News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Tony on September 28, 2020, 04:45:50 PM
Works for me, a group called First Bus Enthusiast if you want to search for it
It's a private group, and I don't join enthusiast groups on FB for personal reasons.

xmj-signal

There's a couple of photos of 33693 in the new livery in a couple of posts on the Leicester Transport Heritage Trust Facebook page - it's a public group so you'll be able to access it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/143389412374259/

Actually, it doesn't look as bad as I expected!

Mike T.

DD12

Presumably, 33693 etc, must be Euro6 compliant  --  --  have they been Euro6 from new - or does anyone know if they have been upgraded ??
Thanks.

MW

Quote from: DD12 on September 29, 2020, 01:18:08 PM
Presumably, 33693 etc, must be Euro6 compliant  --  --  have they been Euro6 from new - or does anyone know if they have been upgraded ??
Thanks.

A '12' plate Enviro 400 wouldn't have been Euro 6 from new. It would have been Euro 5.

Everything MMC onwards is Euro 6 from new.

LazyGuy222

That is a rather nice striking livery - does anyone know if there are any plans to repaint any of the 22's/54's Streetdecks into one of these newer, more striking liveries?

Mayfield

Does this class as an upgrade, remove 5 year old ones and replace them with 8 year old ones with a fresh lick of paint.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Mayfield on September 29, 2020, 04:09:05 PM
Does this class as an upgrade, remove 5 year old ones and replace them with 8 year old ones with a fresh lick of paint.
At least the vehicles are just 3 years older than what they're replacing, and not 10 like what happened with the 13 a few years ago.

DD12

Quote from: MW on September 29, 2020, 01:24:40 PM
A '12' plate Enviro 400 wouldn't have been Euro 6 from new. It would have been Euro 5.

Thanks v.much MW !!

DD12

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on September 29, 2020, 04:58:30 PM
At least the vehicles are just 3 years older than what they're replacing, and not 10 like what happened with the 13 a few years ago.

Are you thinking that Leicester are losing those StreetDecks ??

( - Sorry if I'm muddled !!)

Tony

Quote from: MW on September 29, 2020, 01:24:40 PM

Yes, you cannot fit a euro 6 engine in either an E200 or E400 hence the curved rear ends on the MMCs to accommodate the larger engine

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: DD12 on September 29, 2020, 07:56:30 PM
Are you thinking that Leicester are losing those StreetDecks ??

( - Sorry if I'm muddled !!)
They're not going anywhere, just being relegated to spares I believe to replace the Geminis. I was referring to when they removed the Glenfield branding from the 2 Streetlites and applied it to the 2 B7RLEs, both of which now gone of course.

DD12

Quote from: Tony on September 29, 2020, 08:02:04 PM
Yes, you cannot fit a euro 6 engine in either an E200 or E400 hence the curved rear ends on the MMCs to accommodate the larger engine

So these E400s repainted for the 14 are Euro 5 then (?) despite Leicester expecting to have a Clean Air Zone fairly soon ??

( - Sorry if if I've got it wrong).

Glenfieldmathk1

They will be "retrofitted" / converted to Euro 6 Equivalent (the same thing they are / have done to the Saffron and Braunstone bus vehicles).
It sees a change to the exhaust and some kind of adjustment in the engine (although I don't know exact details)

No, these aren't dispersing Streetdecks.
All Streetdecks branded for 14/A are staying branded for 14/A.. these E400's are accompanying them (there's only 2 out so far, 5 more to come). (There's 12-13 buses out on 14/14A during main Monday to Friday!) currently they use single deckers and the non route branded Streetdecks.. so I guess this will free up those Streetdecks. But also allow some of the 02 singles to become retired!

By the end of the year the 3 geminis will be leaving, only then (I guess) will the Streetdecks for 14/A be de branded!

DD12

Thanks for that info Glenfieldmathk1  !!

LazyGuy222

66838 has become a training bus and has been repainted into a new livery.

In the comments of the LTHT FB page under the post of the Arriva E200MMC if anyone wants to have a look: https://m.facebook.com/groups/143389412374259

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk