News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pscar05

I've seen pictures of 63523, the damage is pretty bad and according to my friend who is a mechanic for first leicester it is possible it could be a while as all the panels on one side need replacing and new windows as well.

Mayfield

If the damage is that bad wouldn't it make sense to send it back to Wrights for repair 

Mayfield

Looks like 63531 has not been used for 6 weeks has this one been damaged as well ?

Fin W

Quote from: Mayfield on January 24, 2024, 07:37:33 PMLooks like 63531 has not been used for 6 weeks has this one been damaged as well ?
Yes, was sat next to 63523 undergoing repairs 2 weeks ago

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on January 24, 2024, 07:37:33 PMLooks like 63531 has not been used for 6 weeks has this one been damaged as well ?
63531 is back in service out on the 14 today.

Pscar05

Quote from: Mayfield on January 24, 2024, 07:14:50 PMIf the damage is that bad wouldn't it make sense to send it back to Wrights for repair
That's what I would thought but it's being kept at depot for now.

Glenfieldmathk1

The 2 streetlites have now left Leicester.
It means all single fleet is now electric Kite. (Although it's thought 2 are not operable), 35179 has temporary gone on loan to Sheffield for a tram replacement.. (seems strange to me, as we are desperate for double deckers!).
With the 2kites off, streetlites gone and a double decker gone my calculations would indicate Leicester will be short of buses on Monday by 1 vehicle? (During peak PVR if you include both BHX3&5)..

Also, makes no sense.. 68 kites & 18 electro Streetdecks - 86 buses.. this also leaves Leicester short - So my guess now is the previous rumours that some of the "Leeds decker batch" may well be transferring.. or will Leicester be short further, or keeping the Streetdecks? Or could we see a service change announced and potentially a drop of another service or reduction in frequency looming?

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on February 18, 2024, 10:23:52 PMThe 2 streetlites have now left Leicester.
It means all single fleet is now electric Kite. (Although it's thought 2 are not operable), 35179 has temporary gone on loan to Sheffield for a tram replacement.. (seems strange to me, as we are desperate for double deckers!).
With the 2kites off, streetlites gone and a double decker gone my calculations would indicate Leicester will be short of buses on Monday by 1 vehicle? (During peak PVR if you include both BHX3&5)..

Also, makes no sense.. 68 kites & 18 electro Streetdecks - 86 buses.. this also leaves Leicester short - So my guess now is the previous rumours that some of the "Leeds decker batch" may well be transferring.. or will Leicester be short further, or keeping the Streetdecks? Or could we see a service change announced and potentially a drop of another service or reduction in frequency looming?
the streetlites were a temporary addition to allow for an uplift of deckers on the BHX5 service over christmas.

A case of waiting and seeing what happens with the double decker side of the fleet.

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on February 18, 2024, 10:23:52 PMThe 2 streetlites have now left Leicester.
It means all single fleet is now electric Kite. (Although it's thought 2 are not operable), 3
With the 2kites off, 
2 vehicles dead out of a fleet of 68 is not something that is going to cause a problem, most operators allow about 10% of a fleet to be not servicable at any time

markcf83

Has anyone heard when the electric double deckers are due for Leicester?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Magikrabby

Quote from: markcf83 on February 20, 2024, 03:12:53 PMHas anyone heard when the electric double deckers are due for Leicester?
The Leicester Buses website says April, so my guess is May. First already have the charging infrastructure so I doubt there will be any huge delays getting them into service like there is with Arriva.

Pscar05

When driving today I seen a Sheffield branded streetdeck in Leicester with special on the display. Anyone know anything?

markcf83

Quote from: Pscar05 on February 21, 2024, 08:10:37 PMWhen driving today I seen a Sheffield branded streetdeck in Leicester with special on the display. Anyone know anything?
Rail replacement until the weekend,specifically the trams.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

xmj-signal

Quote from: markcf83 on February 22, 2024, 03:00:12 PMRail replacement until the weekend,specifically the trams.
That would be 35179 which is a Leicester-branded Streetdeck currently in Sheffield.

Pscar05's post had it the other way round - a Sheffield-branded Streetdeck in Leicester. If that's so, any ideas what that might have been?

AlexS

Also in Leicester (at least as of yesterday lunchtime) was 63623 Sean heading down Narborough Road with no front registration plate attached.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk