News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyGuy222

First have done this for a fair few years, for, if I am not mistaken, those that can't walk properly so they can still be a part of the procession, but not have to walk it.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on April 30, 2023, 02:13:22 PMFirst have done this for a fair few years, for, if I am not mistaken, those that can't walk properly so they can still be a part of the procession, but not have to walk it.
Correct.. it takes part in the parade initially (for those who can't walk or struggle) before running back and forth as a shuttle for the Sikhs to get between the temples.
It occurs usually once a year.. 35181 tracked full day as "Dead" but you can see possession route and shuttles.

47609FireFly

It wasn't just StreetDecks used this year, Kite 63503 - BK23 HCV also took part in proceedings. 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: 47609FireFly on May 01, 2023, 01:30:24 PMIt wasn't just StreetDecks used this year, Kite 63503 - BK23 HCV also took part in proceedings.
Excellent 👍 
Do we know if they'll be bringing it into full service soon? 

Fin W

Quote from: 47609FireFly on May 01, 2023, 01:30:24 PMIt wasn't just StreetDecks used this year, Kite 63503 - BK23 HCV also took part in proceedings.
Can't be long until they begin to enter service in that case

Glenfieldmathk1

67705 was seen earlier heading towards Leicester on the A50.. (it's also tracked on bus times).
I believe (yes believe but could be wrong).. this could potentially be its last trip here before moving on as the remaining airport vehicles are now in service or arriving soon.
Another note if you didn't know:
The airport vehicles appear to be "parked up" at an airport depot rather than coming back and forth to Leicester each day. 

Fin W

I heard elsewhere that they are stored at EMA, That would explain why they don't have "Abbey Lane," as their "garage" on bustimes.org.  According to tracking, 66705 has gone back to EMA and 44761 has gone to Leicester.

SSmith09

First Leicester have registered JetParks 2 as another depot/outstation on the Leicester Citybus LTD operating licence with an allocation of 5 vehicles.

Most likely they're stored at Jet Parks 2 when not in use and come back to Abbey Lane for maintenance etc...

See: https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/view-details/licence/21591

Fin W

63502/3 have started tracking today on bustimes.org

they appear to be doing route training of some description

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Fin W on May 09, 2023, 05:14:58 PM63502/3 have started tracking today on bustimes.org

they appear to be doing route training of some description
Driver familiarisation together with testing the vehicles on the routes (as they are slightly longer than the max Streetlites). Most likely will see them tested under the bridge at Gypsy lane (route 21), and through the Optimus point bus gate (route 13). As well as few other areas.
Not sure when they'll enter service but I'd say soon! Some Streetlites are very uncomfortable now. I'd say they've stopped maintaining them knowing they are going to move on.

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 10, 2023, 10:20:34 AMSome Streetlites are very uncomfortable now. I'd say they've stopped maintaining them knowing they are going to move on.
Do you really think a big group would 'stop maintaining' its buses

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 10, 2023, 10:20:34 AMDriver familiarisation together with testing the vehicles on the routes (as they are slightly longer than the max Streetlites). Most likely will see them tested under the bridge at Gypsy lane (route 21), and through the Optimus point bus gate (route 13). As well as few other areas.
Not sure when they'll enter service but I'd say soon! Some Streetlites are very uncomfortable now. I'd say they've stopped maintaining them knowing they are going to move on.
The Gipsy Lane bridge is height restricted to 12 meters so hopefully they'll fit under it.

Tony

Quote from: SSmith2009 on May 10, 2023, 02:14:16 PMThe Gipsy Lane bridge is height restricted to 12 meters so hopefully they'll fit under it.

I presume you mean 12' not 12m

SSmith09

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 10, 2023, 10:20:34 AMDriver familiarisation together with testing the vehicles on the routes (as they are slightly longer than the max Streetlites). Most likely will see them tested under the bridge at Gypsy lane (route 21), and through the Optimus point bus gate (route 13). As well as few other areas.
First's GB Kites are 11ft 1inch (3380mm) so should fit under Barkby Road bridge.

GB Kite parked up at Abbey Lane showing the height above the doors

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk