uses 1 bus, and with Frequent Fourteens branded.. maybe it'll become a dark blue / indigo colour for 12?
The 12, pre-Covid, was half-hourly, so when everything is back to normal, should use 2 vehicles.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on November 08, 2020, 12:49:11 PM
The 12, pre-Covid, was half-hourly, so when everything is back to normal, should use 2 vehicles.

Numbers on 12 have always been low. So I think 12 would probably stay at hourly even after all this covid! I mean even now (pre 2nd lockdown) the bus isn't full.. so when it's able to run at full capacity, probably wouldn't be viable?
Could be wrong.

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on November 08, 2020, 11:58:56 PM
Numbers on 12 have always been low. So I think 12 would probably stay at hourly even after all this covid! I mean even now (pre 2nd lockdown) the bus isn't full.. so when it's able to run at full capacity, probably wouldn't be viable?
Could be wrong.
It is a fairly useless route to be fair, and wouldn't surprise me if First cut it like they did with the 20. It's more or less covered by the 14, just rather than Aikman Avenue, it goes down Stevenson Drive, and goes direct down Liberty Road. It does mean Park Rise wouldn't be served if it were to be scrapped, but it would only be a 5 minute walk to either the 14 or even the 18, and both are a lot more frequent.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on November 09, 2020, 12:25:59 AM
It is a fairly useless route to be fair, and wouldn't surprise me if First cut it like they did with the 20. It's more or less covered by the 14, just rather than Aikman Avenue, it goes down Stevenson Drive, and goes direct down Liberty Road. It does mean Park Rise wouldn't be served if it were to be scrapped, but it would only be a 5 minute walk to either the 14 or even the 18, and both are a lot more frequent.

Stephenson Drive / Pindar Road are where most people get on.
Liberty Road, people always run over to 14 if they see that coming..
Park Rise, doesn't seem that busy, when I've seen it in person.

It wouldn't surprise me if they changed it to terminate in New Parks somewhere so it serves Pindar Road / Stephenson Drive. But then just operated a 14 every hour around Park Rise.. (They used to do this on Sunday's before!).

But, yes, could become a 20 and Be scrapped. Although, maybe hourly works? I mean First have had number 12 for a very long time (20+ years!).

Glenfieldmathk1

Possible last week for 32646 this week. Heard a rumour from an inside source!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk