News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on September 15, 2023, 08:20:30 PMLooking at the timetable on bustimes.org for the AirCoach service it looks like the PVR is 3 minibuses will be used with the other one acting as a spare?

The timings seem a bit tight to me just over 70 mins each way.

Timetable: https://bustimes.org/services/aircoach-leicester-st-margarets-bus-station-birmin

As the only stop on the way is Fosse Park, I think it's reasonable.. as it's a mini bus it's likely it can do 70mph (rather than the main coach limited max speed of 62mph). My guess is they will head out along Narborough Road (but at peak times could use Hinckley road & Lubbesthorpe way). There appears to be more time added at each end so I guess this covers if there is a delay due to traffic?

Also read on Facebook.. possibly more Double Deckers on the way after all? Some Leeds batch being diverted to Leicester taking total to 26? (Would make a lot more sense!).

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on September 16, 2023, 12:07:59 AMAlso read on Facebook.. possibly more Double Deckers on the way after all? Some Leeds batch being diverted to Leicester taking total to 26? (Would make a lot more sense!).
Hope this is true as they're certainly needed!

the current mixture of singles on the 13 and 14 is awful, end up crammed in like sardines for most of the day 😔

Fin W

The Kites are full on route 15 also, that needs deckers too

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on September 16, 2023, 06:28:01 AMHope this is true as they're certainly needed!

the current mixture of singles on the 13 and 14 is awful, end up crammed in like sardines for most of the day 😔
I've raised several complaints regarding 13 & 14 since start of the new school year - but so far nothing has been acted on?
Noted today, probably busiest Sunday in Leicester.. 14 is full of singles?
Cannot work it out.. at all! It just shows (to me personally) how the new First Managing Structure does not work. You need local managers (not huge regional ones!). 
I personally would be running a full DD output on 4, 14/A, 15 & 54, and have mixed boards across 13, 18, 38/A, 74 and the 88's.
Equally full single routes would then just leave 16, 17, 21 (obvious reasons), 25/26 (22B).. but even for these routes I'd be adjusting the timetables so more buses are on them! This is personally where I find Leicester buses has gone wrong.. they should be pushing for this rather than spending money on cycle lanes, new bus stops and actually if more use the bus there wouldn't be need for more bus lanes as more would be off the road anyway!

Mayfield

I guess someone 100's of miles away will wonder why it busy in Leicester today as he listens to radio 4

Mayfield

Has air coach started yet as nothing I'd tracking

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on September 20, 2023, 10:00:44 AMHas air coach started yet as nothing I'd tracking
Yes it has started but doesn't track yet.

Quite a few bus stops around Leicester now have adverts in the timetable cases for aircoach.

Glenfieldmathk1

63548 was on 13 today.. but driver on the 12.20 departure couldn't "start it"! It was sat at the bus stop just outside St.Margarets.. for about 15 minutes! I noticed again it did the same at "One Stop" in glenfield.. all the lights flashing (indicators, brake lights etc)! They can't be worn out already yet surely.. ?
I notice after the journey it went into haymarket and later venture onto 25 (according to bus times).. Was it fixed?

Mayfield

Anyone know why the following have not been in service for weeks according to Bustimes 
63506/522/523/531

Fin W

Quote from: Mayfield on September 25, 2023, 07:39:36 PMAnyone know why the following have not been in service for weeks according to Bustimes
63506/522/523/531
63522 is away undergoing RTC repairs looking at flikr

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Fin W on September 25, 2023, 08:27:52 PM63522 is away undergoing RTC repairs looking at flikr
Has 63531 even been delivered yet?

Mayfield

At one time it had a registration number on Bustimes and a journey against it but the registration number quickly disappeared, so possibly not.

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on September 26, 2023, 10:23:24 AMAt one time it had a registration number on Bustimes and a journey against it but the registration number quickly disappeared, so possibly not.
Understand it went back to wrightbus for modification works.

it never entered service and should be registered as a 73 plate upon it's return to Leicester

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on September 26, 2023, 10:23:24 AMAt one time it had a registration number on Bustimes and a journey against it but the registration number quickly disappeared, so possibly not.
It incorrectly tracked.. basically it was a different bus but had wrong fleet number on the ticket machine!

ellspurs

I had one of the Aircoach minibuses overtake me on the Narborough Road South this morning, around 0400 (I can't remember if Owain had started prattling along or not). It veered off up Fullhurst Avenue to avoid the road closure  on the Narborough Road after the petrol station due to the stabbing last night. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk