News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenfieldmathk1

All kites are apparently now here (according to bus times).. 
Tuesday will see New weekday times, with full PVR.. so will be interesting to see what's allocated where!
Noticed a lot of comments about 14/A being like Sardines..
Let's hope First realise their mistake and increase the DD order (which Leicester is currently last expected Jan 24)!

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on August 26, 2023, 10:40:16 PMAll kites are apparently now here (according to bus times)..
Tuesday will see New weekday times, with full PVR.. so will be interesting to see what's allocated where!
Noticed a lot of comments about 14/A being like Sardines..
Let's hope First realise their mistake and increase the DD order (which Leicester is currently last expected Jan 24)!
Yes they're all now at Abbey Lane with the illusive 63531 understood to be the last one entering into service today.

the 14's are getting ridiculously full yet deckers run near enough empty elsewhere 🙄

SSmith09

Interior branding is being fitted to the electrics with a few done so far, the branding is just basic ticketing info with Leicester Buses logo and the panel behind the driver features pictures of a Leicester landmark.

63557 is one that's been branded and features St Georges Tower (the blue one at the bottom end of Charles Street)

Glenfieldmathk1

Today (31st August).. the first time an electric has been used on service 13W..
Interestingly 54 is being run today by mostly single deckers? Maybe Leicester buses news was incorrect when it said 8 DD's for 54?

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on August 31, 2023, 08:07:12 AMToday (31st August).. the first time an electric has been used on service 13W..
Interestingly 54 is being run today by mostly single deckers? Maybe Leicester buses news was incorrect when it said 8 DD's for 54?
Certainly at least 18 double deckers are due, a number of the streetdecks have departed so they're using what they've got for now. 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on August 31, 2023, 02:24:17 PMCertainly at least 18 double deckers are due, a number of the streetdecks have departed so they're using what they've got for now.

Yep, I know there's 18 coming..
They've currently got 20 serviceable DD's left in the fleet..
The Leicester buses website says 54 will be allocated 8 DD's - however from what I've seen past few days, 54 alongside 15 & 14/A have been very much mixed boards. With no clear DD allocation. 
I still personally think they've got it wrong.. they should have replaced like for like or if anything ordered more DD's.. The Leicester bus plan won't work if people are crammed on board.
Just like HH from Centrebus.. I know people avoid this service as it's always full, council even acknowledges it, but no plan to introduce DD's there either.. 
(I think a lot of it came down to Leicester city council taking charge rather than the actual bid companies, due to the government grant)..

Mayfield

I believe there's 22 D/D's available and the HH is only full at peak times.

Mayfield

According to Bustimes there was a Mercedes Sprinter 54154 on the 14A this morning ????

Fin W

Quote from: Mayfield on September 05, 2023, 09:58:18 AMAccording to Bustimes there was a Mercedes Sprinter 54154 on the 14A this morning ????
It only tracked in the depot https://bustimes.org/vehicles/flei-54154#journeys/473237078

Mayfield

Not sure how bus times works but can you please explain how you know it only tracked in the depot

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on September 05, 2023, 01:24:54 PMNot sure how bus times works but can you please explain how you know it only tracked in the depot
Just select track this bus

Glenfieldmathk1

All 7 Saffron buses were out in service today! September 5th.. this is the first time all have been serviceable since mid June! But strangely.. around 10 Kites are not in service? Do first have a date when these B7RLEs are going out of service?

Glenfieldmathk1

Strange.. 69383 started tracking as 69303 this afternoon? Maybe driver entered incorrect ticket machine info?
69303 is correctly tracking as BHX5 - and also did a run on 15! But the rest (88A, 88 & 88E journeys) are all 69383!
Also noticed Amazon bus (BHX3) now seems to be the 10am 14A journey again - 13 has gone back to just being a short running board for 1 bus in the morning although afternoon 13 peak does still inter work with 14.
Also noticed the 15 seems to have some vehicles just doing short boards too? Is this because of the extra buses what with Saffrons still around? Or is it permanent (and more electrics still need to be ordered)?

Fin W

The website for the new Leicester to Birmingham Airport service is now online https://aircoach.travel/

SSmith09

Looking at the timetable on bustimes.org for the AirCoach service it looks like the PVR is 3 minibuses will be used with the other one acting as a spare?

The timings seem a bit tight to me just over 70 mins each way.

Timetable: https://bustimes.org/services/aircoach-leicester-st-margarets-bus-station-birmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk