News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on August 30, 2020, 07:11:22 PM
Does anybody know what's happening to 35174, has It been scrapped or will it be repaired, been off the road for months now but still shows on the fleet list.

It's listed as 'Long term reserve' on the company fleetlist, not 'end of life' First use for vehicles waiting sale, so presumabl is planned for repair

Rich-82

Quote from: Mayfield on August 30, 2020, 07:11:22 PM
Does anybody know what's happening to 35174, has It been scrapped or will it be repaired, been off the road for months now but still shows on the fleet list.
as Tony said said it is planned to be repaired i have seen a picture of it with the top deck all covered up back in storage at Wright Bus in NI but this was before the problems with Wright Bus came up

Mayfield

Thanks for reply, this happened way before Wrights issues (nov 18) Seems strange nothing has happens when on the face of it the damage does not look that bad for a bridge accident.

LazyGuy222

Tony, I don't suppose you know what the issue with 63353 is do you? Hasn't seen service since November and has been sitting at the front of the depot with many side panels missing ever since. It's probably an engine fault or something but 9 and a half months is a long time for it to be off the road.

Rich-82

Quote from: Mayfield on August 30, 2020, 08:58:36 PM
Thanks for reply, this happened way before Wrights issues (nov 18) Seems strange nothing has happens when on the face of it the damage does not look that bad for a bridge accident.
i think it will depend on any other damage substained as i recall watching some video footage of the bridge strike and as far as i know it hit the bridge with some force

xmj-signal

Quote from: xmj-signal on August 26, 2020, 08:27:21 PM
Has anyone actually viewed 69250 in service?

Answering myself here - been into town this morning and viewed 69250 on 88A's. Also, 69305 was out, working on early 88's. It came in on 0905 from Eyres Monsell but didn't work back out on 0946 to Eyres Monsell (the journey didn't run at all) and was then replaced by 69382 on the next journey on the board (1058 to Eyres Monsell) so presumably a problem with the bus.

88/88A had 10 Saffron-liveried vehicles (69305 replaced by 69382 so all 11 actually worked today) and 63250 which is still not tracking on Bustimes.

Mike T.

LazyGuy222

Anyone know why 32644 is apparently 32 late and has been sitting on Trevino Drive for that time period?

DD12

Can anyone confirm that the seven E400s from "up-north" are now at Leicester, please.

( - and being worked-on ??)

leicesterbusadventurer

66970 is now in service in Colchester.

leicesterbusadventurer

A further Volvo update confirms that 66311 is now working in Worcester, 66840 now in service in Norwich, I assume from that picture I saw it of on the back of a truck enroute to Thornton's it has now been given the pink line livery. 66820 has joined many others in Doncaster with 66805 believed to be there as well. 66971 has left West Yorkshire, where it ran still complete with Leicester branding, but it has now been removed and joined 66970 in Colchester. 66972-66975 are all now driver trainers in West Yorkshire. 66851 is also believed to be in West Yorkshire.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: DD12 on September 12, 2020, 12:09:35 PM
Can anyone confirm that the seven E400s from "up-north" are now at Leicester, please.

( - and being worked-on ??)
Hi, I'm new here! I live in Leicester, and live on a First bus route (number 13).
I've been following this forum for many years, just never joined (until now!).

There was a post on Facebook showing the new (old) E400's, of which 2 of the 7 are now in Leicester, in a multi tone Orange livery (similar to Braunstone Bus / Saffron's all over design). 1 has been branded fully, showing Frequent Fourteen's as the branding!
All 7 are expected to be orange, with the two already in Leicester due very soon on the road.

For now the 14/A branded Streetdeck are staying in current 14/A branding too. (I guess until the 3 Geminis leave to Worcester).

I guess most of you here don't follow the Facebook groups? Seems to be best place for recent updates! Even Nigel responds to many comments / posts there!

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on September 28, 2020, 10:02:01 AM
Hi, I'm new here! I live in Leicester, and live on a First bus route (number 13).
I've been following this forum for many years, just never joined (until now!).

There was a post on Facebook showing the new (old) E400's, of which 2 of the 7 are now in Leicester, in a multi tone Orange livery (similar to Braunstone Bus / Saffron's all over design). 1 has been branded fully, showing Frequent Fourteen's as the branding!
All 7 are expected to be orange, with the two already in Leicester due very soon on the road.

For now the 14/A branded Streetdeck are staying in current 14/A branding too. (I guess until the 3 Geminis leave to Worcester).

I guess most of you here don't follow the Facebook groups? Seems to be best place for recent updates! Even Nigel responds to many comments / posts there!
Can you share a link? All the pages I followed got shut down in the last year or two.

Glenfieldmathk1

Not sure if I can post a picture from Facebook here, as it's not mine.
But it's pictured today in Haymarket! Typical bus times website isn't tracking any first buses (that site has been hit and miss the past few months).
Best Facebook Group (which I've posted to many times.. Nigel comments on.. has these new 14's): https://www.facebook.com/groups/623687697717684/?ref=share

The new Livery is 3 tone Orange (light orange, Centrebus orange, and a sort of brown/orange).
Front and above the door says "upto every 6 minutes between New Parks & City Centre".
The front below the window is the "Frequent Fourteens" - At the side towards the back (passenger side) is a blue stripe with the writing: "To and from Glenfield Hospital". The back has a similar map to the back of the 25/26's street lites.. showing the line from city to new parks, then spur for Ryder Road for 14, and Glenfield hospital and Beaumont centre for 14A.
There's a very small "From First" logo to the side too.

I think it looks lovely! 👍

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on September 28, 2020, 04:07:21 PM
Not sure if I can post a picture from Facebook here, as it's not mine.
But it's pictured today in Haymarket! Typical bus times website isn't tracking any first buses (that site has been hit and miss the past few months).
Best Facebook Group (which I've posted to many times.. Nigel comments on.. has these new 14's): https://www.facebook.com/groups/623687697717684/?ref=share

The new Livery is 3 tone Orange (light orange, Centrebus orange, and a sort of brown/orange).
Front and above the door says "upto every 6 minutes between New Parks & City Centre".
The front below the window is the "Frequent Fourteens" - At the side towards the back (passenger side) is a blue stripe with the writing: "To and from Glenfield Hospital". The back has a similar map to the back of the 25/26's street lites.. showing the line from city to new parks, then spur for Ryder Road for 14, and Glenfield hospital and Beaumont centre for 14A.
There's a very small "From First" logo to the side too.

I think it looks lovely! 👍
That link doesn't work

Tony

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on September 28, 2020, 04:16:14 PM
That link doesn't work

Works for me, a group called First Bus Enthusiast if you want to search for it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk