News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyGuy222

35171 hasn't seen service since the 12th. Anyone know what's going on with itself and 35152/3?

LazyGuy222

69440 has entered service again today, also on the 18. 69441 is still being repainted, so I imagine it won't be long until 69442 go for repaint.

leicesterbusadventurer

Unbelievable. First are scrapping the 20 from the 20th October.

LazyGuy222

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on October 01, 2019, 09:45:18 PM
Unbelievable. First are scrapping the 20 from the 20th October.
To be fair to them it never had many passengers except to the Infirmary and back, and that's what the 88/A is for.
It's a shame arriva couldn't take it over, as I now hate Centrebus for a passion

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on October 02, 2019, 07:32:27 AM
To be fair to them it never had many passengers except to the Infirmary and back, and that's what the 88/A is for.
It's a shame arriva couldn't take it over, as I now hate Centrebus for a passion
Yep, I have done for years, and they should never have re-routed it last year. I bet the slower route and the cut frequency made more people walk to Hinckley Road or Fosse Road to get other services. Mind you, this and the withdrawal of the 19 last year left just the 50 and 51 to tackle that busy part of Narborough Road and I don't think they've coped too well.

47609FireFly

You hate a company with a passion who are coming in to provide a commercial service, without public subsidy, to an area that First are withdrawing from? That's one of the most irrational statements I've come across! I'm sure you armchair experts have all the facts at your disposal such as revenue / passengers per hour / mile.

Meanwhile, 69382 and 69384 have arrived at Leicester's Abbey Lane depot from Cymru.

LazyGuy222

Quote from: 47609FireFly on October 03, 2019, 10:14:29 AM
You hate a company with a passion who are coming in to provide a commercial service, without public subsidy, to an area that First are withdrawing from? That's one of the most irrational statements I've come across! I'm sure you armchair experts have all the facts at your disposal such as revenue / passengers per hour / mile.

Meanwhile, 69382 and 69384 have arrived at Leicester's Abbey Lane depot from Cymru.

I don't hate Centrebus for that reason. I think that's it good that the service isn't being cut completely. What I hate is their driving standard and customer service.

leicesterbusadventurer

Be interesting to see what they're for and if sisters are joining. In other news, 69441 is also back from repaint and 35186 is back from its accident.

leicesterbusadventurer

66839 has caught fire this morning. It occurred outside Scraptoft Valley Primary School.

LazyGuy222

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on October 14, 2019, 11:17:25 AM
66839 has caught fire this morning. It occurred outside Scraptoft Valley Primary School.
Oh dear. There's another one gone.

leicesterbusadventurer

Yep. I keep forgetting to say but 66314 and 66321 have also left the fleet (been removed from bustimes anyway).

Tony

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on October 14, 2019, 07:40:46 PM
Yep. I keep forgetting to say but 66314 and 66321 have also left the fleet (been removed from bustimes anyway).

They haven't left the fleet, they are still allocated to Leicester, but are in reserve according to the fleetlist I ahve just received from First

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2019, 07:48:16 PM
They haven't left the fleet, they are still allocated to Leicester, but are in reserve according to the fleetlist I ahve just received from First
May I ask how you receive these directly from First?

Tony

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on October 16, 2019, 12:26:49 AM
May I ask how you receive these directly from First?

I get it thanks to contacts I have made in 41 years working in the industry. First in general do not release it to enthusiasts. The copy I get is one First send to their tyre supplier.

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Tony on October 16, 2019, 09:28:23 AM
I get it thanks to contacts I have made in 41 years working in the industry. First in general do not release it to enthusiasts. The copy I get is one First send to their tyre supplier.
Oh, lucky you!

May I ask if there are any other unheard fleet changes, if you can say?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk