News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willr7

Leicester might also get Worcester's 9 StreetLite Max's (to help replace the older B7L's?)
In return Worcester should be receiving 9 more Mercedes Citaro's to replace them.

47609FireFly

Quote from: DD12 on May 21, 2019, 01:30:47 PM
Thanks very much FireFly for your reply.

However, I am confused  --  --  do you mean that it is in the Leicester list because of an error / discrepancy (because of how the bustimes.org site "doesn't work perfectly"), or do you believe that it is due to transfer to Leicester ??

Thanks.

As I understand it, 36221, and three sister buses, are due to transfer to Leicester in time.

It is on the bus times list prematurely because of how a vehicle fleet list needs to be supplied to the real time organisation, to make real time work. I would imagine the operator of 'bustimes.org' has copied it across to Leicester's list despite it never having worked in Leicester.

47609FireFly

Quote from: John on May 21, 2019, 02:16:53 PM
There are a few new StreetLites on that list which are supposed to coming to Leicester too, not tracking yet so these might also have arrived or are imminent arrivals

They are eventual arrivals, but NONE have arrived yet.

47609FireFly

Quote from: willr7 on May 21, 2019, 05:15:31 PM
Leicester might also get Worcester's 9 StreetLite Max's (to help replace the older B7L's?)
In return Worcester should be receiving 9 more Mercedes Citaro's to replace them.

Don't think so regarding Worcester buses to Leicester.

47609FireFly

66847 has now transferred to Doncaster.

DD12

Thanks v.much FireFly for the clarification and extra info. !
:)

DD12

Which was the StreetDeck that collided with a low bridge please,
  --  and has it been repaired yet (anyone) ??

Thanks.

markcf83

Quote from: willr7 on May 21, 2019, 05:15:31 PM
Don't think Slough have any spare Mercedes Citaros. Total non runner for me.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

willr7

Quote from: markcf83 on May 23, 2019, 03:59:38 PM
Don't think Slough have any spare Mercedes Citaros. Total non runner for me.

That's what I thought - but apparently the MD has confirmed we're getting 9 more Citaro's! Maybe they will come from elsewhere...

willr7

Quote from: DD12 on May 23, 2019, 01:27:58 PM
Which was the StreetDeck that collided with a low bridge please,
  --  and has it been repaired yet (anyone) ??

Thanks.

Looking back at some images from the crash scene - It was 35174.

I'm guessing it has not re-entered service as there is no trace of it on the bus times tracker. So I guess it is still being repaired!

DD12

Quote from: willr7 on May 23, 2019, 10:39:52 PM

I'm guessing it has not re-entered service as there is no trace of it on the bus times tracker. So I guess it is still being repaired!

Thanks again willr7 !!  :)

markcf83

Quote from: willr7 on May 23, 2019, 10:33:07 PM
That's what I thought - but apparently the MD has confirmed we're getting 9 more Citaro's! Maybe they will come from elsewhere...

The only other place I can remember them being at, bar Slough and Worcester, is Southampton. And unless they are getting new buses this year I doubt very much they'll be available.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: markcf83 on May 24, 2019, 08:40:30 AM
The only other place I can remember them being at, bar Slough and Worcester, is Southampton. And unless they are getting new buses this year I doubt very much they'll be available.....

Southampton have only have two left and they have been stored for a long time. I can't see them being of use after the rest took so long with electrical problems for the same reason. Truro also has some, but they are council owned i believe. There's a few trainers dotted about but I can't see 8 of them being available.

My suggestion was that some of the Yourbus Citaros would be purchased. These were advertised for sale some time back, and don't appear to have sold. With no new route introductions AFAIK , they most likely still are for sale. With a mix of 62/13/64, they could be good modern buys to upgrade the Worcester fleet!

Rich-82

Quote from: willr7 on May 23, 2019, 10:39:52 PM

I've seen a pic all be not a brilliant pic and it looks like it is back in Northern Ireland at the factory still damaged with tarpaulin sheets over the top deck

willr7

Quote from: Rich-82 on May 31, 2019, 01:49:26 AM
I've seen a pic all be not a brilliant pic and it looks like it is back in Northern Ireland at the factory still damaged with tarpaulin sheets over the top deck

Interesting, Thanks Rich. Wonder if it will ever get back on the road!😂

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk