News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 15, 2023, 06:45:32 AM2nd day in a row that a 22 branded double decker has been on the peak 13 morning running today.
A sign of the future perhaps? Maybe they'll be rebranded?

On another note.. timetables are now on the website under forthcoming.. interesting there's not that much changed with the times.. just bus stop movements. Plus of course the split up 54/15 and removal of 22.

I guess they'll explain changes in a few days.
None of the Streetdecks on the 22 today are branded for the 22, quite oddly, with 35173 on the 13 and 35174 on the 14. 

Would be surprised if both of them have already been debranded overnight to be honest.

SSmith09

Changes are now listed on the website: Service changes from 16th April

Interestingly services 14/14a will share the same stand at St Margaret's (SG) 🙄

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on March 15, 2023, 06:59:07 AMNone of the Streetdecks on the 22 today are branded for the 22, quite oddly, with 35173 on the 13 and 35174 on the 14.

Would be surprised if both of them have already been debranded overnight to be honest.

Both are definitely still branded 22 as I've seen them on both days on 13 hence the post!

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 15, 2023, 11:26:34 AMBoth are definitely still branded 22 as I've seen them on both days on 13 hence the post!
35174 and 35175 are both now branded for ToTo  with all 22 branding gone

LazyGuy222

35173 also has lost it's branding for the 22, and replaced with ToTo branding instead.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on March 15, 2023, 05:04:23 PM35173 also has lost it's branding for the 22, and replaced with ToTo branding instead.
Yes, looks like it happened this morning after it's run on the 13 during peak like I mentioned above. It was definitely still 22 when I saw it at 6.12 passing by One Stop on Park drive/Elm Tree Avenue.  35174 was also still in 22 branding the day before too!

Glenfieldmathk1

Heard in the news today on the radio.. 18 Electroliner Streetdecks have been ordered to replace the Streetdecks and make Abbey Lane 100% electric from mid 2024!

Glenfieldmathk1

Interesting article.. shows Leicester's new colour scheme, looks pretty smart!
Plus 18 more buses (Streetdecks electroliners) to the already ordered 68gbkites (some of which are due soon.. 1 already here and branded)

Have to say the green looks smart. Hope it doesn't wear off or have windows replaced etc like on the HH Centrebus which already look bit scruffy.

Worth a read: https://www.route-one.net/bus/roads-minister-differing-approaches-needed-on-infrastructure/

xmj-signal

Having seen the pictures of First 63501 in its green livery, I have a question:

Does anyone know whether this is a 'First' livery (i.e., First's electric vehicles in other parts of the country will also carry these colours) *OR* is it a livery specified for Leicester Buses (in which case, the Arriva electrics due later this year will be in much the same livery)?

SSmith09

Quote from: xmj-signal on March 21, 2023, 08:31:53 PMHaving seen the pictures of First 63501 in its green livery, I have a question:

Does anyone know whether this is a 'First' livery (i.e., First's electric vehicles in other parts of the country will also carry these colours) *OR* is it a livery specified for Leicester Buses (in which case, the Arriva electrics due later this year will be in much the same livery)?
I'd hazard a guess that it was a joint effort with some input from the council and some from first.

I have to say it does look quite smart though and will certainly stand out.

Fin W

Quote from: xmj-signal on March 21, 2023, 08:31:53 PMHaving seen the pictures of First 63501 in its green livery, I have a question:

Just Leicester as far as I know, the council supposedly requested all EVs to be green.

Glenfieldmathk1

If your up early enough.. Electric bus has been "on test" at 5am in morning, running from depot along abbey lane & Loughborough road and back.. I guess driver familiarisation without so much traffic?
You can see it's tracked on bus times but as 66841

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 25, 2023, 12:31:32 AMIf your up early enough.. Electric bus has been "on test" at 5am in morning, running from depot along abbey lane & Loughborough road and back.. I guess driver familiarisation without so much traffic?

A launch event at Abbey Lane was held this week 

Fin W

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 25, 2023, 12:31:32 AMIf your up early enough.. Electric bus has been "on test" at 5am in morning, running from depot along abbey lane & Loughborough road and back.. I guess driver familiarisation without so much traffic?
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/flei-66841?date=2023-03-27#journeys/405127920

63501 (still tracking as 66841) shows as having been at East Midlands Airport today

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Fin W on March 27, 2023, 05:02:23 PMhttps://bustimes.org/vehicles/flei-66841?date=2023-03-27#journeys/405127920

63501 (still tracking as 66841) shows as having been at East Midlands Airport today
First have picked up a new contract with EMA.. not sure if it's like Amazon (as they've not registered it like the Amazon services, both of which are now registered under the BHX5!)
2 E300's are due to arrive/or have already arrived.

Not sure if they would have put the ticket machine back in 66841 for that what I assume was a trial of the route? Or if indeed they ran the electric out to see how it went? 
I do remember before BHX3 launched.. the 66841 / driver trainer was seen in Daventry testing the route.. my guess is this could have been the same?
surprised electric hasn't got its own ticket machine yet (hence not on bus times)? Maybe they are awaiting on some?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk