News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on April 17, 2023, 11:08:47 PM33 double deckers we're in use during the main peak today.. 35 if you include the 2 on BHX services and 36 if you include a short running on 14 (for one E400).
If they've only ordered 18 electric double deckers.. it's not clear to me how this will be enough?
I guess could the orders be flexible? And more DD's arrive instead? Or is it certain 68 must be single deckers?
Could be that one of the higher frequency routes may be converted to single decker operation?

xmj-signal

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on April 15, 2023, 08:47:43 AMWell spotted.. I didn't notice that. Which means there's 2 mistakes.
My original post for the map, the error I mentioned was with the stops - 54 will not use BE but should say BF!
A revised version of the Network Map is now on the First Leicester website.

The route of the 16 around the General Hospital has been corrected (and is now almost incomprehensible, though how it could be any clearer with such a complex operation is hard to imagine).

You'll also be pleased to know that route 54 will now be using stop BF according to the diagram.

xmj-signal

Quote from: xmj-signal on April 11, 2023, 12:35:52 AMAn interesting change (or rather lack of) in the up-coming revisions next Sunday: while the list of changes on the First website shows that 54 Beaumont Leys will revert to running along Abbey Park Road, there is no similar information for the 25/26 routes. So, I asked the question via the website contact form and have received the following reply:

Good Afternoon,
I can confirm there are no current plans for the 25/26 to return along Abbey Park Road. Only the 53 (they mean 54) will use Abbey Park Road

I was also told the same last week at the Travel Shop, after the person behind the counter phoned someone to ask. So apparently the 25 inward and 26 outward are going to continue operating via Ravensbridge Drive, which seems a little strange.

I know I shouldn't laugh but I've just been looking at the 'boasts' on the Leicester Buses website and they are congratulating themselves on the installation of bus lanes on Abbey Park Road which will (and I quote):

"help improve reliability and bus journey times on Firstbus 54 and 25/26, in advance of new electric buses being introduced on them this year."

BNH2004

What is the seating capacity of the new GB Kites?

Franco

40 seats (33 fixed seats and 7 tip up seats )

Fin W

Wright's website says up to 88!

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Fin W on April 26, 2023, 11:00:07 PMWright's website says up to 88!
Does that include standing?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Fin W on April 26, 2023, 11:00:07 PMWright's website says up to 88!
The Streetdeck including standing has 88! (74 seats).
I'd say max 60 for the single. These are full size length unlike the Streetlites. 

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on April 27, 2023, 05:41:20 PMThe Streetdeck including standing has 88! (74 seats).
I'd say max 60 for the single. These are full size length unlike the Streetlites.
Wright bodied Volvo B7RLEs have a capacity of 100, so 88 seems reasonable for a Kite

SSmith09

From photos I've seen they have 40 seats with 7 of them tip up seats

Jamie153

Quote from: SSmith2009 on April 27, 2023, 06:33:40 PMFrom photos I've seen they have 40 seats with 7 of them tip up seats
This is correct, the video posted a few pages back of the launch confirms this.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2023, 05:48:33 PMWright bodied Volvo B7RLEs have a capacity of 100, so 88 seems reasonable for a Kite
Wow, that seems like a lot.
no wonder they are swapping to single deckers.
although I'm not sure general public will enjoy that many standing.. 

AlexS

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on April 27, 2023, 10:40:38 PMWow, that seems like a lot.
no wonder they are swapping to single deckers.
although I'm not sure general public will enjoy that many standing..
I doubt you could physically get that many people squashed in. The official capacity usually has more to do with the maximum permitted weight than the amount of space available.

Fin W

Does anyone know what 35189 and several other streetdecks are doing? https://bustimes.org/vehicles/flei-35189?date=2023-04-30#journeys/420421355

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk