News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin W

63109 in Christmas wrap, looks to be the same as what other streetlies have worn in the past few years

Mayfield

Any idea what has happened to 63523, appears to have not been in service for over 6 months,
It's also still taxed

Pscar05

Quote from: Mayfield on December 22, 2023, 07:46:55 PMAny idea what has happened to 63523, appears to have not been in service for over 6 months,
It's also still taxed
It was being used for parts of other busses that was used in collisions. It's at workshops at the moment. 

Mayfield

From what your saying it appears that Wrights can't supply spares for brand new buses,
Expensive way to keep buses on the road but aye oh these are funded by H M gov so ultimately we the tax payer are paying for something that is useless just like the NX hydrogens and most gov services in this country, good job the cash cow never empties.

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on December 30, 2023, 06:36:22 PMFrom what your saying it appears that Wrights can't supply spares for brand new buses,
Expensive way to keep buses on the road but aye oh these are funded by H M gov so ultimately we the tax payer are paying for something that is useless just like the NX hydrogens and most gov services in this country, good job the cash cow never empties.

Your statement is wrong on so many reasons.

It's standard practice is a bus is long term off the road for something like collision to 'borrow' parts to get others repaired quickly while the parts are being delivered.

The tax payer is paying for nothing in this case.

It's nothing like the hydrogen problem of fuelling, There's no shortage of electricity at Leicester depot.

Mayfield

It says funded by U.K. government on the side so which ever way you look at it the tax payers have funded a bus that hasn't turned a wheel in over 6 months, poor after sales service if you have to cannibalize a bus to keep others on the road, parts should be readily available especially for a brand new product.

Tony

The government provided the extra cost between a standard bus and a zero emission vehicle, but has nothing to do with maintenance so not paying towards this vehicle.

As I said if the vehicle is off the road anyway parts will be borrowed if it means another bus can be on the road within an hour or so.

I would imagine First will have a parts contract with Wrightbus similar to one NX have with Alexander Dennis, but even next day delivery could still mean a bus missing an afternoon peak and the following morning peak if the part isn't borrowed.

Glenfieldmathk1

More & more posts on Facebook and Twitter x about over crowding.. and still nothing seeming to be done about it!
Any ideas who we should complain to? Traffic commissioner? First management at head office? The government?

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on January 04, 2024, 05:38:30 PMMore & more posts on Facebook and Twitter x about over crowding.. and still nothing seeming to be done about it!
Any ideas who we should complain to? Traffic commissioner? First management at head office? The government?
Not sure what the TC is going to do? If First are running their journies they are doing nothing wrong and the Kites have a high standing capacity, so I doubt any are overloaded

Stu

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on January 04, 2024, 05:38:30 PMMore & more posts on Facebook and Twitter x about over crowding.. and still nothing seeming to be done about it!
Sorry but posts on Facebook and Twitter don't achieve anything.

In the first instance, tell First Bus!

https://www.tellfirstbus.com/leicester

Complaints and feedback sent through 'official channels' all get logged, looked at and reported on.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 04, 2024, 07:14:16 PMSorry but posts on Facebook and Twitter don't achieve anything.

In the first instance, tell First Bus!

https://www.tellfirstbus.com/leicester

Complaints and feedback sent through 'official channels' all get logged, looked at and reported on.
I suspect a lot of Facebook & Twitter posts are actually when the bus is 'full' and they have to actually sit next to someone or stand.

The train I came home on tonight had people moaning about having to stand, yet I could see at least 30 seats just in the carriage I was sat in.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2024, 07:25:44 PMI suspect a lot of Facebook & Twitter posts are actually when the bus is 'full' and they have to actually sit next to someone or stand.

The train I came home on tonight had people moaning about having to stand, yet I could see at least 30 seats just in the carriage I was sat in.
Unfortunately the bus was full to the brim.. passengers standing even next to the driver as unfortunately the kites standing capacity has been plucked out of thin air if you ask me. Passengers left at bus stops. I had sent first twitter photographic evidence.. they said they are looking.. but are they?

Thanks.. I've sent a response to Tell First. Whether anything will be done, who knows!

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on January 04, 2024, 10:35:18 PMUnfortunately the bus was full to the brim.. passengers standing even next to the driver as unfortunately the kites standing capacity has been plucked out of thin air if you ask me. Passengers left at bus stops. I had sent first twitter photographic evidence.. they said they are looking.. but are they?

Thanks.. I've sent a response to Tell First. Whether anything will be done, who knows!
I'm not disputing there is buses full and leaving people, but one photograph on X will attract a lot of comments from others claiming there bus was packed as well from buses that didn't leave people.

The standing capacity of buses isn't 'plucked out of thin air ' it is based on the weight carrying capacity of the chassis, hence why 'heavyweight' buses like B7RLEs have a much higher capacity than a lightweight 12m single deck like an E200MMC

Glenfieldmathk1

Any idea why they've decided to reroute the 14A in Glenfield Hospital?
I see no reason why it is needed.
Twitter says it's just a trial.
But it makes no sense as the new route (trial) adds on extra time? I see only thing maybe is they wanted to add an extra stop (glenfrith way) but it's not needed and not really used..

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on January 09, 2024, 06:53:12 PMAny idea why they've decided to reroute the 14A in Glenfield Hospital?
I see no reason why it is needed.
Twitter says it's just a trial.
But it makes no sense as the new route (trial) adds on extra time? I see only thing maybe is they wanted to add an extra stop (glenfrith way) but it's not needed and not really used.
Could be to allow for alterations to the hospital site in the future 

Wasn't a multi storey car park planned for Glenfield not so long back?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk