News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

Possibly on delivery to first south at Hoeford and stopped for a charge at Abbey lane

Pscar05

Quote from: Mayfield on February 22, 2024, 08:54:41 PMPossibly on delivery to first south at Hoeford and stopped for a charge at Abbey lane
Was that one of the kites or a decker bus?

Fin W

Glenfieldmathk1

Now 5 visiting buses at Leicester.. presumably for charging / servicing..
2 "mainline" (from Sheffield?), plus 2 electric Streetdecks (Norwich), and 1 ADL Electric Decker demonstrator.

Still no word on the Electric Leicester Streetdecks, other than a small post on Facebook fan page stating that leicesters double decker order might be diverted to Leeds. Maybe the ADL demonstrator is here to trial to replace the order?

markcf83

Perhaps the electric double deckers are there for type training,if they're different to the single deckers in any way.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Fin W

EMA B8RLE 69619 BV24 LNN has arrived

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 05, 2024, 10:56:31 AMStill no word on the Electric Leicester Streetdecks, other than a small post on Facebook fan page stating that leicesters double decker order might be diverted to Leeds. Maybe the ADL demonstrator is here to trial to replace the order?
I've heard the opposite that some of Leeds batch MIGHT be coming to Leicester to bolster the double decker fleet.

Here's hoping more deckers are coming to give more capacity to the busy services.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on March 06, 2024, 08:41:34 AMI've heard the opposite that some of Leeds batch MIGHT be coming to Leicester to bolster the double decker fleet.

Here's hoping more deckers are coming to give more capacity to the busy services.
Yes I heard this too.. (in fact I posted it here!).
I guess like everything on Facebook.. you need to take everything with a pinch of salt!

Mayfield

Could borrow some of Arriva LOL

Glenfieldmathk1

2 more white evora just seen heading to Abbey Lane 👍

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 07, 2024, 11:37:34 AM2 more white evora just seen heading to Abbey Lane 👍
5 due 69618-69622 

Mayfield

Noticed a First Solent Kite heading south this morning on the M1 in Nottinghamshire and then again a couple of hours later near Beaumont Leys heading towards the M1 so I presume it had called in to Abbey Lane for a charge, it carries a very striking blue livery unlike the bland green we have in Leicester 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on March 07, 2024, 04:33:51 PMNoticed a First Solent Kite heading south this morning on the M1 in Nottinghamshire and then again a couple of hours later near Beaumont Leys heading towards the M1 so I presume it had called in to Abbey Lane for a charge, it carries a very striking blue livery unlike the bland green we have in Leicester
Green is part of Leicester buses! First didn't get a choice. I believe Solent chose blue.. 
Personally I prefer the first generic electric livery seen in York / Norwich.

Fin W

All 5 B8RLEs & Solent Kite 63630 at Abbey Lane

Glenfieldmathk1

The B8's are now branded..
All 5 are white with Purple branding for EMA.. with a reference to First bus on the back.
I saw one yesterday on driver training running along the A50 in Markfield.
The service starts on Sunday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk